'God'

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BonesManjonz

The Christian God

Post by BonesManjonz » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:22 pm

The God you refer to is the Christian one. I believe that to be a false God made by man to control the actions of the people. I am a Gnostic Christian who believes in a God that is truly all loving and does not pass judgement. There is no firey inferno called hell, yet another story to control  the masses. My God also has a female side also, called Azna and His name is Om. I could write all day about my beliefs (NOT FAITH!!), but I must go for now.

jallious

Post by jallious » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm

I hope by this topic, you all can see how wars start because of religion.
Trust your own feelings, never anyone else's.

Saldaba6

food for thought

Post by Saldaba6 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 pm

I believe that God is made in man's own image.. something had to explain the various forms of nature and even death so it must be some form of being right? Basically it is all myth.
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Saldaba6

Post by Saldaba6 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm

if you spell god backwards you get dog, spell evil backwards it is live, spell adam backwards and it is mada but if you spell eve backwards or forwards you still get eve which only proves that women rule the world:)
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:25 pm

Saldaba6 wrote:if you spell god backwards you get dog, spell evil backwards it is live, spell adam backwards and it is mada but if you spell eve backwards or forwards you still get eve which only proves that women rule the world:)
Good one.

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:43 pm

jallious wrote:I hope by this topic, you all can see how wars start because of religion.
You cannot blame religion for that. Everyone has a difference of opinion which is hard to change.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm

The war always start because some leaders hunger for power, and his/her subjects don't dare to stand up against him/her.

It's not the religion itself that make war...it's their leadership.

The same goes for "Nazi".... and the ideas their leaders had....and let us also take POL POT who was  Cambodian Communist leader, Prime Minister 1976–79. From 1968 he led the Khmer Rouge, becoming Prime Minister soon after its seizure of power in 1975. During his regime the Khmer Rouge embarked on a brutal reconstruction programme in which more than 2 million Cambodians died.

So it is always the human mind that goes to war.....not the belief itself.....the belief is just used by the leaders to reach their goals.

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Couldnt put it better.

jallious

Post by jallious » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:48 pm

I did not say that all wars start because of religion.

corgar

God...

Post by corgar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 pm

... is generally described or understood to be infinite and we humans are generally described as being finite in one form or another.  Therefore how can we really know all there is to know about God?  How would you make such a solid judgment about God when you're working from a limited definition such as that?
Finding harmony begins when one ceases needing to be right.

jallious

Post by jallious » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Who are you talking to, Corgar?

corgar

Oops!

Post by corgar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:20 pm

I was really just addressing the original post... Sorry if I posted directly to your response!  My mind is on about 15 different things this fine day.  :smt002

- C

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 pm

I tend to agree with you corgar, and we might also see the whole thing another way....

As human we are only able to understand what is equal or below ourself capacity.....we all agree that God is the highest being....so we can never understand fully what God is...we can only start to imagine.

corgar

Hmm!

Post by corgar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:42 pm

I love that point of view, Rhutobello!  That is another great way to look at it.  I actually have almost 100 semester hours toward a Biblical Studies degree.  I am not anywhere near the theological understanding of the conservative university I attended however.  But considering my previous studies I did come to a few pretty practical observations... One of them is how can one say for absolutely sure there is no God...?  Where would the proof be?  How can one prove a lack of a universal divine entity?  If one states that they are for sure there is no God, I have a difficult time believing they've considered all of the possibilities out there with any sort of open-minded thought process.

Zarathoustra

Post by Zarathoustra » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:48 pm

God has given the rough stones we are.
And us, little architects, we are responsibles off what we do in our life.
Zara.'.

Return to “General Discussion”