Were griffins real?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

maplewoman

Were griffins real?

Post by maplewoman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:46 pm

I had a dream last night where I saw a white cloud like, winged thing fly over the building I was in. I wondered if I walked out onto the oval whether I could see it flying above the building I looked up and this griffin came straight for me landing in front of me. I was frightened and then became submissive to it and we played. He loved me and I him. There were a few spectators who remained hesitant to come clocer. This went on for ages. I have never seen a griffin before and this one had the whole body of a lion including a head full of sharp teeth. With a mane and massive white wings. It felt so real and magical. Has anybody else dreamed of such mythical creatures? or maybe seen such things.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 am

Well I don't remember dreaming about magical creatures, but I find myself very attracted to Griffin's & Phoenix's. I think they both are real.

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 am

Phoenix is definitely true. We all say rising from the ashes like a Phoenix, Right.

pranay

Post by pranay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 pm

I do believe in Phoenix's but not quite sure about Griffins.

Phoenix rise from their own ashes after they die. Their tears also have healing powers...or so I have heard(rather read in Harry Potter)

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:39 pm

That was such a good dream, at least a calming one...

Mine involved a few griffins after my life, and mind you they were scary, violent, BIG. But, I still love them. I have an Eyrie for a Neopet...which is my dearest... :) Always found those creatures beautiful.

If they really exist, I hope people would not put them in zoos because it spoils the image of them as free majestic and powerful creatures, which would be really sad.

When I was young I thought there were unicorns in the zoo. :P
Then my parents told me they don't exist :(... ouch.

Mystcmoon

Post by Mystcmoon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Actually, a gryphon (spelling different, but same animal) does not have the facial characteristics of a lion, but rather the head of an eagle. The only mythical or magical creatures of the type you describe are the winged lion and the manticore. The lion is essentially good in nature, and the manticore is evil in nature.

maplewoman

Post by maplewoman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am

I looked up winged lion and that is a far better depiction of what I dreamed about. I still remember well the look and feel of the animal. Amazing, I hope we meet again soon. It certainly beats the other nightmares I have been having.

Return to “General Discussion”