First feelings

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

heididak

First feelings

Post by heididak » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:47 pm

When we ignore our first instinct  it always comes back to get you. But we still continue to do it?

jallious

Post by jallious » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:59 pm

It's part of the learning process.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 pm

Trusting random instincts is a constant trial and error.  We seldom hear it strong enough to actually use it and when we do, we don't get it fast enough to affect any given situation.

maplewoman

Post by maplewoman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:40 am

Someone once said to me to never second guess yourself. I now know fully what this means. It is like we know everything but when we choose to think about it, it becomes clouded with why's and why not's, maybe's and what if's. Like when I put my arm thru the solid wall, I knew it was possible, I had not a scerec of doubt I had nothing in my mind but action and so I did it. Then once self talk came in and I started to doubt why I had done this and continued to tell myself this is not right the solidity of the object became all too apparent. It hurt a lot to remove my arm that day, like shreads of glass peircing each molecule. This is why doubt is so dangerous. So in this instance I would have been better not to second guess myself and carried on doing what I was doing. That same doubt has saved my life too.

Return to “General Discussion”