Is the world coming to an end?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rozrokz

Is the world coming to an end?

Post by rozrokz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:51 am

The weather has never act up this badly before and there are more natural disasters andmore differences in religious opinions than before that lead to war. There has been predictions that the world will come to an end in this century? :smt084 Will we be the generation that see this disaster?

Brother-Minos

Post by Brother-Minos » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:42 am

Insects are a more hardy species than ours, their world won't end. But you mean us humans right?

The weather has been worse before. Would you like to have lived during the Ice Age?

When we think of the Middle ages, we think they are called the "dark ages' because of the ignorance of heliocentric ideas, but there's also another reason; an enormous eruption of a volcano earlier created a huge dark atmosphere over Europe like the world had not seen before; some theorists suggest this may be why those centuries were full of human negativity and violence like torture and bigotry of the worse kind, etc.

If you're referring to Global Warning; it is serious for many and it could be the beginning of our extinction-but not in our lifetimes-at least not all. I'm seeing it as very slow process; it all depends on the people with the money and how much we can pressure them to take it seriously, but they tend to only care about themselves. I've seen some positive changes already taking place like how to prevent the elderly and poor from dying during heat waves. People in cities will suffer most; that power outage we had a few years ago was hell. Unbearable heat on earth would be hell-

Anyways, technology isn't infallible. My suggestion is to learn wildlife survival skills, and to pass them down generation to generation. I don't think we should go into any kind of panic or paranoia though; humans just haven't been that responsible for taking care of this planet and so I accept the idea of our extinction. I was told by something how to survive when no water is available but it only pertains to my area. So why I was told, I don't know. Maybe it could happen. Just accept whatever happens, happens and help when you are able. Just don't give in to panic. Nobody really knows; the most miraculous co-operation could make us into a better species overall.

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:07 am

Nostradamus called time from 2007-2012 'time of troubles', like WW3... disasters are coming....

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Change is the only constant in life.  Yes the world as we know it is ending, each day another disaster.  But the end of all things of life...I don't think so.  

IMO we are leaving a very material age of thinking for a more spiritual age of thinking.  Many people are changing themselves and our world to see things in another perspective.  This may redesign the ideas as well as the earth itself.
God bless, J

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:51 pm

No the world is not going to end this century.
Does that make you feel better?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:42 am

spiritalk wrote: 

IMO we are leaving a very material age of thinking for a more spiritual age of thinking.  Many people are changing themselves and our world to see things in another perspective.  This may redesign the ideas as well as the earth itself.
I feel the same way.  About 5 years ago I was very worried about the state humanity had let ourselves get into but there seems to be a little more promise for the world and humanity in the last five years.  Theres more open views, cultures in some places are becoming more accepted its is yet only a little little start but enough for someone like me to have hope that the world is becoming a much more spiritually aware home.  It has me excited to wonder and hope that in 100 years my great great grandchildren will hopefully live in a cleaner more peaceful world.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:19 am

:smt005 Tears of joy. Thanks prof for that vote of confidence.

cancer73

Post by cancer73 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:47 am

Everything ends eventually, but I don't think the world is going to be ending anytime soon.  More natural disasters? Maybe.  Evil people doing evil things? of course...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Why would evil deeds be considered...of course!?

The fact is we are spiritual beings living a human experience and we can and must wake up to this knowledge at some point in our evolution for the earth to even continue to exist.
God bless, J

weeangel

end

Post by weeangel » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:03 pm

to the person who quoted nostradamus as saying 2007-2012 as the time of troubles id like to add something.
nostrudamus gave 2 endings if u wish to call them that.
one was of distruction the other of a golden age
he was basically telling us the choices we all make now as a collective and individual counsiousness will have  cause and effect and its up to us which way the pendulum swings........
so i wonder what everyone plans to do !!!!!

TrayC

Post by TrayC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 pm

I think the key phrase here is " the world AS WE KNOW IT is coming to an end". Which could mean a variety of things. I agree that we won't see it in our life time, though I worry about our kids.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:23 pm

TrayC wrote:I think the key phrase here is " the world AS WE KNOW IT is coming to an end". Which could mean a variety of things. I agree that we won't see it in our life time, though I worry about our kids.
That is suppposed to happen in 2012, I think most of us will be alive to see it.

sapphyre

end of the world

Post by sapphyre » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Dear Rozrokz;

The only way you or I will see the end of our world - is if the whole world keeps focusing on the negative with such intense anticipation...of what - who knows.
But in truth, and in Light, if we focus on rebuilding and picking up after the caous of political messes, I believe we can turn this world back to what it is meant to be.
We are what we believe, and I firmly believe there is a major spiritual revolution just getting started. What we MIGHT see in our lifetime, is the grand results of universal consciousness focused on renewal.

:smt041

Hope that cheers you up a tad?

Sapphyre  

(Grace & Light be upon you)

sorceress426

Post by sorceress426 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:17 am

The world is completely a cycle, as it has before and is documented in the Mayan calendar. It's done it before & can't be stopped.  What ever the outcome of this change, you have to try not to live in fear. Live your life, love your life, don't fear what you cannot understand.
Live each day as if it were your last, for "yesterday is dead & gone, tomorrow never comes, we exist in perpetual today".  Besides that you walk across a street & get hit by a bus. Why lose the today you have to worry. Make the best of what you have, your life.

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:59 am

sorceress426 wrote:Live each day as if it were your last
. Imagine, once you will be really correct.

Return to “General Discussion”