The Forum

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

cedars
Tarot reader

The Forum

Post by cedars » Sun May 06, 2007 9:16 am

Hi All,
Is it only me or is it the richness of the forums of this site that I find it difficult to navigate through topics and postings - let alone start a new Topic  which took me several attempts to get to?

If I had not enabled notification by email for my new messages, I wouldnt know where to look,  if:

1) there were replies to my postings.
2) to continue where I had left off from with my lessons etc.
3) general keep track of other poeple's postings.

Am I missing something here or is it really a complicated forum to walk through?

Cedars

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun May 06, 2007 10:17 am

Hey....yea...in a way I can understand your frustration.

There is a lot of forums and sub forums to keep track on, and with the way this software work it's hard to do in a simpler way.

Most member though will soon find out those areas that fancy them most and investigate them.

Back to your question.

There is several ways you can do this.

You have the notification part for those thread you want to watch.....

On the top, direct above "YYYYYY people have downlo....."  you will find an option "new Post" by using this you will get a new page with the headlines for all post since your last visit.

If you look at the upper part right, below the search , then you will find several option there for display.

If you look at the bottom of the page you will find "RSS", if you push that one, you will get this days post easy to read and the oppertunity to subscribe.

If you read a post...and you want to know more about the member or yourself....push your name link (or the members). A new box pop up....at the right you will find an option "show all post from this member"...using this and you will get history from the latest to the first.....nice option to use if you don't remeber where you was last.

Hope this will help you a bit :)

Since the question has general interest I move it to General forum.

Good luck :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat May 12, 2007 6:40 am

Thanks Rhutobello for your tips on the forum which was posted on 6 May and I only saw it today by accident. This is what I meant by cant seem to know if there have been answers to my postings in this forum. Either I am doing something wrong or the software is not user-friendly.

I am now following your guidelines and hope I can navigate easily in this forum.
Thanks for your tips.
cedars

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Sun May 13, 2007 12:21 am

I would like to add my thanks to that.
I'm new and I was beginning to feel a little confused.
Think I'll stick with 'new posts' for awhile.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun May 13, 2007 12:59 pm

hello,
feel free to ask all ur queries:)

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Sun May 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks. Still trying to find my way around. Commented on a few posts but then can't find them to see if they have been commented on since. I must be doing somthing wrong. lol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon May 14, 2007 6:37 am

Hi Erinrose
Glad to hear that I am not the only one having problems in finding his way through this forum.
I am clicking the New Posts on the top these days and then searching by topic is there has been a reply to my postings. The email is working sometimes and sometimes not. So,  I guess we will have to wear our magnifying glasses to sift through the postings and/or replies.
Good luck.

p.s. if you find a better solution, please do let me know.

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Mon May 14, 2007 7:41 am

I am on many forums and this one is rather scary, like a maze. Perhaps the number of boards needs to be cut. And I find the font rather small. Maybe it just needs a tidy up. I like a challenge so I will plod on for now. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to such a large forum.

If I find an easy path through it, I'll be sure to let you know. lol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon May 14, 2007 7:42 am

I agree with what you mean about the maze-like nature of this forum.
Good luck"

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon May 14, 2007 8:36 am

Yes...we agree that the forum structure can be a bit hard to navigate.
Much due to what the software offer.....we hope to get a programmer that can help us improve it.....
But as you make yourself more known at the site....the problems become less and less.

Erinrose....if you find the font to small....change this in your browser...take view..text size and chose from there....or if you use firefox use ctrl ++.

Those subject you watch can be control up on the top of the page under "Watched topic"

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Mon May 14, 2007 10:57 am

Wow! Thank you. That was very helpful. I CAN YOU SEE!! lol

Return to “General Discussion”