The power of visualization

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jfgg01

The power of visualization

Post by jfgg01 » Mon May 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Visualization has helped millions of people achieve goals. And it can be the most powerful tool for achievement you have ever used.

It gives you the power to identify the obliterate roadblocks to progress.

It makes your path to success so real that you can almost feel it, hear it, smell it, as well as see it in the mind’s eye.

Testimonials from those trained in visualization come from all walks of life. From salespeople whose bottom lines have improved year after year. From managers whose professional standings have continued to rise. And from athletes whose championship dreams have come true.

But knowing the many benefits of visualization—hearing the inspiring stories of achievement and glory—does not translate into doing it for yourself…seeing your own successful future.

Training in visualization has only been available from experts in sports psychology and personal trainers. It has never been available in any easy-to-learn self-training system. Until now.
Incluso en lo mas obscura de las noches, es posible encontrar algo de luz.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue May 08, 2007 12:51 pm

I was taught visualisation techniques on my first lesson in yoga and that's 40 years ago but the techniques themselves have been around since man grew a forebrain.

dmagbal

Post by dmagbal » Tue May 29, 2007 3:04 am

Thats cool!  I will research on it.
dmagbal

Jasens088

Post by Jasens088 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:21 am

I have also heard of the mind power benifits of visualisation.I sometimes find it hard to get an image in my mind though.
I have found one useful method for helping me get better results in visualising something is to look at something that has something to do with what I want to visualise,usually a piece of paper with something written on it or a picture.

shannonmoschides

Visualisation

Post by shannonmoschides » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:14 pm

I know that we all visualise our lives and selves without being aware of it, and live out these visualisations every day. The important thing is to become aware of how we are programming ourselves and making changes if we need to. Changing the habit of living without awareness is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do. I'm thinking of finding a hynotist to help me reprogramme my brain!!!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

See Tools of our own Consciousness (visualization, meditation, affirmation)  under my blog.  As we spiritually open to the 'more' in the universe the various parts of us in body, mind, spirit expand through using some conscious efforts.
God bless, J

dlm61

Post by dlm61 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:12 am

[quote="Jasens088"]I have also heard of the mind power benifits of visualisation.I sometimes find it hard to get an image in my mind though.
I have found one useful method for helping me get better results in visualising something is to look at something that has something to do with what I want to visualise,usually a piece of paper with something written on it or a picture.[/quote]

That is a ~very~ good idea.  I too sometimes have trouble visualizing something, especially when I am not exactly sure what it is I want.  I find that I can feel or hear things better than I can visualize them.  I like your idea of breaking it down into smaller pieces, or as you say, "something that has something to do with it".  Thanks for sharing that.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:35 pm

As we open to our psychic sensitivities we are using all our senses that we use in a material way and taking them to the psychic.  So for some, visualization is the method that works, for others it may be another sense.  Some meditation methods include a mantra or hum of a sound.  Allowing this to resonnate helps that person to calm into meditation.

One small suggestions...use all the senses...even if you are visualizing, be sure to 'feel' it throughout your whole body as a matter of all the senses.
God bless, J

bittybones

Post by bittybones » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:20 am

Yep - I am a total believer in visualization!

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:26 am

that's something I lost when I try make swimming pool deeper my head was not hard enough
the pool won the fight

smartyashas

Post by smartyashas » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:39 pm

this is very good an informative...i have never thought of this...its really good

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Ollie:  when visualization doesn't work to calm the soul...something in the other senses (hearing, smelling, tasting, touching) will come forward.  We sense with our whole body, mind, spirit and it can resonate throughout your whole being when you quiet the body to access the spirit.  

In meditation exercises visualization is suggested.  If that is not available, try a mantra that fills the mind with sound.
God bless, J

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:28 am

Last edited by ollieowl on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:56 pm

When as a child, we thought as a child.  When we grew....  

The idea is...sometimes we outgrow the talents and skills that childhood gave us.  The innocence of youth allows for some senses to be more active than others.  We begin with our senses in psychic work and then add, intuition and I know (this comes from the heart...it neither sees nor hears...it just knows).  

Don't dismiss any and all input because it is not as you wish.  The more you practice just 'feeling' it, the more the talents can blossom and strengthen.  Who knows what the future holds?
God bless, J

ollieowl

Post by ollieowl » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:54 am

Last edited by ollieowl on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”