Men...don't they understand women by now??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

middi1

Post by middi1 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:14 am

Since the ever popular book "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"..many books have been written on this subject.

I continues to amaze me, how after all this time, after 30 years of marriage, countless divorces, and so on and so on, some men still don't get it?

Most are trying, and that's good...but for those men who have been around the block a couple of times, and still have no clue (or chose to ignore them) come on?

I can only speak for myself, and countless girl friends over the years.

We want love, affection, protection, and projection.  See there? I made it rhyme for you..easier to remember that way..yes?  ;)

1-love: being best friends, lovers, supporters, protectors..becoming family.

2-affection: what happened to the little love notes? The flowers?  The little surprise gifts, every so often?  The back rubs, the kisses ...or the really,  really , good foreplay that was so hot in the beginning?

3-protection: stick up for us!  Be our champion, our knight (not necessarily in shining armor), make us feel like we are women (but remember we’re not weaklings)

4-projection: intelligence, listening and giving feedback.  Understanding and being supportive. Focusing on us, letting us know that your full attention is on us, be there for us (vise versa ;)

come on..give it a try?

Thank You.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue May 08, 2007 6:24 am

:))
what u say is so true!
i guess the men feel the same about us and this will be a never ending story!

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue May 08, 2007 6:28 am

From my experience men want this too (and dont even try you guys to say you dont cause I know...hehe;)  and sometimes women forget this or assume a husband does not want love notes, tickles and foreplay and if they do then they are deemed to be too feminine.

Yes many men neglect their partner and many women neglect their husband.  I ask my husband for back rubs continually (I have a serious bone muscular condition) and he gives them always!!!  but a few nights ago he asked me for one and I replied saying I was too tired and too sore...how ridiculous for me to say no.

Sometimes and I know this from experience that a man has no idea what you want until you do it to them they respond by saying ..(hopefully...hehe..)."why did you do that? that was so nice"  so we reply "I know I appreciate it so I thought you would too."     Therefore leaving the seed of thought within his mind.....and if he still doesnt get it then you hire a sexy muscle bound lad to give you a massage at 60 bucks an hour in your own lounge room and they come around pretty quickly for if the sexy man giving you the massage doesnt do it his hard earned 60 sure will...lol..

We will never ever meet a man that meets our hopes and expecatations for if we did...boy what a door mat!!...haha.

You just gotta thank them when they get it right...they have  egos they'll remember the right they do and will remind you endlessly about it and quickly forget any nudging on the others requests.

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue May 08, 2007 6:36 am

Why is it that us men always get stuck in the middle of everything.

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue May 08, 2007 6:47 am

Your not stuck we understand it is always a two way street theres no blame on either gender.  we all have our faults...except me I'm generally perfect and if anyone sees that I'm not then thats their imperfection...ROFLMBO....lol

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 am

lol.. this reminds me of ur other post..the one which made me laugh like crazy... about husbands and cleaning!!

George

Re: Men...don't they understand women by now??

Post by George » Tue May 08, 2007 3:07 pm

middi1 wrote:Men...don't they understand women by now??

Since the ever popular book "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus"..many books have been written on this subject.

I continues to amaze me, how after all this time, after 30 years of marriage, countless divorces, and so on and so on, some men still don't get it?

Most are trying, and that's good...but for those men who have been around the block a couple of times, and still have no clue (or chose to ignore them) come on?

I can only speak for myself, and countless girl friends over the years.

We want love, affection, protection, and projection.  See there? I made it rhyme for you..easier to remember that way..yes?  ;)

1-love: being best friends, lovers, supporters, protectors..becoming family.

2-affection: what happened to the little love notes? The flowers?  The little surprise gifts, every so often?  The back rubs, the kisses ...or the really,  really , good foreplay that was so hot in the beginning?

3-protection: stick up for us!  Be our champion, our knight (not necessarily in shining armor), make us feel like we are women (but remember we’re not weaklings)

4-projection: intelligence, listening and giving feedback.  Understanding and being supportive. Focusing on us, letting us know that your full attention is on us, be there for us (vise versa ;)

come on..give it a try?

Thank You.
of course it makes you ask why women don't understand men yet?  that there still have to ask that question!   :smt016

understanding comes from talking stop assuming that all men are mind readers.   :smt017
understanding comes from talking stop assuming that all women are mind readers.   :smt017

although on these boards with the mind readers, tarot readings etc you would think we all get it by now!.   :smt002    :smt044

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Tue May 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Most men don't have a clue about how to attract women

The book that was released recently is a must read, that book really got it all.
THE GAME - PENETRATING THE SECRET SOCIETY OF PICKUP ARTISTS written by Neil Strauss

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Tue May 08, 2007 7:34 pm

I always felt that if we stopped trying to figure out the opposite sex, or figuring out another person and instead try and figure ourselves out, we'd all be in a better place.

Biorn

Post by Biorn » Tue May 08, 2007 10:04 pm

Here's a few things I've learned.

1) Women talk a lot. Maybe this is just there way of saying they care. Guys confuse this to mean they are crazy and tune it out. Women think guys are stupid cause they don't seem to follow along too well.

2) Some men confuse inanimate objects with masculinity. As in, they try to act like they are emotionless. This often leads to the archetype of an empty suit of armor. Guys do have feelings that run just as deep as women they just feel that for some reason it's more manly to hide them.

3) Playing hard to get only works for women. Some guys I know play hard to get and it seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. Women like a guy with confidence. If you act like there's something wrong with her you won't get a good match usually.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue May 08, 2007 11:13 pm

I pity the 'mere males" sometimes. lol Particularly when half the time we women don't know what we want or when we want it.  How are those poor mm's supposed to know.

I think understand yrself first and give up trying to understand the opposite sex.  Don't we all go on about accepting people for who they are and what they are and how we don't like judgemental people?  It's all part of it.  Love the man for who he is - with all his burps and farts and scratches and all. lol

Sorry for being so crude but hey!! lol

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 am

oops
Last edited by Danny on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed May 09, 2007 4:48 pm

when they talk, they don't need to be 'fixed' or the situation to be 'fixed'.  Woman need to vent...I would say more than men.  Or at least they have learned how.  It might be a good thing to emulate woman's abilities instead of just tuning out?

johnnieo

most men dont have an idea what going on in girls´ minds

Post by johnnieo » Wed May 09, 2007 5:25 pm

This is parcially true!!! But you know guys make big mistakes with girls. So they have to find a way to understand them.. Well that´s almost IMPOSSIBLE.  If you are a man... YOU SHOULD LOVE WOMEN BUT NEVER EVER TRY TO UNDERSTAND THEM. you´ll go around and around. why humans are so complicated creatures????

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue May 15, 2007 12:42 pm

What really gets to me are toilet seats.
IT HAS A HINGE. THIS MEANS IT GOES BOTH UP AND DOWN.
IF IT IS UP, SIMPLY PLACE YOUR HAND ON THE SEAT AND PUSH IT DOWN.
We have figured out that if it is down - we can lift it up, so the technology should not be beyond you.
If the seat is up please make sure it is not one those that suddenly drops unexpectedly(like the one my wife bought) she complains my screams in the night keep waking her up, then when she comes to find out why I am in tears she screams at me for applying cream to affected part, I keep telling her it's to numb the pain even if I am applying it vigorously.
Love to all
Stuart

Return to “General Discussion”