weird problem

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

weird problem

Post by swetha » Tue May 08, 2007 6:39 am

for the past few days i seem to be having this stupid issue...
i type something.. like a sentence .. out of 10 words atleast 5 are misspelt.. i send more time in correcting these spellings than typing them out. and this is driving me crazy!
is it due to lack of concentration?
i have bee using computers for nearly 10 years now.. so there is no issue of not feeling comfortable with it@
waiting for ur suggestions to improve ...

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue May 08, 2007 6:45 am

I wouldn't worry about it Swetha everybody makes mistakes, your not first and you won't be the last.

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue May 08, 2007 6:49 am

I find mine gets like that when I'm upset, excited or just tired.  Your tired......its never important needing to worry about typos. when your system balances out it will naturally correct itself.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 am

but guys,.. i know it used to happen when i was too tired and Vishwas wud tell me to sleep:) but then it wud be 2am..
now i see that it has become a daily occurrence.. each and evrythign i write is full of typos!!
tired... physically ..? i think mentally :)

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue May 08, 2007 7:19 am

Yup I meant emotionally tired.....it will correct itself soon.....atleat you have something to blame im just crap at typing .....lol..

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue May 08, 2007 7:29 am

I have a sort of the same .

I have to edit a lot because even if all the letters are there they many times change places.
The same happen when I shall collect the DVD's....they are numbered from 1 but when I shall fetch one > 100 then I many times read those numbers like 137 =173.

I think much of it comes from stress....so try to relax...because all the fault will only make you more stressed and you have a bad circle.

MoonGoddess

Typos

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue May 08, 2007 7:41 am

Welcome to my world, must be this bump getting in the way.  I some times get them when I am tired, emotionally, tired or my brain is just to darn witty for my fingers and it all come out in jibberish.  Hey that happens when I talk some times, very funny to listen to.  So if it happens when I talk then no wonder it happens when I type.  Hey I have only....bugger was going to say three typos this time but as I am finishing this off I have stacked up about 20 typos and it is taking me for ever to write this post....must be that brain to witty for my fingers....lol cheer up, every one has some form of minor dyslexia...see I can't even spell the word.

6IncenseStix

Post by 6IncenseStix » Tue May 08, 2007 9:43 am

WOW...someone actually addressed an issue I never thought about asking about LOL

Yeah there are times I am typing, I too have many years at the keyboard. I with two fingers type over 45 WPM so it's not something I am unfamiliar with.

There are times, this happens days in a row for me. I will type and see words like -about spelled abuot or using the word word- I have to consciously make an effort to type "word" rather than work. Don't often comes out dno't and so on. It's not only annoying but I SWEAR I am typing the correct thing LOL

As for speech. I do not talk gibberish or anything but there are a few days (only on occasion) where I am speaking to  people...different people and some days they can't follow what I am saying. Like my mind is speaking backwards or something. There are also days where people tell me I am mumbling or they can't hear me...making them say "huh" which is an irk of mine LOL

So this is all just stress you think? It became such a problem, people were telling me to start using spell check. Now I have Firefox's automatic spell check ON!!!

....stress HA something I do believe my life is made out of. I just read today/last night that I am the Chinese sign Dragon and that my life WILL indeed by a roller coaster...dang, do we ever get a break? I get emotional sickness on this ride! LOL

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu May 10, 2007 6:36 am

lol... my husband suffers frm dyslexia:).. i never thought i did. so now i have started typing slowly and consciously to reduce the errors. a day or two is understandable but not months!

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Thu May 10, 2007 7:33 am

Make computer work in your favor, which browser do you use?
I use mozilla firefox and it underlines misspelled words as you write them.

6IncenseStix

Post by 6IncenseStix » Fri May 11, 2007 5:54 am

Yep! That's exactly what I use, Firefox 2.0 :-) I don't care to use anything else...When I find something I love, I tend to stick with it

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon May 14, 2007 12:23 am

I have the same problem.  I notice it a lot more when I get really tired.  I tend to transpose letters a lot and will write adn instead of and or hte instead of the.  Sometimes its like my mind is racing ahead but my fingers can't keep up and then we (hands and brain) get in a fluster. lol

I work with numbers and stuff all day everyday so its really important for me to get them around the right way.

Go home get some sleep! :) :smt015

kalimullah_3

Post by kalimullah_3 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:31 am

I think you are under pressure for some thing you know very well. Decrease your pressure by solving your problems one by one. I don't know what issues you are facing. Some time many thoughts come in mind at same time and create a traffic jam. Allow only one thought to come at one time.
But it is not uncommon problem. Every one faces this situation in life many time and normally solved with the passage of time.
For all the ailments under the sun
There is a remedy or there one
If there is one try to find it
If there is none never mind it
Trust in god according to your belief.
Kalimullah

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon May 14, 2007 10:10 am

thanks guys... in fact after making this post... my typos seem to be have reduced.!! i just made 2 in one sentence instead of the usual 8!

kalimullah_3

Rep:

Post by kalimullah_3 » Mon May 14, 2007 4:58 pm

Thanks for reply. Hope you will remain in touch with me. Some time I may require your suggestions.
Kalimullah

Return to “General Discussion”