Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Post by swetha » Mon May 28, 2007 11:20 am

do u have  a TV in ur bedroom? or wud u keep one?
i know its not supposed to be good.. but was just wondering how many people have one?
i have one and i feel like throwing it out of the window!!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon May 28, 2007 11:28 am

Ogh~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooooooo...LOL  :smt018
My hubsband use to have one when he had back serg...
But now it's gone...
PC is not in the bedroom anymore also...
Everything is in it's own place now.. Ha-Ha~!!  :smt020

I hear ya sis about wanting to throw it out a window or a wall... LoL  :smt003

LibB

Post by LibB » Mon May 28, 2007 12:49 pm

Negative feng shui, It creates too much electrical energy and gives disturbed sleep. Nicole is right, everything in its place. Don't throw it out the window, find a creative place for it. If it's someone else, get them an armchair. I always feel like throwing Geoff's computer out the window. I get an overpowering urge. When he doesn't work or better still when he is at home(if that's what you want to call it) he's on his computer. He complains about everything we do and spends about 5% of his time with me including his own children. enough of me that's for somewhere else.
Sounds like you need a sage smudge stick to remove negative energy. Maybe start posting feng shui notes around the house to remind you (plant seeds in the other person). Even books are not meant to be in the bedroom. but I have books in mine.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon May 28, 2007 1:42 pm

Negative. If we had a television in the bedroom my husband would only leave the room when he had to go to work. He's a highly unsociable creature.

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 pm

I don't find nothing wrong with having a television in the bedroom, if you don't want to watch it don't turn it on.

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon May 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Well, for people like me living in a small place, my non-kitchen room is my bedroom/living room/office and there is a TV in there.  And a host of other electronics.  I don't have the luxury of putting the PC in the office or the TV in the play room.  For those of us sinbgle parents on a budget in areas where housing is too expensive, a 1 bedroom apartment is the most I can afford, and my son has the bedroom (so I can send him to his room when he misbehaves, lol).

A cornucopeia of negative energy, I suspect...
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon May 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Earl-

Love the swords!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon May 28, 2007 2:32 pm

Feng shei (SP) anyone?
God bless, J

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon May 28, 2007 10:12 pm

Well I have a tv and dvd in my room. I HAVE to as the ups are more so than the downs.  I understand they are no good for waves etc.  Theres nothing better than snuggling up in bed late at night with my hubby and watching a movie or fav telly show.  I also need to have the lights on in the bedroom from the tv as I cant handle the dark....so this is where I get a litle weird...
I am afraid of bitch black I feel fear to the bones if a room is pitch black.  I have to have noise in the bedroom down real real low but it must be a mumbling of words the reason this is is that my dreams are very....productive in some areas and to actually get some rest I need to be able to shut out some noises.  The tv can block visits from well meaning ummm....spirit
If someone turns the sound off I awaken immediately!!!

I have had a tv on all night ever since I realised it keeps others quiet....hehe...now you know just how weird I am.

We have had no real downers hubby is the same as me he needs the lights of a tv flickering gently and lowly.

I dont practise feng shui and such I go by my energies and feeligns and this is what at the time helps me live day to day quite happily.  they do say a tv in the bedroom can kill the sex life.......ummm..NO...not unless you want it too!!..I have no probs there with hubby...

LibB

Post by LibB » Tue May 29, 2007 12:32 am

Hi everyone have read your posts. Feng shui is placement and so long as you receive positive vibes when you walk into a room you are ok.
I will try and focus properly for answering this one so I'll be back later. My house is a scattered mess. Not so bad now but still has alot of work to do. Clean and clear energy is needed.

By the way Earl I love your golden heart clock.

Wælwulf

Post by Wælwulf » Tue May 29, 2007 12:51 am

I do, & it probably really isn't a good idea, but (trying desperately to justify this here) I only have two rooms in my apartment, including the bedroom, living room/kitchenette. I don't ever use the living room/kitchenette unless my children are over for the weekend, then they sleep in there, but I'm never really in there much.

Of course, I only watch nerd shows (i.e. History channel, Science channel, etc.), but I don't know if that helps me any. Probably makes me a nerdy vegetable.

Probably be better without a TV at all, my brother seems to be.

I think the TV may have eaten a hole or three in my head though.

dmagbal

Post by dmagbal » Tue May 29, 2007 2:37 am

I do and it is the only TV in the house.
It did good to my family with 2 boys and 1 girl.  We have the reason to be together in one single room lots of times and it helps us bond stronger.
I have a really good relationship/communication with my wife and children simply because we get to be in the same room most of the times.  The kids dont mind.
dmagbal

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue May 29, 2007 5:03 am

aww... NAT Geo and History arent nerdy channels... i guess they are only ones that we see too! discovery and animal planet, and travel & living too!
i feel a TV takes away the little time u spend together:)

cthroughu

I do...

Post by cthroughu » Tue May 29, 2007 5:09 am

I have one in my bedroom, yet family time is family time.   The only time that I even use that tv is when I lay down at night and I become restless,  I turn the tv on and that helps me go to sleep.  That helps me, may not be for everyone, but if it works don't try to fix it!

Flame haired one

Post by Flame haired one » Tue May 29, 2007 6:02 am

NO way jose!!!  

I consider that the one peaceful place in my home.  I would probably stay up all night if I had one in there.    :smt005
It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.

Return to “General Discussion”