Do you beleive in Soul Mates?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Leslie

Post by Leslie » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:26 am

I ask this question because I do not feel we have soul mates. I feel if we searched all our lives for our soul mate...we would miss out on so many wonderful relationships. Each relationship has something special that another may not. We learn from each of these experiences good or bad. Therefore it helps us chose the right person for us. We learn what we want and do not want in a long term relationship. Then we create our soul mate. Does that make sense? Someone we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

Just a thought!  :)
Leslie

adrianna

Post by adrianna » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:48 am

In some sense you are right. But there are people out there who would beg to differ. A lot of people find themselves drawn and attracted to certain persons beyond physical beauty and pleasure with no explanation as to why. Others find that amonsgt all their relationships that there is one that they can really bring their true self to with no regret or thought and likewise the other partner. There has to be a reason for that besides phermones, i'd like to believe.

richardredhawk

The Immortal soul

Post by richardredhawk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:21 am

I like to put it this way. You are walking through the shopping mall and someone (be it adult or child and sex is not a factor) catches you eye and things, feelings, memories  or whatever you wish to call them start flooding your conscious and sub-consious mind. These things start a cascade effect that even though you never see that someone again has started you on a new journey be it short or long but never the less started something stirring inside you. This is a soul mate at its basic level. Someone here to help you remember you have a ultimate goal in this life and it must be completed. Now if that soul mate turns out to be someone you can spend your time with this is even better, but this porpularty of finding your soul mate is it being taken out of context as a species we think that the sould mate has to be someone of the opposite sex, how wrong can this be (no I am not touting same sex and I have nothing against that as well as many of my friends  enjoy that) lest we forget that there are more of the female sex ( some stats tout a 5 to 1 ratio) than the male sex on this planet at all times. Lets forget the sex thing and concentrate on our path in life and what it takes to get there and yes soul mates are there and however long they remain is something still of a mystery and this can only be answered after we leave this red road and travel to the blue one.
Well enough of the philisopical stuff hope this shed some new ??????????? and possible answers as well.

rauqs

Post by rauqs » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:25 am

I do really believe in soul mates because my grandparents do visible to my eyes very often in my journey of my life till since after their death.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:15 pm

I have a true soul mate in my life.  It is not about lover relationships, it is about soul relationships.  My soul mate is same gender and we understand each other at a deep soul level.

I know of someone who married her soul mate and lost him to death at a young age.  She remarried to another wonderful man who cared for her and loved her until her death.  She is now with her soul mate in spirit.

I agree, we can miss out on some wonderful relationships when we put too many barriers to love.

Docbrown17

Post by Docbrown17 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 pm

A soul mate: someone who you share many qualities in common with, someone you can talk to in times of need, and someone who loves you no matter what.
Those requirements are not difficult to meet if you truly care about someone, so yes, I believe in soul mates.

Leslie

It was nice to read how people feel about soul mates.

Post by Leslie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:26 am

What everyone said makes sense. I wasn't trying to change anyone to my point of view... :smt002  I was just curious how everyone felt about it. Maybe that is it, I just haven't came across anyone that I can feel completely connected with.... :)

Thank you for sharing!

Leslie

I have changed my mind about sould mates...lol

Post by Leslie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 pm

You all are right. I have just come to realize that my best friend is my soul mate.... :) I always looked at it as being a male female thing. But, now I see the LIGHT!!!!!!  :smt005

wanderingsoul50

What exactly is soul mate?

Post by wanderingsoul50 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:05 pm

What makes a sould mate? I read entries that link soul mates to special relationships between people that can not be explained.  I myself am happily married to a woman who I knew I would marry and spend the rest of my life with the moment I met her.  she did not feel the same way but after a long and healthy friendship we accelerated our relationship to a different level.  Does that mean that she is my soul mate and hers is still out there?  Can a soul mate develop or is it instantaneous?  
Also, even though I knew from the momemt I met my wife that I would be with her for the rest of this life and beyond, I still find myself asking, "what if?"  Am I a bad person for that?  Do these feelings and questions void the concept of soul mates?  We have escaped the black and white and travel in the grey......

Amethyst-Jen

Re: What exactly is soul mate?

Post by Amethyst-Jen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:14 pm

wanderingsoul50 wrote:What makes a sould mate? I read entries that link soul mates to special relationships between people that can not be explained.  I myself am happily married to a woman who I knew I would marry and spend the rest of my life with the moment I met her.  she did not feel the same way but after a long and healthy friendship we accelerated our relationship to a different level.  Does that mean that she is my soul mate and hers is still out there?  Can a soul mate develop or is it instantaneous?  
Also, even though I knew from the momemt I met my wife that I would be with her for the rest of this life and beyond, I still find myself asking, "what if?"  Am I a bad person for that?  Do these feelings and questions void the concept of soul mates?  We have escaped the black and white and travel in the grey......
It's always good to question, but your gut is telling you she is. Go with your gut.  Sometimes, some people take a little while to realize what their being told which is probably why your wife took some time to realize you were the one she was meant to be with.  In the end, go with what you feel.  Question all you want, but don't let your mind get in the way of your gut.   :smt003

Rhutobello

Re: What exactly is soul mate?

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:22 pm

wanderingsoul50 wrote:What makes a soul mate?
My simple answer is: The person or persons you yourself feel is your soul mate are those who are Yours soul mates.

No other person or definition can make anything like that for you...only You.

devoted_rane

Post by devoted_rane » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:29 pm

i believe we have soul mates. sometimes i believe we have several that we spend our reincarnated lives with. i have felt i have known several people in other lifetimes. my partner and i both feel we have been through multiple lifetimes together. my exhusband and i were in other lifetimes together. we are all here for a reason. be it soul mates or twin souls

Aiyu

Post by Aiyu » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 pm

I believe that everyone would have their own soulmate(s), it's just a matter of finding that person :) It may not necessarily be a lover though, it could even be a friend of whom you share an incredibly close bond with. My mom once told me that she thought my ex-gf was a lot like my soulmate. My current best friend who's a guy is like my soulmate too...

Nassim

Soul Mates

Post by Nassim » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:12 am

I know I have soul mates...

My friend Wes from Wisconsin...
My friend Lynne from California...
My friend Karen from Australia...

... my wife, my family parents, siblings are not my soul mates ...

...and there are many beings that have been close to me throughout the ages of time & space;
but there are the special ones who are my soul mates...
... who "mesh" with me on all levels, especially spiritually ... but also mentally & emotionally, but not usually physically.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:01 pm

I believe in soul mates but i think they come in many different forms.It may not be a partner it may come in the form of a close mate or even a family member,even a pet etc....And i dont think there is just one soul mate for one person.

Tamara :o)

Return to “General Discussion”