Has anyone else noticed?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

What part of the world are you from? (The first six options are obviously more specific)

United States
42%
United Kingdom
13%
Australia
13%
New Zealand
No votes
India
7%
Canada
8%
Asia
3%
Eastern Europe
3%
Western Europe
5%
Africa
No votes
Middle East
No votes
South America
3%
Scandinavia
2%

Total votes: 60

Angelique

Has anyone else noticed?

Post by Angelique » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:55 pm

On most psychic boards even well-known readers in general I've noticed are from England, Australia, and New Zealand. Is it in the drinking water? hehehe.. Seriously? I am wondering if maybe it has to do with magnetic fields, perhaps even numerology has a place in this depending on the longitudes and latitudes?

Hmmm.. what are your findings, opinions or theories? What part of the world are you from? Inquiring minds want to know!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:26 pm

hehehehe....I am maybe not that big a reader.....but I found that we had to have with us Scandinavia so I add it...hope you don't mind....and that I don't become a lonely wolf there :)

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am

You can add whatever your heart desires, Rhuto  :smt058

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:20 am

Maybe because they don't call them readers in other parts of the wolrd, and because maybe some aspects of what are called psychic are considered to be normal among other belief systems?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 pm

Perhaps other countries just haven't found the site yet?

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:49 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote:Maybe because they don't call them readers in other parts of the wolrd, and because maybe some aspects of what are called psychic are considered to be normal among other belief systems?
Perhaps "reader" was a poor choice of wording on my part. But what I meant was psychics and then readers of astrology, numerology, tarot, etc..  It was more a generality rather than going through the entire list of variables and specifics. I should have been more clear on what I meant.

But still, I have noticed advertisements, news makers, word of mouth and in addition to the web that a lot are from the countries I listed earlier. It's rare that you hear about someone credible or 'all that' in the USA. That's not to say we don't have any, one lives a few blocks away from me, but the bottom line is I have found most are from the UK, Australia and New Zealand.

And you are right, there are a lot of cultures who consider it to be quite normal and a part of every day life.
spiritalk wrote:Perhaps other countries just haven't found the site yet?
::grins:: Again, I should have been more clear on what I wrote. It wasn't just about websites.. but a generality. You hear so much about certain people with specific talents and I have noticed a lot of them aren't from the USA, but from those specific countries... mainly the UK.

And if they haven't heard about THIS website, then they will.. haha.. it's the best one I've found and everyone has to agree with me!!! ::chuckles:: Kidding of course... nobody has to agree with me, but I like it here.. it's a good group of people with interesting perspective and a lot of talent.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:25 pm

I just think it's a societal thing and the propaganda machine (ie the news and popular media). As for the US having less, we like to look to the UK to see if it will work first. For some odd reason we can't try out original ideas anymore.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:06 pm

sidewalk_bends wrote: For some odd reason we can't try out original ideas anymore.
I think the world has run out of original ideas. ::chuckles:: Every once in a while something original pops up then and again and "wows" everyone.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:48 am

I would say access to internet and language problem are a big cause of problem..... there are a lot of psichics in brazil, most donno english or have access to computer, i belive that not only in brazil but in fact in a lot other countries too, you see the major countries there are all english speakers hardly the number of different languages would be found an english website, language is a barrier for sure :)
Ps there are psichics everywhere but in some cultures, somes have to hide for protection.

Lights and Criteria!
MarcoAZS

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:00 pm

MarcoAZS wrote:I would say access to internet and language problem are a big cause of problem..... there are a lot of psichics in brazil, most donno english or have access to computer, i belive that not only in brazil but in fact in a lot other countries too, you see the major countries there are all english speakers hardly the number of different languages would be found an english website, language is a barrier for sure :)
Ps there are psichics everywhere but in some cultures, somes have to hide for protection.

Lights and Criteria!
MarcoAZS
Hi Marcos, good to see you posting :)

You're right and perhaps that is anther factor we can toss in is language such as English speaking countries would not generally publicize Haitian, German, Spanish, etc..  speaking psychics or readers because of the possible language barriers or distance in general. Just as someone in Russia may never hear of Sylvia Browne, John Edward, Lucy Hale or anyone else's publicized talent.

I also never thought of those cultures who hide it because their religious beliefs and the repercussions that they may incur should they practice publicly.

Great feedback! Thank you.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:33 pm

Perhaps it's because we speak English as a 1 st language?
Seems obvious to me, if you went to a  Spanish or Japanese board they would all be from those countries.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:Perhaps it's because we speak English as a 1 st language?
Seems obvious to me, if you went to a  Spanish or Japanese board they would all be from those countries.
Yep. That's what Marcos was saying as well...

How are you feeling anyway? I hope well.

bebixpink

Post by bebixpink » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:14 am

united states =]

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:24 am

I'm feeling fine now Angelique, thank you for asking.

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:14 am

I am Canadian! Only two others though. A lot of people in my family, my mom for example, are interested in this stuff as well. They just don't read about it or go on the internet. But it comes up during family discussions.

Return to “General Discussion”