We create our own reality

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

unlimited potential

We create our own reality

Post by unlimited potential » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 am

I have difficulty understanding the concept that we create our own reality. It would seem to me that if others exist and they have free will they also create they own realities. Yet when I go to the coffee shop and other people are there it would seem that there exist a reality consistent with what is there. For example, 10 customers, five tables, etc.

Someone got some insights into this?

Robert

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Thoughts are things.  But like all seeds we plant, it takes a season to manifest the reality.  Is it as simple as saying 'I want' and it happening?  Not in my experience!  But when we nurture our thoughts and fertilize them with adversity, they do tend to manifest.

Life is all about energies - yours, mine, everyones.  So yes, there is some working with the energies that needs to take place.  It would seem that we can simplify the message and not get the job done.  Yes, you can create your reality - within the limits of life's happenings.

Fate7523

Post by Fate7523 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:02 am

Will negative thoughts effect the reality that we *wish* we could have? Even if it's only a thought, not an action, will it effect our desired reality?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:47 pm

That is the whole problem Fayte, we put out a wish, then what do we do?  We start to put all the fears of what can go wrong into our mind...instead of concentrating on the outcome of good.  Of course, our fears are our own worst enemy in manifesting our wishes.

The law of attraction DVD gave 3 steps:  Ask - this is when we set our wishes.  
Listen - there is a still, small, voice within that tells us steps to accomplishment - if we but listen.
Accept - (this is where fears set in) accept that we are a wonderful child of God and worthy of all good in life.

God bless, J

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:15 pm

We see the life around us true the eyes of our ego, this is at the same time colored by our state of mind....our education and understanding of what we are looking at.

Let us take some simple examples.

You see a airplane....you know what it is able to do..you evaluate it as such.
A native are shown the same thing...he has no knowledge...but since it can fly...he evaluate it up against "Big Bird" or a "God" since that is those things he know can fly.

You arrive to a quarrel 2 minutes before the fight...then the fight start.....you evaluate the situation out from what happen those 2 minutes.
The real situation might have developed true years and have colors you never will know.

You look at a dollar bill and see the value

You show it to one that don't use that kind....he looks at the picture and the creation work.

You are in a lousy mood and your friend tells you something that should be funny.....you only see the stupid in it
You are in good mood and your friend tells you the same thing....you laugh like you never have before.

We can go on and on....but this show that our Reality don't need to be the real reality for other persons.

dh_madhu

Post by dh_madhu » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:29 am

Well, let me throw some light on what "creating your own reality" means.
A few years back, when I was almost pushed to the wall, I had no other means to come out of the ordeal that I had in front of me. Not knowing what to do, I sub-consciously started praying god to the extent that I became feverish. I started visualizing scenes that would bring in solace to all my owes. I gave definite time lines to my goals and waited for them to happen. you know! Everything happened exactly as I had visualized and I came out of my stressful days as if nothing had happened.
When I said I created my reality, it meant all those institutions, people and other forces which came together to make it happen.
Why? even the words that people spoke to me at that time were the results of my manifestations. I made them deliver it back to me.
What more proof does one need?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Reality is a seriously deep subject, reams of words have been written trying to analyse it.
This is as simple as I can explain, others may well be far better than me.
You have 'things' you do/say and in doing/saying them you interact with other people, how they interprit them depends on their reality.
Here's an example that happened to me.
I was staying with my daughter in Munich, we had been out for the evening to a beer keller, it was late, the trams had stopped and we were walking home.
As we went through a dark set of streets with warehouses towering on either side I heard foosteps running behind us.
The triggers switched on, I turned ready to face what I assumed was a mugger.
My daughter grabbed my hand and pulled me back round,"What do you think you are doing Dad? Stop embarrasing me, this is Germany, nobody fights here, we're safe now calm down and let's get home."
My reality was based on my life experience, it's dark,late, there is no-one about, ergo it's not safe.
Her reality was I'm safe, this is safe country to live in, violence rarely happens relax.
I know that is a simple explanation but that is one incident looked at from 2 very differing realities.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:22 pm

Dad was gettin ready to open a can of whoop a$$. hahaha.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm

Perspective is everything.  A story....

Some years ago my family was going on a vacation - the 3 oldest were left home to go to work.  My mom in her usual intuitive fashion got one of her 'panic attacks'.  I don't want to go - let's stay home.  The car was packed and dad couldn't abide 'this nonsense' so off they went.  

In the end they drove hundreds of miles from home - an 18 hour run in one go.  It was beautiful country and I got to visit eventually.

On the 3rd day my uncle called to tell us dad wasn't well - he was in hospital.  It turned out he got chest pains while pitching the tent and was put in hospital.  They cautioned he could drive home - all the way in one go - or stay overnight for observation.  Thank goodness they chose the latter option.  He had a massive heart attack in a place equipped to save his life with oxygen and medical attention.

Mom always felt they shouldn't have gone and dad did concede he would listen to her panic attacks from now on.  But consider.....

If they had stayed home, the chest pains may have happened too quickly to get medical attention and he could have died.  The fact he was in hospital when it happened may have saved his life.  At any rate we had him for 16 more years before his heart gave out.

Sometimes negative/positive, reality/fiction is not as clear cut as we think.

Magickal Wind

Post by Magickal Wind » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:38 pm

How do you keep someone's negativity energy, i.e. someone close to you (my spouse), from thwarting what I hope to manifest?  I have tried to visualize a happier marriage free of his temper, but whenever he yells or name calls or gives me the silent treatment I slip back into thinking that maybe this just isn't going to happen.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:24 pm

AH!  We can only manifest for SELF!  Trying to make his temper different is trying to change another person.  See?  

What we can do when manifesting is put a bubble of love all around the person - that gives them another energy to work with - and it will protect the sender and the receiver from any negativity.  Try a bubble for each of you each morning and see if it doesn't help!

Protection Bubble:  I see it as a bubble like one blown from a child's soap bubble pipe - complete with the rainbow patch (rainbows are magical/mystical symbols of connection, communication, bridges, complete with the pot of gold (prosperity) at the end) It is a filter of negativity from within or without - as we think negative it is sent out filtered - as we receive from without all negativity is filtered.

Killing_Smile

Post by Killing_Smile » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:04 pm

Magickal Wind wrote:How do you keep someone's negativity energy, i.e. someone close to you (my spouse), from thwarting what I hope to manifest?  I have tried to visualize a happier marriage free of his temper, but whenever he yells or name calls or gives me the silent treatment I slip back into thinking that maybe this just isn't going to happen.
You have the choice of how you will let your husbands thoughts, actions and words affect you. you can either become upset and withdraw, or you can choose to understand that like you and all of us he is an imperfect being. His perceptions are his perceptions. They do not have to be your perceptions or beliefs.

jodimarie

Re: We create our own reality

Post by jodimarie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:24 am

unlimited potential wrote:I have difficulty understanding the concept that we create our own reality. It would seem to me that if others exist and they have free will they also create they own realities. Yet when I go to the coffee shop and other people are there it would seem that there exist a reality consistent with what is there. For example, 10 customers, five tables, etc.

Someone got some insights into this?

Robert
Creating ones own reality simply has to do with perception on the things that go on around you- nothing more. We all react differently to things in our lives, and thats what people mean when they say you create your own reality.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:56 pm

Human beings are a part of nature.  How does nature work?  A seed is sown in fertile soil, it is nourished and fed, watered and fertilized and over the course of time it blossoms in its time.

Human thoughts are the seeds sown in the fertile ground of our lives.  We nourish them with our actions towards our goals.  We water them with our tears of joy and pain.  We fertilize with the sh..... that happens in our lives - after all fertilizer in another form is crap and we all have that in our lives.  

Let life unfold!  Unfortunately we are in such a rush for all our dreams and goals to manifest, we do not give them time to mature into blossom.  We often go off half cocked to fulfill what we think is our own best good.  Relax, let life unfold!

That, to me, is creation of our own reality.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:53 am

We get sold on a reality when we are born. Go along just fine then at some point in time maybe 30 years or so you look around and say,"Wait a minute something isn't quite right." Then you spend the rest of your life trying to wake up from the bill of goods society sold you.

Films on the topic of trying to wake up: Truman Story, Waking Life, Pleasantville, Vanilla Sky, Existenz, Equillibrium, Dark City, 13th Floor and let us NOT forget The Matrix.   :smt066

Return to “General Discussion”