Sexuality

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vircanaq_88

Sexuality

Post by Vircanaq_88 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:40 pm

I was wondering, does anyody here  balive that each time you slep with a person you take a part of them with you. Like their ways or what not?  Any body ever heard of this?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:55 pm

You might be speaking about some groups that believe in the ultimate powers of the spirit.  There were some that believed a photograph would take away the soul.

Psychic Chef

sleep

Post by Psychic Chef » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Hey i would be so lucky just to sleep with some one :smt005

djberg98

Post by djberg98 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm

I was taught in health class that when you sleep with someone, you sleep with every person they slept with before you.  If this were true, I'd be in trouble considering a few of my ex-boyfriends. lol  I've never heard of what your saying though.  That's an interesting concept though.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:09 pm

I think it is a very deep, emotional bonding experience so that might be why the act makes you feel very close to somebody (like you have "part of their soul" with you). But in some cases, where it is relief or fun rather than emotional involvement, this wouldn't apply, because there are different types of sexual experiences.

djberg98

Post by djberg98 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:22 pm

That makes a lot of sense Starryskies, and explains a few things to me.  Explains some really big issues.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't think that sex is different for men and women (like some people say) and want to say again that there are different kinds of experiences. When it is just a bit of fun, that's all it is. When you are very close to somebody, a sexual experience is a perfect way of both enjoying yourself and "connecting" physically, emotionally and mentally. It takes two people to have sex.

You don't "sleep with everyone they have slept with" because you never met those people (OK if one of them had a nasty STD that might be different if you suddenly get a rash or something!!) but sex is about connection. Having sex with a loved one is one of the most (perhaps the most) intimate thing you can do and you are, in a way, revealing your soul, by being 100% relaxed and comfortable with one another's bodies.

For me personally, sex is an act to share with a loved one rather than an act to "scratch an itch" as it were. I mean, sex is a natural thing and different for everyone. Sometimes it is to procreate, other times to enjoy, but in the past I have become emotionally involved (to be heartbroken after) after seeing sex as a loving thing and the man seeing it as a "bit of fun". I guess we all learn ;-)

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:54 pm

Given that you are what you eat?????????
Exchanging body fluids does mean that your body will break then down and use them.
Given that it takes about 7 years for ALL the cells in your body to regenerate then I would assume they are there (in some form) for 7 years!
Maybe that's why it sometimes a long time to get over someone, they don't completely your mind until thier 'essence' has regenerated?

atharva_sharma2004

Post by atharva_sharma2004 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:49 pm

sleeping with someone ......is just sleepin afterall

Bastard

You can . . . but many don't.

Post by Bastard » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 pm

You can take a part of them with you . . . but you don't have to.
It depends whether you cherish them, care for them, take them into your heart; and how much.

That is more than just "sleeping" with someone, or "making" love.

anandanworld

new to me

Post by anandanworld » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:21 am

This is really new to me. I never heard anything like this. and also believe that it is not possible

seadrenea

Bonding

Post by seadrenea » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Be it physical attraction, love at first sight, or just a way to pass time.........
any time you "connect" with someone, (even in anger) there is an exchange. You absorb a "piece" of them as they do you.

If the bond is strong you may hold this piece for a long time, maybe all your life. When your soul is ready to depart it attracts the pieces you gave out throughout life and calls them to you.

Many times you have heard that someone on their death bed was conversing with an old army buddy or college friend, well that is the soul calling out to those you bonded with. I truely do not believe these are hallucinations.

So keep this in mind for future reference. And be picky about who you "bond" with!

glampunkbarbiedoll

Post by glampunkbarbiedoll » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:37 am

yes I do believe this. I have experienced it.

Return to “General Discussion”