Body Language

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Flemm

Body Language

Post by Flemm » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:46 am

I have read a book about body language and i can honestly say it opened my eyes to seeing and understanding what people do. People say that the eye is the window to the soul, but by understanding what the body is saying you will have more than one view to the soul. You will know what and how the person is thinking and is feeling.

Anywas If anyone is interested in Body Language we can all help eachother know more and find more info on the bed or book. two minds is better than one.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:57 am

If ayone is interested, I have reams of stuff, send me a p.m. with your email address and I'll gladly pass on the books - you do need Adobe reader or similar to read them.

dagadeeg

this is new to me

Post by dagadeeg » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:14 pm

hi...
I read about body language, but not very much , i admit,
but i think that knowing this language is very helpfull to understand people, really understand them even if they hide things from u, u'll be able to discover it... or atleast part of the truth will be reveiled.
i'm so interested in knowing about that topic..
so.... help

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 pm

People assume body language or non verbal communication (nvc) is some arcane art known only to a secret few,whilst it may be true that explaining why a posture means this or that may only be known to those in the know, we all know what the posture means.
Something like 55% of our understanding in person to person situations comes from nvc but we do this without conscious thought.
In any situation - trust your instincts, if you feel someone is lying - then they probably are, you don't need to know that they will cover/obstruct/ rub that area around their mouth, we are first and foremost animals and all animals read nvc virtually from birth.

sladoled77

Post by sladoled77 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:37 pm

here is my email please send me a book i would like to reed::)

dagadeeg

Post by dagadeeg » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:39 am

hello Prof. Akers
yes i agree that we should trust our instinct... but if we are bad judges of characters ..... understand people acts in a wrong way...
i think that learning body language then helps
am i right??

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:55 am

Now that is an interesting point daqadeeq, I'd never considered that people who say they are ad judges of character may not be adept at reading body language.
Do you know I think you might have something there.
So in that case if you know you are a bad judge read a book on body language but is this going to be like car driving - no one admits they are a bad/poor car driver.
More thought needed.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Body language is very much about the physical body (which can include emotions).  Looking deeper into a person can also uncover the spirit.  Dealing only with the physical may overlook something important from the spirit?

hitismek

Post by hitismek » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Lol... OmG! I love the topic of body language! but found too that its not good to take it too seriously either.... I found out in the height of my interest that rather then taking ppl at face value that i would 'read' them first.... It was crazy making and took some time to unlearn a bit to make my day to day life more normal...

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:03 pm

I am kind of the opposite.  I don't read everyone I meet.  I trust people at face value...until they show other colours.  Its a lot more fun to meet many people and trust their own goodness than meet many people and look for their shortcomings (we all have them).

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Spiritalk - that's the point about body language, we all read people all the time, we can't chose to read what their bodies tell or not - we just do it, intuitively.

DragonKnight

Post by DragonKnight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 am

intellegence and practicallity

Return to “General Discussion”