How can I "unblock" memories from childhood?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

seekerofangels

How can I "unblock" memories from childhood?

Post by seekerofangels » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:11 am

I am so anxious start participating on this Board but with the guidance and suggestions from some of the amazing people here, I know what I need to do first.  I just need some helpful hints and suggestions about how to accomplish that.

I cannot remember anything from my childhood and I also have a hard time remembering lots and lots up to now.  It has been suggested that I might have blocked something.  I feel the same way and have for a long time.  I just need your help in finding a way to "unblock" so I can remember and move on!

Do you have any suggestions for me?  I want to know.  I want to remember things.  It doesn't feel good to not be able to remember.

Thank you so much!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:22 pm

All personal development can begin with Meditation.  (Read up on the notes at Mediumship Development)  Meditation has many purposes and can work to calm the body, to get in touch with the spirit.  It uses our mind and keeps us balanced in body, mind, spirit.  

There is also a topic called Tools of our own Consciousness.  These are a good read to get in touch with self.  As you begin your rituals for the day, keep a positive mind through affirmation.  Then repeat during the stresses of day to keep you balanced.  

Finding a good hands-on teach (meditation circle) will help to unfold the spirit and get in touch with spirituality.

stan

Re: How can I "unblock" memories from childhood?

Post by stan » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:25 pm

seekerofangels wrote:I am so anxious start participating on this Board but with the guidance and suggestions from some of the amazing people here, I know what I need to do first.  I just need some helpful hints and suggestions about how to accomplish that.

I cannot remember anything from my childhood and I also have a hard time remembering lots and lots up to now.  It has been suggested that I might have blocked something.  I feel the same way and have for a long time.  I just need your help in finding a way to "unblock" so I can remember and move on!

Do you have any suggestions for me?  I want to know.  I want to remember things.  It doesn't feel good to not be able to remember.

Thank you so much!
I feel that Spirit-Talk has given you wise counsel. You may ask yourself some questions that may help you to remember. For example lets assume I am a people pleaser at this point in my life. Why? Maybe, as a child it seemed one of my parents who I loved I could never please, or I could never receive love unless I pleased them and this carried over. Below that level of pleasing may be another level,  like how did that make me feel? Did I really feel loved and didn't and blocked those dreadful feelings? Many questions but I pray you will find closure. Peace and love

seekerofangels

Post by seekerofangels » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Thank you both!  Really great advice.

Asking myself some questions really makes good sense.  Your example question is a good one for me to answer.  I just went out and picked up a journal so I could start recording all of this.

I am so grateful for all the help I've received here and I really appreciate all of you.

Brenda Russell

Post by Brenda Russell » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:01 am

Hi there,  Wise words from both Spiritalk and Stan. However if you still find it difficult to access your memory on your own, perhaps you might like to try Hypnotherapy. Really wonderful results have been achieved through this type of treatment.

Light and love

Brenda

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:43 am

Have you considered hypnosis? It just my be the thing to unblock those locked up memories.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Getting professional help for what will surface is very important.  A do-it-yourself approach can leave you a bit scattered instead of helped.  Know who to trust and get a progressional for professional concerns.
Last edited by spiritalk on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluebell10

memory

Post by bluebell10 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 am

i am in a similar boat , and want to know also
its said the childhood memory is affected by the 3rd eye gland
which shrinks around puberty and becomes inactive
children said to loose their imagination at this age
lots of meditation techniques are said to try and re-activate the 3rd eye gland
some years ago regression was popular
now its said to provide false memory and is not recomended therapy
this has left me in a quandry
maybe you also
its said negetive things shut up in a box can cause disease etc(pandora's box?)
its said its best to leave sleeping dogs alone
therapy can make one worse
but if its doing damage, maybe
what is a safe effective way?
neurolingal therapy i found too strong
or i doubted i could cope
one reason i joined this group, is to explore.
yoga nidra perhaps

bluebell10

memory

Post by bluebell10 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 am

i am in a similar boat , and want to know also
its said the childhood memory is affected by the 3rd eye gland
which shrinks around puberty and becomes inactive
children said to loose their imagination at this age
lots of meditation techniques are said to try and re-activate the 3rd eye gland
some years ago regression was popular
now its said to provide false memory and is not recomended therapy
this has left me in a quandry
maybe you also
its said negetive things shut up in a box can cause disease etc(pandora's box?)
its said its best to leave sleeping dogs alone
therapy can make one worse
but if its doing damage, maybe
what is a safe effective way?
neurolingal therapy i found too strong
or i doubted i could cope
one reason i joined this group, is to explore.
yoga nidra perhaps

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Seek professional help for what is psychological.  Seek spiritual help for what is spirit.  (Sometimes they are closely related - and finding a Professional with spirituality is excellent).

stan

Post by stan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:17 pm

I think a healthy outdoor life is one of the best aids in remembering. For every memory we may have of indoor life we have two that we remember of outdoor life. It seems that education plays a part in remembering as well in that we train our minds to remember. lol

Return to “General Discussion”