What women want men to know

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

stan

What women want men to know

Post by stan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:02 am

Through the years I have heard one common phrase made by women and that is telling the man that he does not understand her. I've wondered a number of times whats really being said here, if anything at all. Is it said because the man believes he needs to always have an answer and she is trying to say, wake up? I'm sure there are many answers that I have not considered, and I would really like like to hear your answers,as I'm sure it will be enlightening to many men and even other women. Share your heart.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:23 am

I have found that many women,including me expect men to know us.Maybe thats not really communicating very well.If you dont say what you mean,well they cant read minds.

So i know when i say,you dont understand me i probably mean...Get with the program,i expect you to know a little more about me,open your eyes.But men dont understand women and women dont understand men.I like it that way,we confuse eachother,makes life more fun.

Tamara :o)

Psychic Chef

Thats dangerous

Post by Psychic Chef » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 am

Well the hardest question in the universe after that other impossible question "Does this make me look fat" :smt017 .
I found after 20 years working with hundreds of women in the hospital that listening and remembering the importance of the information gained is a must, compromise is absoute, reward is manatory, foreplay is doing the dishes, housework and letting the wife sleep in while you took the kids to school, finished the housework and then headed to work :smt007 .
Its knowing what colour are there eyes, favorate song, movie, dress, chocolate, wine etc :smt008 .
Who p*sses them off and when :smt013 .
And finally when to be the man or the confidant or the mouse.
Im blessed as my wife is my soulmate who i have been with for 5 generations ( no wonder im tired just kiddn :smt005 ).
I dont think that it makes me any closer to understanding her or any woman completely. Thats not for us remote carrying knuckle dragging aussie males :smt003 .
 Cheers Pete

Ani

Post by Ani » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:38 am

well, probably it`s because sometimes we, women want men to feel our emotions without actually having to say anything, to guess our mood, guess what we want by our body gestures or by the expression of our eyes... I`ve heard it quite a lot of times "if you want something, then just say it!" but I dont always want to say everything out loud, sometimes I want to be understood without words! hope you understand what I mean :smt017  :smt060

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Woman want men to be sensitive - then they call them a wimp.
Woman want men to understand them - then they say they are insensitive to their every thought.
Woman want men to be emotional - then they call them a wimp.
Woman want to rant - men want to find solutions to every word.

It is a time of ultimate change in both genders - how it is handled now may take us into the next 100 years a lot more enlightened - be sure to be open and share.

stan

Post by stan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:25 am

Ladies, I get the impression that the man your seeking is mystical in nature and when he looks at you, you know he is seeing your heart and he is very passionate about you and romantic. And when he tells you how much you mean to him, he does so-without without a spoken word and you know it's okay to be totally, totally vulnerable because you know you are finally home. Is it that kind of spirit?

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:56 am

Oh well done Stan........That is exactly what we long for.

stan

Post by stan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:38 am

That may be part of the problem because he doesn't exist.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:41 am

stan wrote:That may be part of the problem because he doesn't exist.
lol, what a way to slam the door.  :smt002

stan

Post by stan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:04 am

sidewalk_bends wrote:
stan wrote:That may be part of the problem because he doesn't exist.
lol, what a way to slam the door.  :smt002
Reality does that Side-Walk. It also leads us to a better door.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:56 am

How do you know he doesnt exist?

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:18 am

Hmmmm Well I can tell you all a few things about me... and what I thought I wanted in a man... until I had it....

I was like every other girl out there, and I wanted Prince Charming. The guy who worshiped the ground I walked on, and always thought of everything I wanted just before I did and all that other stuff too!!

Okay now the guys are gonna swear I am lying now, but I found a guy like that... He made me feel like a goddess and he was 'perfect' in EVERY way!! Well it went well for about a year and then I got bored. We never fought, he always saw my side in everything, we always did what ever I wanted to do, and I never had to do anything I didn't want to... I was spoiled and pampered and board out of my mind!! But it made me realize that I want a Real man... not some fairy tale... I want (and Have) a man that I can get mad at, and who gets mad at me when I do something wrong. Who isn't afraid of me getting upset, or to see me cry... when I am being sensitive, but who also isn't afraid to hold me even though we are arguing... I wanted a man that I could see helping me to cook dinner and wash the dishes... not do it for me, but who could also be okay when I want to serve him his dinner... I wanted someone who would tell me when I am being silly or stupid and know that even though he could say things that weren't nice, that he still loves me, for being those things...

Yet, again, THIS guy does exist!! For those of you who know me it's D... and He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me...

We don't have the perfect relationship, but it's a really good one... anyways that is my contribution...

Nyte

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:48 am

Its all about finding your perfect match,want you want in a person.....I wouldnt want a fairy tale either....All i want is a happy ending.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:13 pm

soul_flower wrote:Its all about finding your perfect match,want you want in a person.....I wouldnt want a fairy tale either....All i want is a happy ending.
And like Nyte said:  Its absolute heaven when you have it!  I know too!  Hubby #2 is that to me!

I was married to the perfect man - he thought so, all our friends thought so, my family in particular thought so - why couldn't I think so?  Even when I left him others said he is so perfect - my response was - have  you ever lived with perfection?  

Nyte may understand that - when everything is right and perfect, where is the growth and interaction to Learn about each other and life?

Perfect is when he is perfect for the one he is with!  And then neither gender would have to worry about perfection - they will have found it!

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:18 am

Thats what i mean,perfect for person you are truly happy with.

My ex was also like that,was a little to perfect.And so after 4 years we are now bored and we dont suit eachother anymore,plus he hurt me,probably due to bordem.And even now my family and everyone i know tells me why did we split,we were "perfect" for eachother.

I understand what is being said......But when i said the perfect man i just meant the perfect man to me and i dont mean perfection,its to clean cut for me.

Return to “General Discussion”