How do you stay positive

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sweetykat

How do you stay positive

Post by sweetykat » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 am

I  have  found  that  when i am around  alot of  negative  people  it  brings me  down  too,  wherfe i used to  work, my  desk  was  right  beside  one  of  the  most  negative  people  in the  whole  place, and i found  that  it  really  brought me  down  too,  but  as  i think about i t  the  whole  place  was  negative,  not to  mention  our  office  was in a  basemant  and  we  had  little  cubicles, and  the  carpet and  walls  were  moldy.  ok  enough, anyway i have  family  members  that  are  always  looking at the  negative  side  of  things.  "oh  this  will  never  happen" or   we  will never  be happy"  NOT  WITH  THAT  ATTITUDE!!!   so how do you stay  positive  in such a  negative  world?   i  try  hard  and  most of the  time  i can  but when i get  aroun d all that  it's  hard
sweetykat

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:10 am

I so agree with you, it is very hard to stay positive in a negative milieu and I think you have 2 options.....leave or fight.

To leave family and work might be a bit hard, so maybe fight is the better thing to do :)

The best way I think you can do it is to use "black humor", try to turn the negative attitude back against them with a twist that might bring forward a smile.

Let us take that statement  "oh this will never happen", give the answer "No of course not, not for You, but if I put my mind to it, it might happen for me"

You achieve 2 thing with such a statement, You give the "negative person" a confirmation that nothing good will happen to him/her, but that you will try to let it happen for you.

When such a person have received enough of such answers, he/she will know that these answers have no impact on you, maybe just put your determinations higher, and he/she will stop answering like this....or start trying to change him/herself.

To just live in a negative milieu will consume you, it will be a normal way of thinking, and positive people around you will vanish because the negative attitude will burn their energies.
By fighting this with positive thoughts, you yourself will be more aware of the problem, you might build up a "net" of positive people around you, that gives you energies to stay on fighting.

If the work situation is so bad as you tell, then I would start looking for a change,
It is many times easier to change work then family, and if a milieu on a "office" has been allowed to be transform into a negative attitude, then the management have done a lousy job, and a change of firm might be in order.

It is only one person who are important here...You...If you manage to meet people with a positive approach, then slowly you will transform other into the same....hopefully you will find the strength to do so.....and know that even the most positive person have "downtimes", just try to make them as short as possible. :)

Good luck!

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:19 pm

Learn some real and effective protection exercises.  They come out of the mental faculties on a spirit level.  When used regularly and with ritual effect, they work to keep you balanced in body, mind, spirit without the usual interference of all those energies (emotional, mental, spirit) that fly in our lives.
God bless, J

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Turn the negative into positive.
i had been with friends with the negative attitude and i used to get mad listening to them.
then later whatever negative things they say i either ignore and be in my happy world or give them an opposite statement of what they had said.
sometimes i see people complaining about life i say to myself 'Thank God i am different from them. i don't complain.Complaining is so boring".

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:20 am

Well, my mother is pretty negative and I know some people pretty negative too.
They piss me a lot, how they cannot see anything from a bright side?
What I usually do when I'm with someone negative, is turn him/her into the positive side... I say what I think, some agree with me, some not, but I don't bother too much with ones who keep being negative...because they really suck our energy with all their commentaries.

So, if you cannot convince them, try to ignore their commentaries because they also don't make sense sometimes.

sweetykat

Post by sweetykat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:03 am

Rhutobello wrote:I so agree with you, it is very hard to stay positive in a negative milieu and I think you have 2 options.....leave or fight.

To leave family and work might be a bit hard, so maybe fight is the better thing to do :)

The best way I think you can do it is to use "black humor", try to turn the negative attitude back against them with a twist that might bring forward a smile.

Let us take that statement  "oh this will never happen", give the answer "No of course not, not for You, but if I put my mind to it, it might happen for me"

You achieve 2 thing with such a statement, You give the "negative person" a confirmation that nothing good will happen to him/her, but that you will try to let it happen for you.

When such a person have received enough of such answers, he/she will know that these answers have no impact on you, maybe just put your determinations higher, and he/she will stop answering like this....or start trying to change him/herself.

To just live in a negative milieu will consume you, it will be a normal way of thinking, and positive people around you will vanish because the negative attitude will burn their energies.
By fighting this with positive thoughts, you yourself will be more aware of the problem, you might build up a "net" of positive people around you, that gives you energies to stay on fighting.

If the work situation is so bad as you tell, then I would start looking for a change,
It is many times easier to change work then family, and if a milieu on a "office" has been allowed to be transform into a negative attitude, then the management have done a lousy job, and a change of firm might be in order.

It is only one person who are important here...You...If you manage to meet people with a positive approach, then slowly you will transform other into the same....hopefully you will find the strength to do so.....and know that even the most positive person have "downtimes", just try to make them as short as possible. :)

Good luck!
Well i left that  job  last  februarey  actually i  changed  states  entirely,  it was  time  to  move  back  home. i  felt like i  was drowning  there, yeah i have  family  there still  an  i love them  but i did  what  was best  for me, i am  very  happy  that i made this  move, it  was  a  hard decision  to make  but i made it,    yeah  the  whole  office  was  negative  i did  tell the  manager that  i couldnt'  deal  with the  negativity, i think  some of it  bleed over into my personal  life.  i am  happier  now.  70  people  in  that  office  and  no one  was  happy. ugh
sweetykat

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:13 am

Glad to hear you finally got rid of all the negative environment. It gets much harder when all you see everyday are unhappy people. We usually get to meet a bit of each to compensate.

I also have some negative people in my family, but we have always used a good sense of humor to turn the tables on them and make them laugh in the end. I even use it on myself, when I hear myself complaining, whyning or saying harsh words. It helps diffuse the tension that might have built up around us. ;D
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:52 pm

No matter who is outside yourself, it is what that is inside that creates your personal negativity.  The way to cure negativity is to have a ritual each and every day of visualization, meditation, affirmation that works to keep the mind active and positive and the body and spirit will follow.  It works amazingly well!
God bless, J

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:38 pm

Good to know that you are better and happy now sweetykat! Keep the brighty thoughts! :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:58 pm

I always try to find the positive in the negative:)) and it works..
by the way Patt I like your avatar:))

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:49 pm

swetha wrote:I always try to find the positive in the negative:)) and it works..
by the way Patt I like your avatar:))
Exactly, I also do that and really works =).

And thanks lol, by the way your avatar is pretty cute! Lions are cute specially when they are babies =)).
When I get logical, and I don't trust my instincts...that's when I get in trouble.

Lacky80

Post by Lacky80 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:23 am

'The Secret' is a good book which addresses your concern. In fact it does a fantastic job of helping you achive all that you want.

Check this site: www.thesecret.tv

Cheers
Life is a stranger. You cant make it your friend till you move a step towards it.... Lacky

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:36 am

_Patt_ wrote:[
And thanks lol, by the way your avatar is pretty cute! Lions are cute specially when they are babies =)).
in fact at some point of time I wanted to become a vet for baby cubs:)
I know it isn't easy to stay positive if u are in a negative environment.. u just need to ignore the no's and look at the yes's :smt003

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Think on everything on a life experience. When something sad happens to me (like just 90% of the time), well I stay some hours or days or weeks sad LOL but then I start thinking, this life is not forever, but the experiences are, so I try to take what is best from that, try to learn from the bad things that happen with you, and if it is somethng completely bad, if you learn from it, it won't happen again, like the buddhist wheel, if you do a mistake and don't learn from it, it will come back for you and you will keep mistaking (I think it is sansara weel or something). So my best advice is learn from the situation, it will do you good :)
Even the bad people around us, can be an experience :)

BTW Swetha, I think south africa have an international program that take normal people to take care of lion puppets (of course they will teach you how to) I think they take people from all the world, if you want I can have a look on that for you.

Lights and Positive!
MarcoAZochS
do you even hear me? Or right now it just got impossible for you? Do you even try? Think on yourself for a while

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:08 pm

swetha wrote:
_Patt_ wrote:[
in fact at some point of time I wanted to become a vet for baby cubs:)
I know it isn't easy to stay positive if u are in a negative environment.. u just need to ignore the no's and look at the yes's :smt003

aww swetha, that's sweet! I also thought about that, but then I realized that I couldn't handle very well seeing them in pain or something, I'm very sensitive with animals lol.

And it's exactly that, ignoring the no's, pretending they don't even exist! It works at least with me. :)
When I get logical, and I don't trust my instincts...that's when I get in trouble.

Return to “General Discussion”