Remedy for Stiff Neck??

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Remedy for Stiff Neck??

Post by swetha » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:19 am

hi guys,
this seems to be a perennial problem with me! and the pain is killing!
any suggestions to prevent it? or cure it :smt003
i get it at regular intervals...
any kind of remedy will do:)

Pravin Kumar

Stiffness of Neck

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:11 am

Swetaji,

Stiffness of Neck maybe due to your using the Pillow not matching your neck. First stiffness is caused by poor blood circulation as proper amount of oxygen does not reach that place and this could be due to the Pillow you are using. Just put a folded towel below your neck while sleeping instead of taking the pillow so that you do not get pain. You have to get the neck massaged by Oil and then blood will start circulating properly. Then the pain will be gone.

Pravin Kumar

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Add a lot of salt(not too much) to hot water and have a bath with it.if a bath tub is available immersed yourself for a good time to relax yourself.a massage with a balm will also be benefic before sleeping.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 pm

It would appear to be a stress area - when you have dealt with your stresses for a time it is released.  Flow spirit flow - when affirming your own good - include a flow that keeps the neck free and flowing.  

A Pain in the Neck is someone who just keeps annoying without relief.  Don't allow people, places, things, to accumulate to that level so often! (Easier said than done of course!)

Pravin Kumar

Stiff Neck

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Swetaji,

Even Hot Water Bottle with Towel tied round it and hold it against your neck will relieve the pain gradually as the blood circulation will improve. Deep Breathing exercise will also help as extra oxygen is pumped in and reach the neck portion also. Nowadays we have Heat Lamp. You can use this heat lamp also near your neck at the right bearable temperature so that blood circulation improves.

Pravin Kumar

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:14 am

hello,
thanks a ton.. so is guess it is basically poor blood circulation:) and i have to take measures to reduce it:)

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:12 am

I also experience pain in my neck from sitting at a computer for extended hours...Massage, Chiropractic and stretching help tremendously...

suhreel

Post by suhreel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:36 am

Sounds like you've gotten some great advice.  Just would add that if you decide to try the hot salt bath, use epsom salt instead of just regular table salt.  That can help ease the muscle tension a bit.  I usually do epsom salt and a bit of baking soda, and sometimes a bit of sea salt as well.  

You could also try some streches in the area, that could also help increase circulation.  Neck rolls, shoulder rolls, and arm rolls might help.  Also try focusing on your posture when you are having problems.  Be sure that you are keeping your back straight and your shoulders rolled down and back to keep you neck in the ideal position!

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 am

I agree with the epsom salt, dead sea salts & baking body mixture...1 C epson, 1/2 C dead sea salt & 1/4 C baking soda.  I'd also add a reminder to shower after the soaking, to completely rinse off the toxins.

shimaxia

Post by shimaxia » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Go and see a refexologist is my advise purely because sometimes aches and pains arise through tissues and organs affected elsewhere in the body. A reflexologist will pick up all sorts of problems and will be able to assist in relief from the first consultation. Good luck.

budman200236

tennis ball

Post by budman200236 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:45 am

when I work out my shoulders, traps, and upper back I get sore on my neck.  I put my neck on a tennis ball and just move my head from side to side.  feels good and works...but that's just me.

vyruz87

Post by vyruz87 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:56 pm

Its damn easy, don't go out with a wet hair in the cold or while sleeping cover urself well and warm and try not to remain in one posture during sleep ;)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 pm

ya i guess sleeping in one position is my problem... hot water bag and neck exercises seem to be helping though

AMANUSH-FORCE

Re: Remedy for Stiff Neck??

Post by AMANUSH-FORCE » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:38 am

swetha wrote:hi guys,
this seems to be a perennial problem with me! and the pain is killing!
any suggestions to prevent it? or cure it :smt003
i get it at regular intervals...
any kind of remedy will do:)
Stiff neck for any person denotes his nature of clinging to some other person or object ,which creates a karmic dependence as a  innate nature of the person...

Clinging or possessiveness for any person or thing las to be left slowly and has to be relaxed.This will definitely help.

Apart from that Aural healing would be a very good treatment.

tarottart

Post by tarottart » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 am

:smt006 Hi, warmth and neck exercises, stretching the neck, lowering the shoulders, small circular motions with the head. Also make sure no one has put any psychic cords into you. Hope your pain eases. :)

Return to “General Discussion”