but a few people seem willing

to work at macking it last with

seperation and divorce so common place that

most people see them inevitable,

it seems the very idea of marital commitment  is

fast becoming a foeign one.

What's gone wrong?

Reading this somewhere i felt it is becoming common in India,

India  is known for its richest culture , heritage, and here marriage is not taken as contract, it is regarded sacred.

I request all ,especially Indians to think over this

to promote true love and  protect true values of marriage

and surve the real purpose   of marriage  by  itself  , and try to be  role

models again

prasanna

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Reason, Season, Lifetime

People  come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do  for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,  it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have  come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with  guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally  or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.  
They are there for the reason you need them to be.  

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an  inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to  bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die.  Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force  you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need  has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.  
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is  time to move on.

Some  people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has  come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience  of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something  you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable  amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a  season.

LIFETIME  relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must  build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.  
Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person and  put what you have learned to use in all other relationships  and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but  friendship is clairvoyant.

Is marriage, divorce, or any other relationship any different than deciding what its purpose is for your life?  We do try to keep all our relationships for a Lifetime and they fall short - because they are just not intended to be for that long.

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Well said Spiritalk.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Thank you spiritalk.  beautifully expressed. Image

redrulz

love is real

Post by redrulz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:16 am

real love comes in many forms, u don't have to be in a commited relationship with another human being to feel real love for them...... it my mind we should love everyone that comes into our lives whether we like their outer appearance or personality or not. we are not here to judge we are all here to pass  on our gifts of knowledge to other human beings to grow in the spiritual form. we need to listen and care and love one another nore then we all will learn the lessons we have all been sent here to learn....
so share they love and light with everyone that u meet ull be amazed at the responce u will get in you own life.....
love and light to all

prasanna

from prasanna to all about true love

Post by prasanna » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 am

I thank u all for ur reply to my post TRUE LOVE

I agree with u, true love need not be under contract, really marriages are considered contract only in western parts, But in India we regard it sacred, But ifelt bad, when i see the tendency of divorce is more among Indians now a days. I too believe true love need not be on contract basis,

Love is the only thing, which grows only when u share it with others, unlike money or wealth, for example if we share 100 rs with other person  equally  u will be left with only fifty in ur hand. On the contrary if u share ur love with others, whether known or unknown u will gain more., u may find more no of relationships like brother sister etc and can get more no of friendship by showing ur love on others. This is the basic idiology of shri OSHOJI  which he explains in his ISHA UPANIshad thathva's explanations.

I too agree marriages are   LIFE TIME  agreements but i feel it should remain forever and should not be broken in the middle, , unless and otherwise  under  the inevitable circumstances like seperation due to the death of life partnersIt is not in the hands of partners and it is all at the mercy of GOD.

i thank spirit alkji once again for adding more values to my post giving the explanations of the word true love, the last part will touch anybody who ever breaks such a nice lifetime relationship knowing the true purpose of lifetime relationship

I am certain that lifetime relationship teach u life time lesson, nobody can escape the bad consequences  comiting the mistake knowing its real meaning and its true purpose. I request once again,  only the believers of marriage  not to break the bondage  once they commit them willingly

I do agree true love comes in many forms, I value FRIENDSHIP  MORE PAR and superior than  all  RELATIONship

NO other relationship can match friendship, ANYBODY who cares other person can be called a  friend,but all friends are not called to be life partners

prasanna

Pravin Kumar

TRUE LOVE

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Dear Spiritalk,

That is an excellent piece you have written. Very thought provoking and would love to read it again and again.

Pravin Kumar

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:27 pm

I did not write this piece, but it is one of my true inspirations.  Being real in life is very important.  If something isn't working, we fix it.  Relationships are no different.  

A commitment to marriage and all it contains is important.  Sometimes we go into a marriage for all the wrong reasons or impulses.  And sometimes they can and should be lifetime relationships.

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I heard in an event yesterday that there was a research done with 100 married couples in the US (?) who've been married for 5 years.
50 of these couples got divorced.
25 of these couples said that they were together because of some interest (money, children, beliefs, etc)
only 25 said that they were happily married and wished to continue living together.

Then the researcher wanted to find out what was their secret.

It turned out that these couples took 2 minutes everyday just to say caring, loving and encouraging words to each other.
Like getting home after work and instead of complaining about the lousy day or the traffic, they would hug and say how happy they were being able to see each other again after a long day apart.

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Yes I think couple has forgotten to give their relationship time and be happy together for atleast one moment in a day.I am taking alittle time off to say hi to you all and I love You :smt003  :smt005

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 am

Dear Minakochan and dhav ,

Thanks a lot to  both,of U ,   for re activating this thread after  7 months.  I wish many can participate here again , sharing their views. Mutual understanding and care is very essential in these days  to keep marital harmony , I strongly believe. , as world is becoming more materialistic . True love is becoming a mirage now a days .All of U please think over this.

Regards,

AddleHeart

Post by AddleHeart » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:16 am

love is a myth, it might as well be a serpent.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:46 pm

Expectations are the myth - love is ever present.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Yes spiritalk, U are rite, LOVE   is always present.  So I compare love to GOD . To me Love is GOd. GOd is  LOVE. As God is omnipresent , so is LOVE. Thanks for sharing ..

I noticed the same letters in serpent and present .  To some Love may turn to serpent , if the love doesn't suit . (bitter experiences in selecting life partners) But True LOVE is always omnipresent. So Love is not myth, for those who got  or has  true love, it is  only a rope with which one can attain the highest goals or heights. True Love knows sacrifice. Please do share more .

Thank  U  Addle Heart for your sharing in this topic., do share more .

Regards,

omo_orisha

Post by omo_orisha » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi,
new here but like the topic.

I strongly believe this. I think for the most part, people are not spending enough time to get to know the other person before making a decision. This results in everything being done quickly, couples being "caught up in the moment" only to realize after that they do not know this person at all. The next thing you know you are waking up one morning wondering who is this person you are married to?

Return to “General Discussion”