emotions after a dream

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sigmat

emotions after a dream

Post by Sigmat » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:18 am

Have you ever awakend after a dream with the emotions of the dream that you just had ? For example if you have a dream about loving someone that you simply know and awake feeling like you just had to leve the love of your life and then the feeling leves you after minute or two just like forgetting a dream. Another example is having a dream of being afraid and wakeing up feeling afraid a minute.

Psychic Chef

Yep

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:43 am

Ive had  that with some dreams and once or twice i have had to meditate down later to remove the empathic link to the dream.
Cheers Pete

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:33 pm

I've had those kind of dreams myself where the emotions have followed and learnt that I can turn the feelings off if I meditate.

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:43 pm

yes it did happened to me.when i dream of soemthing emotional  i remain in the state after waking up for sometimes.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:07 pm

What happens when you remember the emotions, rather than the dream or its message?

reactor6

I used to have the same feeling after a dream

Post by reactor6 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:37 pm

It didn't matter whether the dream was "bad" or "good", I always felt happy, relaxed, and elated after a dream.
This stopped last year.

singingnymph

Post by singingnymph » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Oh yeah.  Happened this morning.  Someone was bothering me; I told them to stop, they kept doing it, I finally turned around & stuck my elbow out at the same time, giving them an elbow to the gut & yelled "Knock it off!" I actually woke myself up at that point; I was in mid-swing & I'd yelled it out in my sleep.  Upon waking, I was still pretty irked. Then I realized where I was, rolled over & went back to sleep.

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm

I had this dream where I was at the beach, then everything went black as if the sun died, and I got pretty scared. The next thing that happened was that I woke up and developed a horrible fear of darkness.

And later that day, there was a blackout. And I instinctively got really afraid. XD.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:39 pm

yeah i've had dreams where i'm pissed off and wake up pissed off or sad, sometimes it lingers with me all day

cybernimf

Post by cybernimf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:29 am

I had a dream once a few months ago that someone was making love to me....couldnt tell who, almost like it was a "ghost" or spirit. I awoke believing that it was happening and had a hard time remembering that it happened in my sleep, and not when i was awake. Does that make sense? I still remember it now.

pranay

Post by pranay » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 am

spiritalk wrote:What happens when you remember the emotions, rather than the dream or its message?
It has happened two or three times with me now. And it is really bad. It has happened in the night, you know when your in the really sleepy phase.

reactor6

Post by reactor6 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:54 am

cybernimf wrote:I had a dream once a few months ago that someone was making love to me....couldnt tell who, almost like it was a "ghost" or spirit. I awoke believing that it was happening and had a hard time remembering that it happened in my sleep, and not when i was awake. Does that make sense? I still remember it now.
That happens to me all the time. I wake up from a dream and then just go about my life thinking that the dream really happened until something happens that reminds me it was a dream. Or I will remember something that took place and have a hard time remembering whether it happened in a dream or waking life.

Here's a funny side note: When I was a kid, I used to tell other kids my dreams and they used to think that I was telling them about something that really happened to me, and I would have to explain to them that it was a dream. Guess I was a really good storyteller.

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:06 am

It happens to me about 50-60% of my dreams.

The other night, I dreamed that my loved one turn on the webcam on his personal laptop while at his work place. Then he got this other girl and put her on his lap and started kissing her and such. I began to get angry, scared, in disbelief all at the same time and kept trying to yell at him like "no! stop! don't!"
And I woke up in the middle of the night, totally scared, wishing I could call him...but I managed to get myself to sleep and the next morning sent him an instant message but he didn't see it until the other day. I saw him personally before and told him about it. He joked with it saying that he does it all the time (kinda like saying "that's so ridiculous I can't believe you would think that of me") I got so mad with the comment that I smacked his head so hard he complained so I had to apologize. Later we talked and he made everything better.

It's weird when I wake up in the position that I was in the dream.
Like, one time I was dreaming that I was playing with a bunch of golden coins, claiming to be rich. When I woke up I had my fists closed and felt as though I was holding something. But when I opened my fist, there was nothing...hehe
oh well

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Our dreams are mostly about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state.  The symbols are intended to outline these emotions to resolve them for yourself.  

When you wake in the middle of a dream, the emotions may still be raw from trying to work on them.  Perhaps just going back to sleep would help them resolve themselves through the dreams.

ilike2learn

Re: emotions after a dream

Post by ilike2learn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Sigmat wrote:Have you ever awakend after a dream with the emotions of the dream that you just had ? For example if you have a dream about loving someone that you simply know and awake feeling like you just had to leve the love of your life and then the feeling leves you after minute or two just like forgetting a dream. Another example is having a dream of being afraid and wakeing up feeling afraid a minute.
Yes, I often feel the emotions of a dream when I've woken up.  It only tends to be the dreams that I remember.

I remember waking up crying once.  In the dream, my Dad wouldn't give me a hug.  It was stupid really because in the waking world, my Dad always hugs me.

Return to “General Discussion”