Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE A STROKE

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:32 pm

[size=J

Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229

Brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor studied her own stroke as it happened -- and has become a powerful voice for brain recovery.

Why you should listen to her:
One morning, a blood vessel in Jill Bolte Taylor's brain exploded. As a brain scientist, she realized she had a ringside seat to her own stroke. She watched as her brain functions shut down one-by-one: motion, speech, memory, self-awareness ...

Amazed to find herself alive, Taylor spent eight years recovering her ability to think, walk, and talk. She has become a spokesperson for stroke recovery and for the possibility of coming back from brain injury stronger than before. In her case, although the stroke damaged the left side of her brain, her recovery unleashed a torrent of creative energy from her right.  

From her home base in Indiana, she now travels the country on behalf of the Harvard Brain Bank as the "Singin' Scientist."

"How many brain scientists have been able to study the brain from the inside out? I've gotten as much out of this experience of losing my left mind as I have in my entire academic career."  Jill Bolte Taylor

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/229

With only the right brain functiong she found herself in a state of complete Nirvana and Peace.
18][/size]

satori

Post by satori » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 pm

This is a MUST SEE!!  I saw this video "Stroke of Insight" by Jill Bolte Taylor  a couple of weeks ago.  I found it fascinating, profound and very moving.  Thank you for posting it here.

soulawareness

Post by soulawareness » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Very Profound and very moving indeed!!!

whiteheart

Post by whiteheart » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 am

thank you Pravin Kumar that was a must see.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:38 am

Amazing ! Thanks for sharing !!!

Return to “General Discussion”