Shapeshifting

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Divapixie

Shapeshifting

Post by Divapixie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:56 am

Imagine you could physically shapeshift...not just in the world of your shamanic meditations. what if you could physically turn into an animal (or even another human being).

Would you do it? What would you turn yourself into? Why?

I couldn't decide when it came down to posting this. A raven, a cat, an owl, or something magnificant like a puma a lion...I just don't know. Cannot decide...maybe i'll shift into a chimera in the end because of my indecision.  :smt017

And you?

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Why choose just one!? lol  Different situations call for different things, maybe you could decide on it that way.

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:28 pm

I have always been fascinated by those who shapeshift.Maybe into a dove if my first time comes.lol ;-)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:54 pm

To shapeshift into different things for that moment.  That would be really neat. To fly, to be an elephant, to be a worm in the rich earth, a butterfly, a beaver, a dolphin, oh to experience this world in so many ways.  ImageImageImage

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 am

Hi Diva  :) i love this topic...

If i wanted to have a special power SHAPESHIFTER is the one i would choose.....Can you imagine how wonderful will be to experience the power of animals entwined with your own?  :smt045

As a shapeshifter i don't think you need to choose; you can become whatever you want but if i had a limited choice to be; i will change into a raven, feline, wolf and unicorn.....Not bad eh? :smt048

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:01 pm

I have a friend who psysically (Sp?) Shapeshifts.  I didn't realize he did it at all at the time though lol as I was just getting into all of this.  I was at a party at his home and was sitting on a couch talking with someone and looked over at him and he was sort of meditating again.  And when I looked I saw a snake projecting from him.  I must admit I was shocked, but amazed.  Together we even discovered what kind of snake it was, since he had never known before.  He is always drawn to that animal though when he does it, so maybe our choice is just automatic, and we don't really have a choice at all :)

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 pm

A friend was with a Sioux medicine man in a car in open country.  She said he sat there, meditating and was becoming a buffalo.  She was shocked.  He stayed that way for a while and then turned back.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm

hell yeah i would!!! that would cool, if someone was after you or something you can turn into a spider or something! omg that ability would be cool!!!

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 pm

tourbi wrote:To shapeshift into different things for that moment.  That would be really neat. To fly, to be an elephant, to be a worm in the rich earth, a butterfly, a beaver, a dolphin, oh to experience this world in so many ways.  ImageImageImage

Maybe this is what we are doing right now. The dolphins, fish, birds, insects and other creatures will report back on how it was to be whatever they were and we will all know how it was to be.

What better way to understand ourselves by dividing then coming back together.

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:55 am

If I could shape-shift, I would be a fly.

I am always saying "I wish I could be a fly on that wall". Mostley true, some times evil.

My confession.

Lots of love

Karlene

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:22 am

looking_glass wrote:
tourbi wrote:To shapeshift into different things for that moment.  That would be really neat. To fly, to be an elephant, to be a worm in the rich earth, a butterfly, a beaver, a dolphin, oh to experience this world in so many ways.  ImageImageImage

Maybe this is what we are doing right now. The dolphins, fish, birds, insects and other creatures will report back on how it was to be whatever they were and we will all know how it was to be.

I understand what you are saying and think that is really neat and not what I would consider to be shapeshifting or what I was trying to say.

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:40 am

tourbi wrote:
looking_glass wrote:

I understand what you are saying and think that is really neat and not what I would consider to be shapeshifting or what I was trying to say.

No worries, but you reminded me and I thank you for that.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:43 am

You are very welcome.  I believe at the core of who we are, we are going to be able to experience what others experienced, that will be neat. I think we could now, but aren't atuned to it.  Ah well.............. waiting is.

Divapixie

Post by Divapixie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 am

Last night I had a good conversation...we were talking about shapeshifting and had a good laugh...this was our dialogue (and something to think about):

Me: Imagine you could shapeshift
D  : Yes but then you have to respect the natural universe...
Me: Like die and stuff?
D  : Yes, or shift into a fly but be as easily killed as a fly would...Imagine you could only shift once evry 24 hours...if you were a butterfly you'd be stuffed!
Me: HAHAHAHA
D  : Imagine you didnt know what you are going to turn into and then PING you're a whale!
Me: That would be awesome actually...except if you didn't know you were a whale
Me & D: HAHAHAHA
D  : And then imagine you couldnt turn back into a human because you don't know that you are a whale so how can you know that you were a human and then how can you, as a whale, decide to turn back after 24 hours...
Me :Ya, you'd kinda try to look at yourself, see a tale and think you are a mermaid.

We had such a good laugh...but you had to have heen there...he told me to post this, to see what all of you would say to that...I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

tehuti88

Post by tehuti88 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm

I think I should like to try an otter first.  I'm afraid of water, but the thought of being able to swim seems so freeing, and otters always look so cheerful and happy.

Then perhaps an owl, to fly under moonlight.  (I'm afraid of heights too.)

Return to “General Discussion”