AGE ACTIVATED ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

AGE ACTIVATED ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER

Post by Pravin Kumar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 am

Again this mail is sent to me by one of the members of this forum.

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...

This is how it develops:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox, when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day:

----the car isn't washed,
----the bills aren't paid,
----there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,
----the flowers don't have enough water,
----there is still o nly 1 check in my check book,
----I can't find the remote,
----I can't find my glasses,
----and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:36 am

thank u pravinji .

this is very nice to read , indeed some times i too feel and notice nothing is done properly at the day end , it always happens with every one , it is not   only   related  to  the age activated defiency problem , it is due to improper planing  also . we fail in everything , if we work endless, without taking proper rest and sleep , at many times i face this problem , as u know my age , u can understand my position  ,  i make simple mistakes , i even forget very well known name , some times i could not remeber some faces too ,(but i can say iam able to recollect my childhood events from my 5th year) i put some salt more and or i forget to add salt , i  get scoldings , becuase   i would not have lived in that present world , simply i would have appeared in person , but my mind   might   have flown somewhere , this is not acually   age related problem , to o  much of strain to brain will bring these kinds   of differences , over curiousity , improper and inadequate sleep at any age is the reason  for the above picture .But i wont deny the aging  factor too , if u grow old , your sleep time will get reduced , then the problems cannot be avoided .  Lack of interest on one subject will also prove for your absence of mind , u cant remember a particular thing on which u don't show attention , whether a book might be on your table , u fail to notice it , if that book is found not relavant to your subject of interest , that time u will get comments about your   remem'bering ability ,which will make u feel sorry for your particular state

It is very very interesting to read , but i already read it  , as the same was forwarded to me earlier and me and my husband had discussions on this  one day .,, any how thanks for your nice post today

with regards
 prasanna

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh yes, I resemble this story. Image Especially after I went thru menopause. First of all, I lost nouns.  They just disappear in conversation.
I also lost my wonderful memory.  
It's a hormonal change that affects the brain.  
It helps to have stories like this!! Thank you for posting it.  ImageImage

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 am

I don't want menopause or aaadd.

Thanks you can all have it if you want it.

Lots of love to all.'

Karlene

whiteheart

Post by whiteheart » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:25 am

I think I am lost..
How come  Men get blamed or related to everything bad
Men - menopause
Men - menstrual
Men - mental
Men - meningioma
Men - meningitis
Men - meningococcal
Men - mend
Men - mendicant
Men - mendacious
Man - manipulate
But then there is Man-icure which is applied to the Woman?

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:53 am

And your issue with this?Image

ImageImage

whiteheart

Post by whiteheart » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:06 am

OH ok .... Image

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:11 am

That's funny.  In reality I prefer an equal partnership.  Thank you for the giggle. Image

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:17 am

Men - menopause - hormonapause
Men - menstrual - hormon'n'control

His - history - herstory

It's late, time for bed, will let others, if they're interested, rename the words.

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:16 pm

whiteheart wrote:I think I am lost..
Men - menopause
Men - menstrual
Men - mental
Men - meningioma
Men - meningitis
Men - meningococcal
Men - mend
Men - mendicant
Men - mendacious
Man - manipulate

I am too..lost i mean!!!!! :smt043 Ah ah.....Is that matter? :smt064

ravenfield

Post by ravenfield » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:18 pm

whiteheart wrote:I think I am lost..
Men - menopause
Men - menstrual
Men - mental
Men - meningioma
Men - meningitis
Men - meningococcal
Men - mend
Men - mendicant
Men - mendacious
Man - manipulate

I am too..lost i mean!!!!! :smt043 Ah ah.....Is that matter? :smt064

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 am

whiteheart wrote:
I think I am lost..
Men - menopause
Men - menstrual
Men - mental
Men - meningioma
Men - meningitis
Men - meningococcal
Men - mend
Men - mendicant
Men - mendacious
Man - manipulate

I am too..lost i mean!!!!! Ah ah.....Is that matter?

I thought i was lost..... all thse days ,(PRASANNA)

but today i find and i see,

BUT then there is My MAN- who can cure me TODAY,..........   AND TOMOROW AND FOREVER.

i really mean it, there is always a man behind every successful woman- ie    HER MAN

NOW I WISH I SHOULD GIVE DEFINITION OF MAN.

MAN=

Entry Word:
   man
Function:
   noun

Text: 1 an adult male human being <the children always feel better when there's a man or a woman around> Synonymsbloke [chiefly British], buck, cat [slang], chap [chiefly British], dude, fellow, gent, gentleman, guy, hombre, jack, joker, lad, male Related Wordsmaster, mister, sir

2 a male romantic companion <I'm going to see my man again tonight> — see boyfriend

3 a member of the human race <every man has a responsibility to safeguard the planet> — see human

4 the human race <man is always coming up with new advances in science and technology> — see mankind

5 the male partner in a marriage <I now pronounce you man and wife> — see husband

&nbsp; &nbsp;1man Listen to the pronunciation of 1man
Pronunciation:
&nbsp; &nbsp;\&#712;man, in compounds &#716;man or m&#601;n\
Function:
&nbsp; &nbsp;noun
Inflected Form(s):
&nbsp; &nbsp;plural men Listen to the pronunciation of men \&#712;men, in compounds &#716;men or m&#601;n\
Etymology:
&nbsp; &nbsp;Middle English, from Old English man, mon human being, male human; akin to Old High German man human being,
Sanskrit manu
Date:
&nbsp; &nbsp;before 12th century

1 a (1): an individual human; especially : an adult male human
(2): a man belonging to a particular category (as by birth, residence, membership, or occupation) —usually used in combination <councilman>
(3): husband
(4): lover b: the human race : humankind c: a bipedal primate mammal (Homo sapiens) that is anatomically related to the great apes but distinguished especially by notable development of the brain with a resultant capacity for articulate speech and abstract reasoning, is usually considered to form a variable number of freely interbreeding races, and is the sole living representative of the hominid family; broadly : any living or extinct hominid d

(1): one possessing in high degree the qualities considered distinctive of manhood

(2)obsolete : the quality or state of being manly : manliness e: fellow, chap —used as mode of familiar address f—used interjectionally to express intensity of feeling <man, what a game>

2 a: individual, person <a man could get killed there> b: the individual who can fulfill or who has been chosen to fulfill one's requirements <she's your man>

3 a: a feudal tenant : vassal b: an adult male servant cplural : the working force as distinguished from the employer and usually the management

4 a: one of the distinctive objects moved by each player in various board games b: one of the players on a team

5: an alumnus of or student at a college or university <a Bowdoin man>

6Christian Science : the compound idea of infinite Spirit : the spiritual image and likeness of God : the full representation of Mind

7often capitalized : police <when I heard the siren, I knew it was the Man— American Speech>

8often capitalized : the white establishment : white society <surprise that any black…should take on so about The Man— Peter Goldman>

9: one extremely fond of or devoted to something specified <strictly a vanilla ice cream man>
— man·less Listen to the pronunciation of manless \&#712;man-l&#601;s\ adjective
— man·like Listen to the pronunciation of manlike \-&#716;l&#299;k\ adjective
— as one man
: with the agreement and consent of all : unanimously
— one's own man
: free from interference or control : independent
— to a man
: without exception

WITH LOVE

PRASANNA.

whiteheart

Post by whiteheart » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:55 am

:smt002