Pets acting weird???

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

clover73

Pets acting weird???

Post by clover73 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:55 am

I have had my dog for almost a year now and I've NEVER heard her bark.  All of the sudden she is barking and for no apparent reason.  The other day she was laying on the bed sleeping and she just jumped up, looked down the hallway and started barking.  I thought maybe someone was here so I got up and looked and there was nothing.  She was just barking at the wall basically.  Then tonight she did it again.  She was in the living room and she looked down the same hallway and started barking and growling and there was nothing there.  She's also been pacing back and forth and she won't go in the hallway unless my Fiance or I are with her. Does anyone else have any pets acting weird right now?

looking_glass

Re: Pets acting weird???

Post by looking_glass » Sun May 04, 2008 5:05 am

clover73 wrote:I have had my dog for almost a year now and I've NEVER heard her bark.  All of the sudden she is barking and for no apparent reason.  The other day she was laying on the bed sleeping and she just jumped up, looked down the hallway and started barking.  I thought maybe someone was here so I got up and looked and there was nothing.  She was just barking at the wall basically.  Then tonight she did it again.  She was in the living room and she looked down the same hallway and started barking and growling and there was nothing there.  She's also been pacing back and forth and she won't go in the hallway unless my Fiance or I are with her. Does anyone else have any pets acting weird right now?
Yes, my dogs are acting strange also. I believe they are feeling the earthquakes. Mine came and woke us up at about the time the Palm Springs earthquake happened the other day. They also do see spirits, though I don't think that is the case.

clover73

Post by clover73 » Sun May 04, 2008 5:36 am

It's funny you said that because I thought of the earthquake thing right after I posted the message.  I live in the High Desert of California and we haven't had an earthquake out here in a while.  (at least not that I know of)  That's probably it.  Thanks

I thought it might have been spirits for a minute because that is what one of my friends told me.   Also because I was also finding pennies in my living room before this started happening.

K

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun May 04, 2008 5:58 am

I don't have pets right now with me.Just wwhile ago i dreamt about my home and pets there.They were barking.lol
I don't know if that counts here. ;-)

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sun May 04, 2008 11:31 am

I have been living in the house im in for 4yrs now and i have always had that problem with my dogs....I used to have 3 dogs.....Two were my mothers i was looking after and one mine....Since one of my mothers dogs died and she took the other one back i have had alot of problems with my dog.........I used to think it was her going thru some issues due to having alot of changes,but this is like a year later and at times she scares the living daylight out of me.......At times she barks and goes off her head when looking up at "nothing"......Other times she wont come inside even if there is yummy food waiting.....I pick her up to show her nothing is here and when i bring her inside she wets herself then runs back out the doggy door with her tail between her legs.......At times its only one room she wont enter.....I believe at my house it is because of spirit activity.....Maybe it is the doggy (tamieka) who passed away and my dog (skye) doesnt know who it is....I hear tamieka alot from time to time......And my dog never got to see tamieka leave,she left alive and then went to the vet to be put to rest.....From the vets my mother took her to lay her to rest....So yeah,i believe the reason my dog is like that is due to visitors........And sometimes she acts so weird it really freaks me out lol.

Tamara :o)

ravenspagan

pets acting weird

Post by ravenspagan » Sun May 04, 2008 8:28 pm

I too have noticed the strange behavior in my pets, so I accsessed the USGS site for earthquake info and found that there have been quite a number ( larger than usual) of mag 3 and above quakes in the pacific rim. There also have been quakes in the area I live in ( mid west ,Kentucky) from a previously inactive fault in Mid IN and IL. This information has me somewhat distrubed as that seems to be the forbearer of Valcanic activity. check out the info at USGS and let me know what you think.

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Mon May 05, 2008 8:43 am

^^^Know what you mean!  I was awake when that first midwest earthquake hit. My entire desk started swaying too and fro.  The water in my water bottle was swaying, too, in what seemed to my mind a kind of unnatural way.  It wasn't sloshing, it was just rocking back and forth perfectly.  I hadn't ever felt and earthquake and yet it was the first thing that came to mind.  It was truly strange.  But right before it happened, my dog had been sleeping, but suddenly  jumped off the bed and became really alert.  Odd all the way around.  :smt003

I know dogs (cats, birds, etc.) sense things in the house.  I am absolutely sure of it.  I have seen it in numerous pets.  I have never seen anything (I've gotten the "cold" feeling, inexplicable things have happened  --  doors opening and closing without wind, things appearing and disappearing, etc.), but I've seen animals do all the things already described in this thread.  Absolutely.   :smt002

ravenspagan

pets acting weird????

Post by ravenspagan » Mon May 05, 2008 6:35 pm

i ahve really weird pets anyway but mine will also just jump up and run to the back of the house barking his head off also. I have always conteded that he is swwing,hearing, sensing the ghosts that follow my family how ever my daughter says it's her feairy folk he is barking at. actually wee folk is the word she uses. i do know for sure that my husbands dog, which travel with him in is truck, can sense quakes especially in california. been there with them done that.
ravenspagan

Return to “General Discussion”