What's your favorite book/author?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bandit81101

What's your favorite book/author?

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:21 pm

I thought It would be fun to list your favorite book or author, and why.  You could even list ones you don't like and why.  Give people a chance to see other books that are available out there, or authors.  Maybe even find someone who likes your favorite book and chat it up. :)

P.S. If listing your favorite book, be sure to list the author as well!  Makes it easier for those who might try to find it to read later!! :)
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Wow, I searched and saw nothing about this topic, and now all of the sudden I see there is one with several pages lol  Ooops!  Well, oh well :)  If anyone wants to joing in and such be my guest!
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

kishorekr69

my Fav Book

Post by kishorekr69 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23 am

I like almost all books from Arthur Hailey especially Hotel, Airport, etc.,

zelda

Favorite Book

Post by zelda » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 am

Stephen King. He has some mind.  He will give some crazy dreams.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:54 am

As the Crow Flies by Jeffery Archer :)

kalimullah_3

favorite book/author?

Post by kalimullah_3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 am

I like importance of living by lin u tang. Itisold book.
PUBLISHED in 1937, this book has found its way into the private libraries of book readers and collectors who consider this tome by Professor Lin Yutang as one of the most enlightening ever published before World War II.
It expounds the simple joys of living that are constantly overlooked by many of us. The answers to peace of mind and to live with a perpetual smile are found in the classic Chinese philosophy of looking for the extraordinary in the ordinary.
Lin has an easy way with English which he uses to communicates his philosophy of life with great finesse. With most books that touch on any philosophy of the gentler kind, understanding of the subject by the reader is crucial.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Spiritualism books:

Becoming a Spiritualist - Burroughs
Spiritualism...A Way of Life - Elizabeth Harris
Spiritualism The World's Oldest Religion - Elizabeth Harris
Awaken, My Soul!  - Judy Merrill
Journey, My Soul! - Judy Merrill
God bless, J

postalsusie

Some great books

Post by postalsusie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Lucifers Hammer By Larry NIVEN

This is an end of the world story and is outstanding!
It pulls you in with a lasso and youre not let go til the very end. I think "The Postman" movie may have been based on this book but if so, they totally butchered the story.

Exit To Eden by Ann Rice

Also The Vampire  Lestat  by Ann Rice..
also a fantastic book that hollywood totally butchered the movie for. Tom Cruise is about as threatening as a vampire as Martin Short is as a serial killer, ok ?
Rumor had it that Ann Rice was super Ticked off that they picked Cruise. She knew he wasnt right for the part either but Hollywood apparently owed him the next good movie.
Too bad.Image

Minakochan

Post by Minakochan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 pm

I love the Animorphs series from K. A. Applegate.
It's out of print now a days, but it was one of the books that I began to read when I was a child (like when I was around 10 years old).
It's science-fiction about teens facing a war on their own against alien invaders... its REALLY interesting :)

I also liked the Chronicles of Narnia (sorry, forgot the author's name, but it should be fairly easy to find).

Mostly fictional or fantasy stories.

I also like Japanese manga books like Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi (where my avatar is from).

Capergal

Post by Capergal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Anything written by Stephen King.  One of my all time favorities is Christine, but I love almost all of them.  Irish Johanson is also very good, all of her books are very interesting.  I read all the time and it is hard for me to pick a favorite.

Son of Rah

Post by Son of Rah » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 am

My favourite book is the Biggest Secret by David Icke, then it would have to be Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock and the Stargate conspiracy

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:39 pm

I really like Herman Hesse, I've read Siddharta, Demian and Steppenwolf and totally loved them all. I somehow always feel identified with the main characters of his books and end up absolutely loving them. I also recommend Khalil Gibran as I really like the way he portrays human nature, with its innocense, weakness and merciless side.
life is real when you are dreaming, life is a dream when you are realing

googolplex

Post by googolplex » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:14 am

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

The Art of Dreaming By Carlos Castanada
eck ong car sat nam siri wha he guru

Omnicron Solaris

Post by Omnicron Solaris » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:42 am

I'm a major science-fiction geek: so I like Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Ben Bova ect.
But if I just want to chill and relax I like to read to Shell Silverstein... or anything from the Star Wars or Star Trek genre.
Recently I've been reading a book "the arc of millions of years" ( the name of the author escapes me at the moment) I think it was something like Bruce Agnu or something like that. it's a very interesting book talking about how the occult symbols from thousands of years ago seemed to be creeping back into our modern-day existence.
In the self-development category I like: Wayne W. Dyer, Neale Donald Walsh, Deepak Chopra and Lamma Sura Dass (I think I spelled his name wrong).

ec

Post by ec » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:56 am

oh... so many.... The catcher in the rye, kahil gibran, a prayer for owen meany... and cloud hidden whereabouts unknown by alan watts..also Jonathon livingstone seagull....all lovely meaningful reads xxxxxxx
a problem cannot be solved with the same consciousness that created it (Einstein)

Return to “General Discussion”