Red Links

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Red Links

Post by Gem » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:54 am

Hi,

I have recently been asked about the tarot and psychic courses that I run, and just wanted to clarify that all the red links that are by my name or in my posts have nothing to do with me or my courses.

They are pure advertising.

I do not endorse them in any way and I would recommend you learn tarot with my free course here on Mystic Board and NOT through one of these red links. They are not approved by myself or as far as I know, anyone else here at Mystic board.

If you click on them you do so at your own risk.

Thanks

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:22 pm

I so agree....I don't like them either.....but just like a loving couple....so can't MysticBoard live on love and air alone.....it need food....in this case servers that can cope with the demand....and that cost money.

Since everything is build on voluntary help and none fee is collected, we are depending on donation and adds to cover the running cost...so this is one of the means that shall help MB to stay as free.

So we ask our members to take them as they are...adds...and they are not endorsed or evaluated by any of MB's staff...they are all controlled by Google, and must be taken as a "pinpointed add"

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:36 am

I was actually wondering about the red links too. This explains them. Thank you for this post. I understand about needing the ads, and with google or anything else that is free there has to be billboards so to speak. Thank you for mystic board, even if there are ad links. Other forums also have links akin to these.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

sunny2

Post by sunny2 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi Gem, besides the red links mentioned in the above posts which are not endorsed by this site, are you or is anyone else fed up with the Online Chat up box with Holly22 saying, "hi" and "r u online"
popping up on every page?  Not only that when you click the red box to close, it takes you to the following site
'Natasha will reveal your future    Online daily Horoscopes.'

It wouldn't be so bad if we could click a button to close/not interested after seeing the first pop up box which would prevent further coverage.  

Regards Sunny xxx

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:42 pm

humm....be aware that if you use any of the link provided by this "system", then you are taken outside this site, and we have no "power to do anything"....the best way to avoid those annoying ads/chat boxes is to close everything down, and start on new fresh browser.

If any of you have the habit to try out such link on the net, I will recommend to use spy/virus software with regular intervals...at least once a week :)

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:42 pm

sunny2 wrote:Hi Gem, besides the red links mentioned in the above posts which are not endorsed by this site, are you or is anyone else fed up with the Online Chat up box with Holly22 saying, "hi" and "r u online"
popping up on every page?  Not only that when you click the red box to close, it takes you to the following site
'Natasha will reveal your future    Online daily Horoscopes.'

It wouldn't be so bad if we could click a button to close/not interested after seeing the first pop up box which would prevent further coverage.  

Regards Sunny xxx
You can't really close it. It's an image not a real pop-up so only thing you can do is ignore it.

Return to “General Discussion”