Hurricane Gustav Is Coming!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

JewelOfTheSouth

Hurricane Gustav Is Coming!

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 pm

Late Monday night, or Tuesday morning, hurricane Gustav is set to hit Louisianna, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas and Parts of Florida. The state of Mississippi and Louisianna are already on high alert, as well as Alabama. They have already cut off the gas pipes, which pump gas in to the USA, and have taken the workers off of our oil rigs out in the gulf. One of my brothers works for FEMA, which is oddly enough part of Security and homeland defense and I have been warned to brace myself. Please remember us. This storm is said to be as strong or stronger than Katrina was in 2005. Let us hope they are wrong.

Thank You All,

Gentle Hugs,

Julie
Last edited by JewelOfTheSouth on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crow

Post by Crow » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Jewel Of South,

My thoughts are with you and the others as the Huricane approaches.  If this is going to be worse than Katrina, are you sure you wish to brace yourself?  Can you leave for inland, further away from the coastline?  I ask since I am not sure exactly how close you are to the Gulf of Mexico.  Those images are forever burned in my mind.   Are they helping people to leave the areas?  Please be careful.  And keep us updated.

Safe Journey

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 pm

There are many plans, especially here in Mississippi, and Louisianna. I live very close to where it is projected to hit. I just have a bad feeling about this one. I am hoping it will lose power and just perhaps rain a little, but the warm water in the gulf is allowing it to pick up speed and winds to 111 MPH. I live so close to New Orleans, I can almost reach out and touch it. I am 30 minutes away from the Louisiana state line, and 3 hours away from New Orleans. My other brother, who is a doctor just returned home from private work in Afghanistan after 5 years, and he lives in Houston, right near the gulf it's self. I am wondering about how they have planned for this. My partner is terrified because she was in Mississippi during Katrina, and it was not pretty. We have friends who have returned to New Orleans, and hope they lock up and leave this weekend. I will be online as long as I can be. There is a huge chance out power will be knocked out completely. Thank you for your prayers and energy.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

Marion

Post by Marion » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:42 am

Julie & Lucia you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care of yourselves and keep safe.
I am sending lots of energy and positive thoughts to keep you both safe.
Hugs
Marion

MystikalGizmo

Gustave

Post by MystikalGizmo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 am

Your all in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope you all will keep yourselves safe during this powerfull hurricane

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 am

I'm sending love and energy to all of you, I hope all stay safe!

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:27 pm

We are listening to it right now. It's still a hurricane, however we worry about it hitting the warm waters of the gulf of mexico. Needless to say, we will see when it finally hits. I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone here who has answered this thank you. We so much appreciate your love, energy and caring. I will keep you as updated as I can.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:35 pm

I wish you all the best. I'll be praying for everyone's safety. If you feel your life may be in danger during this storm, it may be wise to drive/travel to another state for a few days( if that's possible) with your most valuable possessions.

Please do keep us updated.

:)

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:57 pm

I completely agree. It's a really huge hurricane but there is hurricane hanna right behind gustav! So a double whammy!
Gustav if it stays on course is set to hit Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and who knows where else. I don't feel overly worried right at this moment, but as I said there are now 2 hurricanes instead of one. I very much dislike being right in the middle of hurricanes. I'm originally from California, and I know how bad they can be. Hoever, I've seen much worse in the southern united states.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Jewelofthesouth, I'm sending prayers. I know how you feel. I live in Tampa Florida. I'm really watching Hanna.

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Bless you! I'll be saying prayers for you and sending energy. You are right there in her path unless she changes directions.
Please stay safe, stock up on water and if she's going to hit, get out!

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks for the prayers. I'm be stocking up tomorrow. Stay safe. hthrshorty

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 am

You too! The stores are picked clean here. I bought the last of the bottled water earlier. Food and everthing has been
bought. Blankets, flashlights, and so on. If we are all flooded, it won't make a difference. I can imagine my crystal balls swimming by. lol I had to make a joke because this is rather nerve racking. Please stay safe. Our best to you and your family.

Gentle Hugs And Prayers,

Julie

hthrshorty

Post by hthrshorty » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:17 am

you mad me laugh on that one. You have too let go on some intense situations. Try to stay dry.lol be safe

ncloyd

Post by ncloyd » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you Julie
Stay safe ok

I live in Dickinson, in between Houston and Galveston
we are all holding our breaths here too
I am stocking up and packing up the valueables
loading up my kitties
and going to my family's house in Houston for the weekend
and no telling how long after that

I just watched the news and they expect it to be a category 4 by Sunday night
hopefully they are wrong ot it dies back does and only turns into a rain maker