2012: The End of the World, but not Literally

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bismark

2012: The End of the World, but not Literally

Post by Bismark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:50 pm

There has been a lot of controversy and debate over the issue of December 21, 2012 being the “End of the World”.  People have been basing this on Mayan Prophecies and the fact that the Mayan Calendar ends on the above-mentioned date.

The reality of this is that people have misunderstood and misinterpreted the Mayan Philosophies and the workings of the Mayan Calendar.  This is something that has upset a lot of Mayans.

If you speak to the Mayans, as I have done, they will tell you that indeed, 2012 is the end of the world.  They will also tell you that this will be the fifth time the world has ended, and that the world ends every 5125 years.  In other words, it is not a literal translation.  In fact, the Mayans explain this as meaning the end of one era and the beginning of a new era.  They do say that during this time there will be major changes in the Earth and its inhabitants, but not an actual destruction of the physical planet.

So, the Question is why every 5125 years?

In order to answer this question, one has to understand the workings of the Mayan Calendar, and the reasoning and science behind it.  In fact, you also need to know the Mayan perception of time.

Most people perceive time as a straight line, moving ever forward.  Mayans perceive time as a circle, “What has happened will happen”.  Even though this statement pertains to a Mayan philosophy about events in history, it also has a bigger meaning from which the statement originated.  The bigger meaning pertains to cycles in nature and in the universe, as understood in Mayan astronomy.  And this perception of time is the first building block for the Mayan Calendar.

The Mayan Calendar is actually three calendars working as one, kind of like three cogged wheels.  These calendars are known as the Tzolkin, the Haab, and the Long Count.  

The Tzolkin, also known as the Mayans’ Religious or Spiritual Calendar, is 260 days long.  It measures the Mayan 20 day weeks of which there are 13.  (NOTE:  The year marked by the Tzolkin is not incorporated in the Mayan date).

The Haab, also known as the Mayans’ Civilian or Solar Calendar, is 365 days long.  It measures the months of which there are 20 (19 months have 20 days each and 1 month has 5 days in it for a total of 365 days).  

These two calendars working together are known as the “Calendar Round” and create a cycle of days that do not repeat for 52 years.  Incidentally, the reset of this calendar every 52 years also keeps this portion of the Mayan Date in sync with the seasons on Earth, much in the same way as our “Leap Year”, only it is much more accurate.

The Long Count, also known as the “Day Count”, is what the Mayans use to mark the days in the 5125 year cycle of the Mayan Calendar.  Incidentally, the Mayans can tell you what day it is on the “Long Count”, which is impressive due to the fact that there are 1,870,625 days in the “Long Count”.

So, with these three calendars working together as one Mayan Calendar, no date on this calendar repeats itself for 5125 years (then the process starts over again).

Now back to the question, “Why 5125 years?”

This is because the Mayan Calendar is not based on the Sun and the Moon.  Though it uses the Sun and the Moon in part of its workings, the Mayan Calendar is actually based on the time it takes our Milky Way Galaxy to make a complete orbit around the Pleiades Cluster.  It is a mystery as to why they chose this phenomenon as a basis for a calendar or how they even knew about it.

So, will we still be here after 2012?

More than likely, the answer is yes.  And we may be witness to some really interesting things in the process.

The last time the Mayan Calendar came to an end was 3113 B.C.  This puts it around the time of the “Great Flood”, which is spoken of, not only in the Bible, but also in Mayan History and other cultures as well (and mankind is still here).

Is this ending of the Mayan Calendar different from any of the previous endings?

The answer is most definitely, “Yes”.

With this ending of the Mayan Calendar, our solar system will be entering the “Galactic Plain” on its journey from the topside of our galaxy to the bottoms side.  This phenomenon occurs every 25625 years, which is exactly 5 cycles of the Mayan Calendar.  With 2012 being the 5th ending to the Mayan Calendar, you can count back and find that the very first cycle of the Mayan Calendar began with our solar system in the “Galactic Plain” on its journey from the bottom side of the galaxy to the topside.

“What has happened will happen”.

Mostly Harmless

Nice article reg. "The End of the World, but not Literally"

Post by Mostly Harmless » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Bismark,  

Your article on using the Mayan calender to prodict the 2012 "end of the world" was great.  Well thought out and full of facts.  (I guess I shouldn't short sell my stocks right before christmas 2012.)

Bismark

Greetings "Mostly Harmless"

Post by Bismark » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 am

*smile* I think that this was awesome bis!!

It makes sense not only with the history that you have in the article, but also with all the changes that so many spiritual people are picking up on and talking about. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

Nyte

Bismark

Nyte

Post by Bismark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 am

Nyte,

Thank you for your very kind remarks.  It really means a lot coming from someone I initially met through a rather heated debate…. *SMILES*

I’m very glad you liked it.

Have a great night.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Nyteshadecreed wrote:*smile* I think that this was awesome bis!!

It makes sense not only with the history that you have in the article, but also with all the changes that so many spiritual people are picking up on and talking about. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

Nyte

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Dear Bismark,

Your post about Mayan calender is really full of facts with useful informations.Thanks for sharing .

Bismark

Prasanna

Post by Bismark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Greetings Prasanna,

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm glad you enjoyed the Article.

prasanna wrote:Dear Bismark,

Your post about Mayan calender is really full of facts with useful informations.Thanks for sharing .

Nyteshadecreed

Re: Nyte

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Bismark wrote:Nyte,

Thank you for your very kind remarks.  It really means a lot coming from someone I initially met through a rather heated debate…. *SMILES*

I’m very glad you liked it.

Have a great night.

*smile* yeah, I know... lol have the same love/respect for you too now hon'

I think it is awesome, and it roused a beautiful debate with me and D. *smile* I love talking about well almost anything LOL, I have turned into a social butterfly lately... which is a new world for me being as I was such a loner for so long. *smile* you get to take the journey with me Bis, buckle up friend, It is gonna be a wild ride!!

Affections,
                 Nyte

Bismark

Nyte

Post by Bismark » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Nyte,

Ok...I'm buckled in a bracing myself...*GRIN*

I'm really glad you liked is so much...you'll have to tell me about this debate.

I travel quite a bit and instead of doing the "lay around the resort kind of thing", I like to learn about the culture and history of the people where I go.  You can probably tell that I have a thing for Mayan Culture…*smile*

Oh…This is a little off the subject, but the picture below this post is my book…They say you should write about things you know…*smile*

Nyteshadecreed wrote:*smile* yeah, I know... lol have the same love/respect for you too now hon'

I think it is awesome, and it roused a beautiful debate with me and D. *smile* I love talking about well almost anything LOL, I have turned into a social butterfly lately... which is a new world for me being as I was such a loner for so long. *smile* you get to take the journey with me Bis, buckle up friend, It is gonna be a wild ride!!

Affections,
                 Nyte

Warm Regards,

Bismark
Attachments
Book Cover temp.jpg
Book Cover temp.jpg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 2862 times

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Oooo a book!!! You have my full attention now!! LOL the debate was about weather we (humans) would be able to survive through a ice age and the coming of said ice age... He was imposing ice age as end of the world, so once we got on the same page it was a bit more productive....  He can be a bit stubborn, and well as you know I am also *smile* I am a Taurus with Gemini rising and he is a Gemini with a Taurus rising. LOL so when we are on the same page or side, we tend to be a force to be reckoned with. Just as much when we are on opposing sides... *smile* It makes life not boring with each other... and We are pretty good about remembering that the other is someone we love and not just someone to argue with or be mean to.... Which we are both very good at when we feel provoked. *smilies* I am gonna have to find your book now...

Affections,

Nyte

Bismark

Nytes

Post by Bismark » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 am

Nytes,

Well that explains the debate...*Grin*

It truly sounds like you two have a good relationship.

You can find my book at the usual bookstore...Barnes and Nobles, Borders, etc.  You can also find it online at places such as Amazon.com.

Here's what you should know.  The book is a work of fiction, but with some buried truths for those who need them...So...Entertainment if you don't, information if you do.... *smiles*

If you get the book, any input would be appreciated.  I'm working on book two right now, and it will take a third book to finish the series.

Take care.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Nyteshadecreed wrote:Oooo a book!!! You have my full attention now!! LOL the debate was about weather we (humans) would be able to survive through a ice age and the coming of said ice age... He was imposing ice age as end of the world, so once we got on the same page it was a bit more productive....  He can be a bit stubborn, and well as you know I am also *smile* I am a Taurus with Gemini rising and he is a Gemini with a Taurus rising. LOL so when we are on the same page or side, we tend to be a force to be reckoned with. Just as much when we are on opposing sides... *smile* It makes life not boring with each other... and We are pretty good about remembering that the other is someone we love and not just someone to argue with or be mean to.... Which we are both very good at when we feel provoked. *smilies* I am gonna have to find your book now...

Affections,

Nyte

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm

*smile* awesome... I actually had figured as much about the way the book works for those in the know... lol not sure why, just seemed to be the way I thought it would work out... *shrugs* I will let you know when I get it... lol might take some time as I live in the country at the moment and well have to drive to Tampa to be able to go to a store that carries anything I really want *smile*

Bismark

Nytes

Post by Bismark » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:56 pm

Nytes,

Great...I eagerly await your input...*Grin*.

Nyteshadecreed wrote:*smile* awesome... I actually had figured as much about the way the book works for those in the know... lol not sure why, just seemed to be the way I thought it would work out... *shrugs* I will let you know when I get it... lol might take some time as I live in the country at the moment and well have to drive to Tampa to be able to go to a store that carries anything I really want *smile*

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 am

*smile* I am always so happy to see that you have been on and posted... Bis, I think your stuck with me now... LOL

stormbay

Post by stormbay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 am

The transition of our solar system through the milky way dark rift is a scientific fact and not fiction, the Mayan long calendar gives this date as the end of the cycle of ideological life. In other words god and all it's spiritual connotations have will have passed their use by date as all mythological delusions do.

We see this growing confusion in all ideologies, physically and psychologically and that's why religious war suppression and attrition is sweeping the world. We are already being effected by the coming event and those clinging to ideologies will not survive the massive emotional and psychological strain which will befall them as reality moves through our solar system. What is interesting is astrophysicists and cosmologists have made some startling discoveries, which may mean this is the first time our solar system has moved into the milky way rift.

It has always been thought that entering this rift is a natural transition the earth goes through about every 26000 years, yet that may not be the case. Recent observations and calculations seem to show our solar system is not a part of the milky way, as our solar system is transiting the milky way in a different manner to all others they have observed. They now believe that we are a part of a much larger galaxy which is colliding with and gobbling up the milky way, so we will enter that dark rift from a completely different angle to those of the milky way. This could mean a number of things, but what it does mean is we have no understanding of what is within this rift as no light escapes from it. One theory is that it is a vent from the milky way black hole and full of dust, another is that it is a join between another dimension which forms in every black hole as black holes are doors to other dimensions, so the rift may consist of dark matter and super magnetism. To the best of my knowledge, every galaxy has a dark rift. If it is full of dust, then it is probably highly magnetised from the extremes of pressure black holes create.

As our solar system enters it the dust will create friction on our solar systems magnetic envelope which surrounds us and this could mean huge electromagnetic events which will react upon the electromagnetic system of humans and animals, creating more and more confusion within those minds who cling to illusionary myths for their strength and security. If this is the case, then we are seeing the beginnings of it now, mainly within the slaves of the god cults as what they believe is collapsing all around them and no matter how much they talk of their beliefs being loving and caring, the facts are the opposite and gods followers are getting more and more violent confused and mentally fractured. So yes we do enter a dark rift in December 2012 and yes it will have an effect upon us all. But until we actually enter it, we have no idea of what may occur, nor the duration of it.

Only those who have evolved beyond delusional ideologies and beliefs, will have a chance of getting through, the animals of the world have the best chance of survival, as they don't seem as constrained by beliefs and empty hopes and live in reality.

Return to “General Discussion”