Mind Power

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Mind Power

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 am

Now here's something we used to try years ago.
Take some toilet paper (as thin as you can get it - peel it down to 1 sheet thick), burn it in an ashtray and break the ash up into small flakes, place a glass or plastic dome over it - anything that you can see through.
Then try to move the flakes of ash just by thinking about them.
A variation is to burn the paper/foil inside a cig. packet and use that.
It's an interesting way to spend an hour or two.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 am

:smt005

Thank you for this.

HAHA. No really this sounds fun. Now what do you do with the cig wrapper?  

Safe Journey

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Does it really work?

NAAANEE

MIND POWER

Post by NAAANEE » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 pm

I think the ashes move byitself because of its lightness.Then where is the question of applying thought of moving it?

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

lol @ crow!

Prof. Akers, did you get some movement? I know that sometimes i do this unconsciously with incense smoke. lol
Thanx for sharing!

NAAANEE

MIND POWER

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:00 am

It's called Mindset!!

As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from the ropes they were tied to but for some reason, they did not. My friend saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.

"Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free." My friend was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before? So make an attempt to grow further.... Why shouldn't we try it again?

"YOUR ATTEMPT MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT."

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 am

nice one naaanee! :)

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:13 am

I have a Wolf-hybrid at home that can jump from the floor to the counter with no exertion....but doesn't jump over the baby gate cuz she couldn't get past it as a pup.  Thank god....she can be destructive when left alone.

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:58 pm

that is really great about your wolf-hybrid.
so we have understood when we make our mind believe that we are weak in spite of our strengths our mind behaves in a weak way irrespective of our body strengths!

Vlinder

Re: MIND POWER

Post by Vlinder » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:43 pm

NAAANEE wrote:It's called Mindset!!

As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from the ropes they were tied to but for some reason, they did not. My friend saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.

"Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free." My friend was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before? So make an attempt to grow further.... Why shouldn't we try it again?

"YOUR ATTEMPT MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT."
Deepak Chopra related such a story during one of his seminars; he called it "premature cognitive commitment". The elephant had made a commitment in its body-mind that the little rope is a prison, tie it to a big tree with a chain and it'll up-root it.

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm

the elephant was not trained to believe that it is weak when we tie it with a chain to tree.
i have read a real story in reader's digest.there one small girl(may be 4yrs old or so) was shotted with a bullet in her head.but the person who was near to her not knowing that bullet has pierced in head,just rubbed the girl's head & told just it is a small injury.The girl has believed the man's word.But after some years the girl started complaining about headaches.When they examined her brain x-ray,to everybody's surprise there was bullet in her brain.Generally,if bullet gets into brain then it is sure of death. But the girl was made to believe in different way.after operation the bullet was removed & she was safe now.is it not a wonder?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:37 pm

We wake up each morning with negativity.  Use this wonderful mind power to affirm your own good and see how your mind can and does create a positive attitude throughout your day.  Why restrict its power to restrictions.  It also has the power of creativity.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:49 pm

naanee, I think you are missing the point, you can't have a minset about something you have never tried. The idea is to find out if you CAN move the ash, not re-inforce a pre-existing negative experience.
This experiment is often used to prove/dis-prove those who claim they can influence events purely by the power of their minds, curiously those people I have met who claimed to be able to move/influence events or matter, all refused point blank to try the experiment.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:16 am

i used to be able to make things move when i was angry.

I remember freaking my friend out when i was furious with anger and tryling to look for something, i shouted where is the f**king ahstray and it slid out from under the newspapers.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 am

Yea...We shall never underestimate the power of woman.....they can even move a man :)

Return to “General Discussion”