Pendulum

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

freda

Pendulum

Post by freda » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 pm

:smt006

Hi
I have read a book written by William J Ousby suggesting that the movement of the pendulum is brought about by involuntary muscle movements caused by unconsious suggestion.  Would it not rather have been by the conscious suggestion if suggestion is at all involved.  Or is it actually brought about by molecules of spirit involvement.

Thanks
Freda

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:18 am

Vedic philosophy of India says that the Inner Self of a person is molecular in nature, being made up chiefly of the 'vayu and akaash' elements.
So the Inner Self can have the capacity to move a pendulum, according to this thesis.

Lady of Avalon

Post by Lady of Avalon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:22 pm

I know that plenty of people think that it is involuntary muscle movement that causes a pendulum to move.... but... I have witnessed pendulums suddenly stopping their swing in mid air! so tell me how does muscle control ever possibly achieve that? There is more to pendulums than muscle movement :)

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 am

I find it interesting that you have seen a pendulum stop in midair, during a swing!
Yes, that is food for thought, indeed.....

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:25 pm

The best pendulums I've used are a long needle suspended by cotton thread.
One of our training  exercises is to write 1-9 on a series of cards, turn them over, shuffle them up then get a student to speak a number out loud then pick it out with the pendulum. The best students keep getting better and better - these are the ones that go on to the meditational side of our martial art.

Return to “General Discussion”