Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

A RICH DAD AND A POOR DAD

Post by Pravin Kumar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:06 am

[/s

Robert Kiyosaki had two dads . . .

A rich dad and a poor dad.

One dad was highly educated and intelligent. He had a Ph.D. and had completed four years of undergraduate work in less than two years. He then went to Stanford University, the University of Chicago and Northwestern University to do his advanced studies. All on full, financial scholarships.

His other dad never finished the eighth grade. Both men were successful in their careers, working hard all their lives. Both earned substantial incomes.

Yet one dad struggled financially all his life and the other dad would become one of the richest men in Hawaii. One died leaving tens of millions of dollars to his family, charities and his church. The other left a legacy of unpaid bills. Both men were strong, charismatic and influential. Both men offered Robert advice, but they did not advise the same things.

Each dad had a very different point of view on the subject of money. One dad would say, "The love of money is the root of all evil." The other, "The lack of money is the root of all evil." Having two dads - and loving them both - forced Robert to think about, and ultimately choose, a way of thinking for himself. In doing so, he gained valuable insights into the power and effect of one's thoughts on one's life.

At the age of nine, Robert chose not to listen to his real dad - the one with all the college degrees - on matters of money. He decided to listen to and learn from his rich dad about money. And he wants to teach you what he learned, something traditional schools don't teach:

ize]

peewee350

Rich dad poor dad

Post by peewee350 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:22 am

I have recently read this really interesting and enlightening book.
It made me realise how school/college so badly prepares us for our adult lives in terms of financial independence, or how one can achieve enormous wealth if that was the the goal.
I think that if this book was on the syllabus at schools and colleges and the principals taught properly what an enormous impact  this would have on society.
It does not mean that every one would want to be extremely wealthy but it would mean that every single person leaving school or college would clearly understand the most important principals of making and managing money that are taught in this exellent book.[/b]

thegirl

Post by thegirl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 pm

i have this book and i recommend to everyone,you will take care of your money in a easier and smarter way

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Hm, probably worth looking into... =)

... I'm assuming the book is called "A rich dad and a poor dad"?

unknown poet

Post by unknown poet » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:49 pm

this book is about money

any way you cut it

you can't eat paper can you?

unknown poet

CoolDude

Post by CoolDude » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 pm

The morale of the story is - You yearn what you long for in your life. If you have money, you miss other things in life and have desire for it. If you don't have money, then you look for the materialistic things you missed in your life.

sdurio

Post by sdurio » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:29 pm

I've read the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series. I will not dispute the the series isn't about money. What I got out of the series is that there are rules to how money works within the government and business, without knowing these rules one could easily invest in the wrong projects and be jaded.

It helps one spot good investments and gives one the confidence to ask questions of professionals. Just reading this will not ensure riches, but reading it well tell you things you didn't know you didn't know. It gives you knowledge and knowledge is something, no matter how poor you are, you can use to become rich.

srimathi29

Post by srimathi29 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 am

i have read rich dad poor dad book twice.one should understand how to make use of money. for example if a person earns lot of money in his bussiness,how to re invest,it and save properly.and with small capital how to multiply your money.after reading this book u get some knowledge if notmoney.

Return to “General Discussion”