ADDICTED TO PSYCHIC COUNSELLING? HELP IS AT HAND.

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rebecca Mills

ADDICTED TO PSYCHIC COUNSELLING? HELP IS AT HAND.

Post by Rebecca Mills » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Has contacting psychics started to rule your life?

Are you relying on a psychic to help you make serious or trivial life choices, such as in your career, love life or what you should do on your day off?

Does the thought of giving up psychic readings scare you?

Has your reader / friends / family suggested that you are too reliant on psychic advise?

Has getting psychic readings begun to seriously affect you financially?

WANT HELP IN BEATING YOUR HABIT BUT DON’T WHERE TO TURN?

Hello

I'm currently researching a documentary for US television looking at the growing phenomena of psychic addiction - people who develop a costly and emotionally damaging habit of using psychics on a highly regular basis. The film will serve to not only raise awareness about this problem but will also provide treatment that could help its thousands of sufferers.

At present there are very few options available to those afflicted with this dependency (apart from psychics recognising the traits in their clients and refusing to read for them). But with help and advice from experts and recovering addicts alike, this television special aims to explore the very latest hands on methods of addiction treatment and therapy (both alternative and traditional) tailored specifically for the needs of sufferers of this little known field of addiction.

If you consider yourself to be developing an addiction to using psychics, or know someone you’re concerned might be, then I'd very much like to hear from you. Also if you have any suggestions for any other people whom you consider a positive or negative force in fighting psychic addictions I'd also love to hear about them too. We are looking for people based in the USA to film taking part in small-scale one-on-one treatment programmes from mid August to early September.

Personally, I have been walking a spiritual, shamanistic and conscious path for the last year, but would like to stress that this film will have neither a pro or negative stance on the issue of the paranormal. It’s the harmful addiction that we will be striving to get to the root of in the film.

Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more. Email me at rebecca.mills@itn.co.uk  and myself or one of our small team will get back in touch for a confidential, obligation free chat in which we’ll be happy to go into any further detail for you.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this…any and all help gratefully received!

Best Wishes

Rebecca

Associate Producer

www.itn.co.uk

rebecca.mills@itn.co.uk

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:39 pm

After a request from Rebecca Miills, have we allowed her to post the above question, with links and email, in the post.
We will again notify that we have not changed our policy, around links and email addresses in post, they are still not allowed, and will be deleted if spotted.

Mike Voyce

Addicted to psychic counseling?

Post by Mike Voyce » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm

Yes I know counsellors and mediums of various sorts and the worst will attract the weakest clients.
As with all counselling it is wrong and mistaken to give advice, especially a psychic counsellor should aim at developing the clients independance.
It is illegal in England to make predictions and good mediums don't do it. Since the weaker clients will seek reassurance for the future, and will blame the predicting counsellor for disappointment, don't do it.
There always will be cheats and rogues who prey on the weak and the only answer is the work of the genuine. In England, the Spiritualists National Union both tries to prevent exploitation and disciplines its members. Unfortunately the president is very much against using the television because of its exploitative tendancies, "For Entertainment Only".
[/b][/i]

Rebecca Mills

Post by Rebecca Mills » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you are all OK. There have been some recent developments with the documentary, I would be grateful if you wouldn't mind taking a look:

We have decided to take a broader look at the popularity of obtaining psychic guidance in the United States. In addition to speaking with people addicted to consulting psychics, we would also like to hear from those who believe they fall in the following category and are interested in finding out more about the show:

-  People who are new to psychic readings and have just started / considering to start using these services to help guide you.

- Those who very regularly consult a psychic, for what they consider essential readings. They have a healthy and beneficial relationship with their psychic guide(s); can afford the consultations and would be lost with out their genuine psychic advice and insight.

Thank you for your support,

Rebecca

Email: rebecca.mills@itn.co.uk

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:56 pm

The second criteria seems to refer to Spiritualism centres where psychic/mediumship messages are available at all their services.  While talking with a lawyer about our incorporation as a non-profit, charitable organization, I pointed out that Spiritualism also has a philosophy and welcomes science through Spiritualism.  And in this vein we could exist without the messages, but why would we want to - they are such fun and enlightening.

Does anyone truly need a message all the time?  I would say no.  On the other hand it is nice to be open and available for those who are practicing their own skills with mediumship.  

I find our Spiritualism centres more of a learning place than a readings for the sake of reading type of operation.

cherokeelady

Post by cherokeelady » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 am

A spiritual, shamanistic and conscious path is the Native American way of life.  It teaches us to rely on nature and to give thanks for those things given to us.  It is not an easy path to follow in this technological era we are in.  We all need to take time to look inside for what is truly right for us.  The answers we seek are there, we just need to look.

Return to “General Discussion”