Maybe
33%

Total votes: 12

swetha
Site Admin

Woman's Day

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 am

Do we really need a woman's day?
I don't know why I am getting so hyper about it.
Isn't everyday a woman's day?

In the past 2 hours I have received some 5 sms wishing me "Happy Woman's Day" and that too all from women.....

I feel like strangling all of them!

Or maybe my brain has gone bonkers :smt003

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:19 am

Yep we do :)

But don't just look at yourself and ask...Do I need a Woman's day?...If the answer is NO, I am content..then GREAT....but there is still a lot of woman out there who need focus.

From ancient times the males have been the controlling figure.
It has also been promoted through religions, and still is....many deny to have an equilibrium between the sexes.

Many company pay a lot more to a man doing the same job as a woman do, many company raise easier a man to a leading position then a woman.

Many a Husband stay in the tradition that the wife shall do all the housework, and if she have time to spare she might do the lawn and paint the house too :)

So a "Woman Day" is a day when we shall see if we have progressed something since last year...a day when we "put up goals" for the next step...a day to celebrate those small wins done...and so on.

We are all different....some woman (and males) want to bring the equality to far...after all we aren't unisex...we have differences....but these differences we shall be proud of....not try to remove....because then we make a lot of frustration from the silent majority.......the main thing to fight for is the mutual respect, and equal pay for equal job, regardless of what sex you have...it must be the persons ability that count, not the sex:)

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 am

Happy woman's day! Sorry, couldn't resist. I see no problem with having a woman's day. Maybe we could expand it to a day where women get to control everything, or more than a day if it works out well ;).

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:13 am

to all the women in our lives! HUGGGGGS

AyeCantSeeYou

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I had to vote NO on this one.

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 am

I personally don't feel the need for it in my own life, but I guess a lot of people do.  It sounds like it may be a little like Christmas for some of us that don't celebrate that holiday and get tired of having people talk about it all day long for two months beforehand!  But just like Christmas, this too shall pass...and we even get a full year between. :)

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 am

it is needed because men have forgotted that women are human beings.the survive in this world for women only.from the beginning till the end they are depended upon the women.
1.they need a mother to keep them in womb and also to bring them up.
2.if sister is there.then sister takes few of the responsibility
3.girlfriend ,to guide them
4.wife,to look after them
5.daughter,to look after father
6.grand daughter,who becomes the stick for them in old age.

from beginning till the end every men are debt to a women.women does all the things with love.but men totally forget this.to remind them that women are the all women's day is needed.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:51 am

we have woman's day, we have feminist genre of study, we have Women's Commission/Women Rights Commission.

i was wondering, why do we have women rights commission, while we already have human rights commission? aren't women human then?

Return to “General Discussion”