i liked it. what's your opinion?

http://www.mysticstudent.com/mystic-ebo ... in_god.pdf

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:25 am

yes.. I believe in God!

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 am

i believe more in godliness than in God.
I'm weird

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 am

sometimes i believe in god and sometimes not.actually i am partial about believing in god

nyx

Post by nyx » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:48 am

Honestly I'm not sure what I believe and do not believe. Do I believe in the possibility of a "higher being"? Maybe.

Lady Moira

lol

Post by Lady Moira » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11 am

I Believe that all paths lead to Rome, so there is no relevance if you turn to Him (or Her) through catholicism, islam, judaism, pagan, or so on...  in the end the fundamental and universal truths of ethics, moral and love stand alone and this is the grounding stone of all creation and for being able to believe (or to know that there is someone outthere).

So, to me it is not a belief; I do not only believe in God I KNOW Him, I know that He is there and His presence has always been noticeable in my life.  That is one of the things I am most grateful for.  ;)
Following the right path is never easy, but along the way you will find an endless number of friends and helping hands that will support and guide you.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 am

Lady Moira, you sound like the eccentric priest referred to in the book. read it you will like it. can you plz share how you notice Him in everyday life?
I'm weird

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Define God. =)
☼

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:20 pm

God is many things to many people.  And the thing is......they are all right.  Because God is the spirit in all things, God is available to all of us as we can understand the concept and existence of God.
God bless, J

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 am

There are no gods beyond those made ov human flesh.
There is no more divine potential than a human potential and let this be the mightiest ov all laws!

I hope I offend no-one with this post, but I do not believe in some almighty entity capable of creating the entire universe, as the universe has the power to create itself from nothing. But I do believe that we were created by a superior race of humanoids. After they saw our potential to become their successors, they let us live. Of course, this theory can be made-up, but it's far more scientifical and credible than We were made up of dirt.

But now, let me say: if GOD is The Human Spirit, then I DO believe in it.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Dionysus wrote:T
But now, let me say: if GOD is The Human Spirit, then I DO believe in it.
Gosh....will you downgrade GOD so much?

What have the Human race done to favour such a thought?

Mostly I can see greed, fighting for own gain and power....is the Human race anything better then any animal....

Yes you can say...they can think...they can evaluate...they can collect information....

Yea....they can.....but what are they doing with this information that gain the world...or rather earth?
Nothing....in our race for a better life, to be able to travel around the world when we shall have 14 days vacation, we are destroying the same world we are living in...we grab...we use...we throw.

I feel much more respect for the animals, they give from heart...they seldom kill for the fun of it....they live by the Nature...and die by the Nature.....but so will we.....because we are a part of it all....we are just a animal type that have got a bigger brain....but so far it has not done us so much good.....since there is to much difference in the world.....

From wiki...
One hundred million children are living on the streets and 1.2 billion people are subsisting on less than a dollar a day.

At the same time, the world's 200 richest citizens are enjoying a combined wealth of more than $1,000bn.

So I think I agree with Spiritalk...You find the source of God in us all....every living thing as well as any creation...none of us is God...but combined we might give a picture of God, or its force.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:05 pm

I don't BELIEVE in God I KNOW God.
God bless, J

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 am

God is more a feeling than an entity. God is more something than someone. God is more power than a power endowing figure. God is more a will than a wish-fulfiller. God is more a prayer than the prayed.

this is how i know Him.
I'm weird

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm

As much as I love humanity and our planet Earth, I still cannot agree with God. I know, I may be young, and inexperienced. But I've read the bible,(and it seems to be full of sci-fi - my personal opinion) while most people who believe in god, at least those whom I know, did not.

Now, about the forum: the advice here is invaluable, the people are wise and kind, and when I joined, I did because it promoted spirituality, magic, and everything that is my passion. Skeptics were even invited to post their opinion for a healthy debate, if I remember correctly. But in this case, I'm not skeptical, I'm just a non-believer. An atheist who seeks spiritual balance. I can't even call myself a full atheist, because of my visions on spirituality. But now, I know I joined a Mystic forum, not a Christian forum. Please, do not make me feel unwelcome.

Also, my system of beliefs is orbiting around this concept: "When you believe in something, you give it power. With power it evolves. When evolved, it will be materialized." Believing this, my life improved a lot. When I was a christian, I was having a really low opinion about myself, and a low self-esteem. Changing my belief helped me changed in better. And my life continuously improves.

I'm not an elitist preaching that religion is evil. Because if it helps you, it's something very good. I know people who love god and live a content life. But I also know people who give too much of their mental energy to God and are lost. (My 23 year old cousin was fanatically religious, and now she has generalized cancer - her whole family is fanatically religious and their prayers do not reach God's ears. Even if they love god more than they love themselves.) Believing in my spirit helped me heal some of my close ones, while draining my energy away, and if I wasn't afraid of the negative energy of cancer, I would try this procedure on my cousin. Of course, it all may be in my head, but as I've said previously: believe and it materializes.

As a general advice: Believe in God, or believe in yourself, or believe in both or any other thing, as long as it does you good and helps you in your life!

If this post offends someone, I will delete it. If it doesn't, I will only delete this last paragraph. I also do not like to talk that much about myself, but given the reason that I do not know any of you in real person, this is my only option left.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

No it is not offence...and you do the right thing....in order to develop your understanding you need to discuss....you need to say your opinion...and then listen to what comes back....which not always will be what you think...but if it speaks tru to you...then you have learned something...if you don't find anything true in it...you have only strengthen your own belief.

I think you might mistake what we call GOD.....it is not the same as the Christian GOD...or any Religions GOD.....because if God was one of them, he could not be one of the other...OR HE MIGHT BE THEM ALL.

But if he is them all...then he might also be the god to any animal....the GOD to any tree...and so on.

We...or I believe that GOD is the Creator of all this, we are a part of its energies...we carry both God and Lucifer in us, but both are a definition don by humans...GOD stays for the the good thing in LIFE....Lucifer stay for the bad thing, and together they create equilibrium.

You can never acheive all good....neither all bad....but we ourself must try to move toward the good because that give positive energies which gives you surplus....to go the negative way burn your energies, even if you shortly has a gain.

So we are not discussing God in Religion...we are discussing God in creation....or at least I am :)

Return to “General Discussion”