What is insecurity? and is it something we shall bother to work with?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rhutobello

What is insecurity? and is it something we shall bother to work with?

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm

I point to this, and I think we all need to evaluate our stand here, and maybe improve our life quality.

http://geniustypes.com/signs_of_insecurity/

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 pm

I don't really know what to say, except express my agreement with insecurity being a general issue in life.

I do know that as we grow, we develop a basic outlook on life as well as strategies to cope with it based on the outlook. Changing your outlook will invariably mean changing your strategies, but these strategies have long since developed into egos, and like all living beings they will fight if threatened.

When the demon rules supreme, it stays quiet. It only shows when it is threatened. When people (re)act in a way that makes their insecurity show, it means their old, destructive patterns are threatened by new perspectives. It is actually a good thing, especially when others are aware of it.

That's my take on it, anyway...

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 pm

insecurity is a feeling deep-rooted in the subconscious mind. no. no one can work with it. one has to understand how to overcome their insecurity.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 am

With self confidence and a positive outlook towards life, you will be able to overcome insecurity. maybe it will come and go but only for a temporary period.

How does one deal with insecurity in relationships?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 am

insecurity is the fear to lose. it does not depend on the real posibilities of success or failure. it depends on your your assumptions. and assumptions are influenced by mentality as well as the current state of mind. you may feel insecure with the very same thing, about which you were once very confident.  

the concept of insecurity in case of relationships is not different, but takes into account something more. insecurity is a sign of the intensity of involvement in a relationship, they say. no relationship comes with a guarantee/warrantee. chances of failure is always there. so, whether or not to feel insecure depends on how you look at it and how you care.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 am

swetha wrote:
How does one deal with insecurity in relationships?
When it comes to relationship, then it our Trust that is important.

If we are able to Trust our Partner, then we are confident.

If we are not able to Trust our partner, we become in unrest, and slowly (or even fast) will destroy our relationship.

Insecurity in itself is in my opinion "Little or NO trust in ONESELF"

If you know your own worth, then it is not important that you don't win each time, that you might be rejected, that life aren't all about you....you are secure that you are you!.........and this we might through exercises and work be able to learn....so yes....I think we shall work with our insecurity to get rid of it...or at least lessen it!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am

well said rhuto :) I was telling Abhishek exactly the same thing today morning but only in different words :)

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:20 am

Rhutobello wrote:
Insecurity in itself is in my opinion "Little or NO trust in ONESELF"

If you know your own worth, then it is not important that you don't win each time, that you might be rejected, that life aren't all about you....you are secure that you are you!.........and this we might through exercises and work be able to learn....so yes....I think we shall work with our insecurity to get rid of it...or at least lessen it!
I just came across this post when I was looking for something else.
and it is only now I understand what you mean :)
It is easy to become indifferent and avoid it, but just a little bit difficult to overcome it and gain peace of mind.
Thanks Rhuto :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Sometimes the older posts do it for us - experience is teaching the lessons needed.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 am

Yes.. and when you actually understand, you feel the calmness from inside :) That's why I love MB :) you dont know where you will find the answers unexpectedly.

iamjennamia

Self Confidence

Post by iamjennamia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Building self confidence is the key to spiritual, mental, and physical health.  The way to build self confidence is doing things your not sure you can do.  Doing things your sure you can do, like drinking a beer, won't improve matters.  So the way to build self confidence is doing things you're not sure you can do.  Whatever it is, the trick is to stop thinking about it and do it.  Seize the day and things will become easier and easier.  To keep your self confidence, keep giving yourself new challenges, making sure they are new ones and not the same old tricks in new disguises.  

thoughts from the book "Das Energi"  by Paul Williams  (an amazing book)

Return to “General Discussion”