WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU GET ANGRY?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sweet doll

WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU GET ANGRY?

Post by sweet doll » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:50 am

many people throw things or use abusive words when they angry or do many things which i do not know. all members of this forum tell me what you do when you get angry?

like i do not have my food when i get angry

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:09 am

I count till 10 and try to cool down or just walk away :)

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm

I cry when I reach my boiling point. It is how I release the tension so I don't unleash the inner monster who is sleeping.

I too will not eat. My stomach just feels full, and I do not want to eat.

When I was younger I used to scream and beat the crap out of my peers who taunted me. With age I have seen that this was wrong.

I will also call my dear friends to just distract me so I do not release that side of me.  It is good to have a support group.

I also take medication for my mood swings, so that in turn helps with anger issues. I do not get angry very often. And when I do I have learned things through the W.R.A.P. program that helps with triggers that set me off.

Those are just some things I do when I am angry.

Safe Journey
I drempt that I was one of a million pieces only to find myself whole in everything I looked at. Only to re-shatter the memory.

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm

When I'm angry... I listen to good music, and the anger just fades away
No link in signatures or post!

firefly43210

Post by firefly43210 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 pm

i just light a cig !!
Dorosith Volmaya

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 am

it depends on who or what causes anger. circumstances also matter. i try to ignore things, as if nothing has happened.
I'm weird

Oxyman

Post by Oxyman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:40 am

I used to turn red and curse,  yell, and worse - too embarrassing to say... but now that I don;t drink alcohol and have learnt to live in the moment and look at the situation from all angles I am usually quiet , but am stilk known to react loud and with vulgarity  - overall I prefer to avoid it, walk away from it.
Happy, fun loving, over experienced, great judge of character, giving, caring, love animals, ornithology, Sea, true will set free, be nice to everyone cuz you really never know who will help you.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 am

Why dont people usually walk away but end up saying things that hurt?

Oxyman

Post by Oxyman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 pm

cuz they are weak. I used to do it all of the time.  If you only knew the previous ass I used to work for.  Sad to admit it was a friend too, total psycho, sociopath!!!  

Drugs and booze would only fuel his rage and imagine someone who already inheritantly did not know how to treat people, had massive confidence issues , and would yell and curse at you in public places.  at work, all of the time.

I would ask him why he was so angry and to be nice .. and he told us to leave if we did not like it. It was crazy.  

I will credit this prick with making me nicer.  
swetha wrote:Why dont people usually walk away but end up saying things that hurt?
Happy, fun loving, over experienced, great judge of character, giving, caring, love animals, ornithology, Sea, true will set free, be nice to everyone cuz you really never know who will help you.

jenniferi

Post by jenniferi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:55 am

Depends on the company I am with. That determines my comfort level on how to respond.

If I am at work, and become angry.....I leave the room or go for a brisk walk.

I have had this happen a couple times when I would have to exit someone from shelter for violating what few rules we had. They then turn their anger on us advocates, and well......they say things they regret the next day. It is best that I walk away rather than engage in the verbal abuse.

:smt018
Jennifer
Virtual-Assistant-Advocate

Return to “General Discussion”