MysticScripts.com - Relaunched In a New Look!

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

MysticScripts.com - Relaunched In a New Look!

Post by swetha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Mystic Scripts

The MysticBoard.com Team is proud to announce the fresh and new look of MysticScripts.com. After months of hard work and hours of research, we have relaunched FREE Mystic Games & self tests for one and all.

Enjoy amazing 400 + FREE mystic games, and get FREE Readings in Astrology, Tarot, Numerology, Psychic, Compatibility, Feng Shui, Palmistry, Zodiac, Runes, Dreams, Kabbalah, Divination & lots more.Take these mystic tests and improve your mystic knowledge with our Dictionaries & Learning Tools.

Do give us your feedback and report bugs in this thread so that we can make your experience more enjoyable.

Visit MysticScripts.com Now!!
Last edited by swetha on Fri May 20, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

I do have a problem with the Mystic Scripts Online Library

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Swetha, :smt006

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 exclusively as my web browser, and since these changes to the Mystic Scripts Online Library have come into effect, virtually anything is likely to happen when I either first log on to the forums or alternately refresh the page.

Sometimes everything appears as it always has, but at other times the writing is scrambled, rearranged or completely fills the top half of my computer's 22 inch LCD wide-screen monitor (as it is doing now), forcing the actual forums themselves out of normal scrolling range.

I also find that while the site has always been fairly slow since you first introduced the big purple area, this new development frequently slows it down further to not much more than a painful crawl. I have even suffered connection time outs on several occasions.

It is not that my computer's graphics hardware is lacking in fire power or memory, and the entire system with its three operating systems has been thoroughly scanned for viruses and malware using the very latest references.

Also the 4 GB of system RAM handles much more graphics intensive sites than your own with relative ease, so there could either be a bug in the interface (I am not a computer programmer or web designer) or perhaps there is a way of optimising it to be more compatible with all the more popular browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc, etc and so forth).

Also there are members who use the Mac and Linux.

This is not a task that I would like to tackle myself in trying to streamline the site and make it run more smoothly on everyone's computers, but I am eternally grateful that there are people with the skills and willingness to do this on our behalf.

Hoping that my technical feedback in some small way helps these brave souls on the MysticBoard.com Team of wizards, to do what seems impossible to the rest of us mere mortals.

My sincere regards to all,

eye_of_tiger :smt003

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 am

thank you for your feedback. we will look into it :)

Abhishek
Site Admin

Re: I do have a problem with the Mystic Scripts Online Library

Post by Abhishek » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 am

Hi eye_of_tiger,

Firstly, thanks for your feedback. We hope with your help can fix whatever it is.
eye_of_tiger wrote:I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 exclusively as my web browser,
Personally, even i use the same browser as you. but as is normal practice while coding we check for compatibility issues across browsers ranging from ie to chrome to safari to firefoc and even mobile browsers. and specifically in case of ie we even go back to ie6 which has the most number of issues.
eye_of_tiger wrote:Sometimes everything appears as it always has, but at other times the writing is scrambled, rearranged or completely fills the top half of my computer's 22 inch LCD wide-screen monitor (as it is doing now), forcing the actual forums themselves out of normal scrolling range.
I would please request you to send me some screen shots with the problems happening that would give us additional pointers to the problem because are are being unable to duplicate them here.

From what I can understand is that specially in regards to scrambling is that there maybe issues with character encoding but after your report we even checked that and the same encoding seems to have been used in all sites.

if possible please send us the screen shots...

eye_of_tiger wrote:I also find that while the site has always been fairly slow since you first introduced the big purple area, this new development frequently slows it down further to not much more than a painful crawl. I have even suffered connection time outs on several occasions.
Yes, i agree the slowness has been a bane for long time... MB needs a new lease of life is form of software and hardware upgrades. we are doing our best but it seems there is much more to be done.

Thanks again for your input. we are eagerly waiting for screen shots from you.

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback and help.

Abhishek

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Four screenshots of the Mystic Scripts Online Library

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Abhishek,

Sorry that I have taken so long to respond to this as the effect is quite random, and I also cannot produce it on demand.

I have attached four different versions of the Mystic Scripts Online library's appearance for your viewing.

There are others, but I think that these are enough for you to get the general idea.

Notice also that in all four of them my eye_of_tiger link is squashed up at the very top of the purple area.  

I can often change from one to the other variation by simply refreshing the browser, using either the refresh button or F5 on my computer's keyboard.

No I cannot explain any of it either.

Hoping that this helps your technical experts to track down what the problem might be, as it is very distracting to see this occurring every time I revisit the site.

EoT  :smt017
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Further to solving this problem I have since tested this out in Internet Explorer 7 as well as Opera 11, and the picture is completely different from what is happening in Firefox 3.6.13.

And this is not because of some extension I am using, as the same thing happens when running FF in safe mode. A similar rendering problem is happening on other sites as well, so it appears that Firefox is the most likely culprit.

Note that although the screens cycle through the different methods of divination in both IE and Opera as they also do in Firefox, eye_of_tiger is now back where it should be to the right of the words Log out.

Anyway for what these are worth I have attached the screen shots for both IE 7 and Opera 11, and will continue to investigate what it is about my browser's configuration which is so different from your own.

Will get back to you ASAP if I can find what that difference is, as this is affecting many other sites other than this one but I still prefer to use Firefox any day.

From one very puzzled and highly embarrassed member and reader,

EoT  :smt009
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

The problem has been fixed at least for now

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 am

I have finally worked out what is happening to cause this problem, but only in Firefox.

For this site it was that the minimum font size had been set at Verdana 14, forcing the browser to adjust to a fixed size font regardless of the site designer's intended layout.

However for another page I was having a similar problem with, removing the minimum font size made no visible difference.

For Nine MSN News Australia for example, the issue was caused by a Firefox extension I use called Redirect Remover.

So as you can clearly see the problems on each site may or may not be related to each other, making tracking them down infinitely more difficult than than it might have been if there was only one single problem causing all of them.

What's new?

I am continuing to explore each problem page in turn, but at least with reference to the Mystic Scripts Online library and the appearance of the graphics on Mystic Boards, the problem seems to have fixed at least for now.

What might happen when I eventually update to Firefox 4x (they are now up to Beta 12) is anybody's guess, so please stay tuned.

Thanking you for your patience and help.

EoT Image

PS: I have since gone back and deleted all my JPG attachments, in order to reduce the space required to store this thread in the forum database.

Return to “General Discussion”