Karma - product of one's mind?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

larsson

Karma - product of one's mind?

Post by larsson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 am

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking of karma lately and wanted share my thoughts and hopefully reads yours.

Karma& general idea

I have lately been thinking of Karma. In general most people seem to agree to the fact that what goes around comes back around to one.For example, if someone does bad to another person then the deed caused to the other person will eventually come back to the initiator. Moreover, I have seen this happen to many a people.

A soldier's view

Now, I was watching on Youtube a video about the word's most elite military team. One of the retired soldier said ; They don't think of what is right or wrong, karma , killing a life and etc... the only thing that matters to them is accomplishing the team's mission, which in this case might be killing a terrorist and return back home safe and sound without any casualties.

Thoughts
Can we say that those persons , like the soldier above, that keep the concept of karma out of their system will not be affected of it? - Obviously, the soldier does not think that , "OK, I have killed this terrorist and now the moral and mental consequences will catch me ... eventually.... even though I did it for a good reason".

Anti-karma example

My dad's business partner betrayed him when he he need most support. My dad needed a knee surgery and I was overseas.The knee surgery meant 6 months period of rehabilitation.Just after my dad had his knee surgery, his business partner come home and acted out as everything was alright and he stood with my dad shoulder-to-shoulder.Both of them had 50-50 shares.

Well... weeks later he had opened a new firm, transferred all the assets to his own firm without my dad's signature, played a drama at the bank to release the funds so that he could transfer them to other accounts.In short, it was a well-planned betrayal and he wanted to ensure my family ended on the street homeless and without any funds. The legal system didn't give my dad justice.A stack of dollar bills at several important offices must have made sure everything went smooth for the business partner. My dad got nothing ... no justice.

Today, after a couple of years , his former business partner is making 4x more money than my dad. Some persons that worked for this business partner have returned to my dad's own firm.They say the business partner does not believe in karma... he did what was right. A proper business decision.

It was because of this situation that made me think of whether karma can be thought of a disease in the body.As long as it is inside the body, it surely does cause havoc...and if it is not inside the body then the body is well.

What are your thoughts after reading this thread on karma?

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Like natural law, karma works!  It is the unseen energy of the laws of life.  Karma response to our thoughts, words, deeds works whether we acknowledge it or not.
God bless, J

hotwayld quite

Post by hotwayld quite » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 pm

karmical :)
hotwayld

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Karma is a law like gravity, even those who don't know that this law exist are afected by it. And karma it's not only a punishment or a reward, is a lesson for us to understant how it is to walk in others shoes.
But karma is more complex, it doesn't acts instantly. Sometimes it could pass years, decades or even centuries  to recive back the efect of our actions.

In the case of those soldiers the only acceptable case to take the life of others is in self defence or in defence of others. How much was self defence their job is another discution.
In the case of your father his lesson is not to betray another even if he was betrayed and even if his former partner earns 4 times more . The former partner will get his share of betrayel at the right time so he can walk in the others shoes to understand that betrayel is not a good thing
Last edited by Cyrenius on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsson

Post by larsson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 pm

good post Cyrenius.

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

I think karma exist. It may not come straight away, as it can take years. But eventually it will come
Link Edited. contact admin for more info.

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you larsson. I hope it was usefull
Last edited by Cyrenius on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srivijai

Post by srivijai » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 am

For soldiers it is the duty they have to do
For your fathers situation it is either your fathers previous karma is working now or the former business partners dasa presently playing is good for him  If we are honest, believe on sathyam  there is victory standing before us always
regards
vijayan
Astrology is a miracle Try to find out the destination Let us all make use of it and get benefited

Cyrenius

Post by Cyrenius » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Regardles if it is their duty or not that doesn't mean that it doesn't generates karma

Phoen!x

Post by Phoen!x » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Cyrenius wrote: Sometimes it could pass years, decades or even centuries  to recive back the efect of our actions.
I think that's how it works Cyrenius. I've seen a couple of people in my life who have done the meanest of acts and still are a happy & successful lot. But tell me, isn't it unfair for a person to pay for his/her karma after decades or centuries? I mean I might have became a completely new person in my new life.
People look beautiful when they smile. Make sure you make someone smile today. :)

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:20 am

I, for one, agree with the original poster:

Karma - like Heaven and Hell - is a tool constructed for social control and exists only in ones own mind.

Essentially, the belief that good actions yield good results and bad actions yield bad results is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is the BELIEF that it is true that allows it to work.

This is why you have good people with bad karma: you can do all the good you possibly can, but unless you believe and feel that you deserve good things, they will not come - ever.

On the other hand, if you're a spoiled brat that takes good things for granted, then those good things flow easily towards you - regardless of your evil actions.

The only mitigating factor is that humans have a conscience and therefore commiting "evil" acts will cause them to feel bad, possibly question themselves, which, in turn, can cause them to develop a sense of "karma", at which point they'll be hit by it.

Hypothetically, you could use cognitive dissonance (psychological term) as a tool in achieving good karma;

Every day when you wake up and before going to bed, repreat to yourself over and over for a few minutes, "I have good karma and good things will come to me" whilst imagining those good things. Do this for 3 weeks and you will have created a habit of believing good things are coming to you. In fact I'm going to do this myself, starting now.

I'll let you know how it goes. :)
☼

Duchess1964

Karma?

Post by Duchess1964 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:29 am

I believe we have a path to follow ... a Karma to adjust and learn from and thru.  However, my faith and beliefs are different from what the Gods say to others.  So ... Karma leads me to believe that to each his own *s*.
Silver Phoenix

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

I think karma is upon our hand. As you shaw so you reap.

Duchess1964

Post by Duchess1964 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:21 pm

It's like saying .. what goes around, comes around.  That, in essence is what Karma is.  It's a law of return.  If you paint to someone something bad or self serving, you will not benefit in the long run.  While the partner has the 4x more income, is he really happy in what he's done.  With people leaving him because of his business dealings, there will come a time when he will reap what he has sown.  It is my hope that your father is wiser now and has learned from the karma he was visited with and trusts within a measure of safety.  Good luck to you
Silver Phoenix

Return to “General Discussion”