Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Moonstar88

PRAYER AND CANCER HEALING

Post by Moonstar88 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 am

levydin

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 am

I have visited your sites and it helps me a lot.

Moonstar88

Post by Moonstar88 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am

symulhaque welcome dear
levydin

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you Moonstar88 for giving reply. love you.

Duchess1964

A Lot ...

Post by Duchess1964 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 pm

A lot has been done to the study of cancer. Then research and crying a such for those that are sick.  I think, though that some focus needs to be made on those that actually made the sacrifice with their lives to assist in the furtherment of the research.  Most cancer is curable now if caught early enough.  Only a fool allows signs to be ignored.
Silver Phoenix

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 am

I think, though that some focus needs to be made on those that actually made the sacrifice with their lives to assist in the furtherment of the research.
Duchess,

Please hold on there! :smt009

I am not so sure that many families would appreciate or find any sense of comfort in the idea that their loved one sacrificed his or her life only for the good of research.

I think in contrast that more focus needs to be given to the people who beat the statistics, and survived in spite of all the doom and gloom predictions of their doctors.

Why did they make it when so many did not?

What is it which is different about them which was not true about the others who died?

Was it positive thinking, health foods, increased exercise and meditation, or just plain good luck that kept them here? Or all of the above and more?

Similarly we are likely to learn much more of lasting value from people who were HIV positive then later spontaneously became HIV negative about how to successfully treat this disease, than we ever will from the people who went on to develop full blown AIDS, and died.
Most cancer is curable now if caught early enough.

Many cancers do not give any symptoms until they are already highly advanced, and have metastasized or spread to distant major organs such as the patient's liver. Two good examples of this are bowel and ovarian cancer which can remain slow growing and symptom less over many years. Therefore most types of cancers are not caught at an early enough stage to be easily accessible and/or treatable.

You can never actually talk about curing cancer, because potentially any cell in your body could become cancerous and spread no matter how effective your treatment seems to have been in one area.

My wife and I are thinking positively that her cancer will not come back, but at the same time we are being realistic as well and we and her doctors will need to be extremely vigilant for the rest of her life, just in case one malignant cell gets past her immune system and you know the rest of it.

"Cured" often means that the person survived for at least five years after their initial diagnosis. If they die the next day, according to this they have still been cured. :smt120
Only a fool allows signs to be ignored.
A very sweeping and with respect insensitive statement for you to make. My wife is not a fool and I feel that a large proportion of cancer victims are highly intelligent. But it is human nature to avoid having what we are frightened about fully investigated just in case it might turn out to be cancer, which many well meaning people have told us is a death sentence. Avoidance of facing the possibility of what we most fear and ignoring all the signs is a powerful and very commonly used psychological defense mechanism.

In some people it has become their only psychological defense mechanism. But this does not automatically make them foolish: only fallibly human like the rest of us. I was the one who in the end who drew my wife's symptoms to the attention of her GP, and in doing may have saved her life. Sometimes we need to have someone other than ourselves to help us to get us past our psychological defences long enough to be able get something practical done about it, before it could be too late.

Food for thought?

EoT   :smt115

Duchess1964

OMG

Post by Duchess1964 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:21 pm

I knew I should have phrased it differently.  In the early 1900's, they discovered that the 'wasting disease' was more in line with a 'body bug'.  Seeking those being hit by this type of issue, many physicians at that time put out a desire for those willing, to 'donate' their time to researching some type of cure or assistance.  I wasn't talking about those today ... I was referring to those that put forward their loved ones with the hope that they would help fashion some kind of cure.

Today, things are very different.  I have sat on a couple of people as they transitioned to God.  Many of them had cancer.  One was a child.  I definitely feel for those afflicted with that disease as well as their family.

Thank you for pointing out my posting error.
Silver Phoenix

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

What was our problem or misunderstanding?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 am

Duchess,

Please do not give it another thought.

I feel that our temporary problem was due to a combination of a misunderstanding on my part about whether you were taking about the present or the past with these sacrificial patients (the early 1900s), plus the fact that I have understandably been so deeply affected by my wife's still recent close call with advanced cancer to the extent that I am now over-sensitive to anything which could be even slightly interpreted as criticism or discrimination of her or other cancer patients, or their carers.

Not that I needed this confirmed for me, but at least it proves that I am still emotionally alive, and fallibly human.  :smt009

It seems these days that the preferred treatment for virtually any disease or unwanted condition is for the doctors to develop a vaccine against it and to immunise the person. So they are developing a vaccine for everything from HIV to pregnancy.

But with some rare exceptions cancer is neither infectious nor spread from one person to another, so it cannot normally be immunised against. Not everything is therefore caused by a bug. In fact most modern diseases are more related to our unnatural, unhealthy lifestyle, and in particular what we eat (or do not eat that we should).

The current research approach towards cancer is to take some of the excess load off the patient's immune system by immunising them against the most common diseases and medical conditions, in the hope that the freed up energy and the body's extra healing resource will now become available to fight the cancer instead.

Another much more promising and carefully targeted cutting edge strategy is to attempt to develop a vaccine against that person's own tumour, which would not work on any other tumour which they might have in other areas, or with any other person's cancer.

Only in the very early development stages yet, but this sounds to me like the Holy Grail of cancer therapy for the future. No chance of rejection when the cells come from your own body?

Life is just too short and precious to worry any more about our temporary misunderstanding.

BTW what was our problem or misunderstanding, as it has suddenly and permanently escaped my memory?

EoT  :smt017  :smt002  :smt002

Duchess1964

LOL

Post by Duchess1964 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 am

Misunderstand?  I have no idea to which you are referring ... Thank you all the same.
Silver Phoenix

Return to “General Discussion”