A question.

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vivekvshetty

A question.

Post by vivekvshetty » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Namaskaar All,
I have raised this question in many other forums and alway got some very enlightening answers. This being a forum for mystics of all shades and hues is the best fora i feel to raise this question again.
my question is simple and very basic:

What is Life?

Ofcourse i have my own definition but will post it later, please participate.

vivek
To be a person is to be asleep.

Rohiniranjan

Re: A question.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar All,
I have raised this question in many other forums and alway got some very enlightening answers. This being a forum for mystics of all shades and hues is the best fora i feel to raise this question again.

What is Life?

vivek

Being a scientist, I will give that perspective, as best as I can, at least beginning with scientific perspective:

Life is the confluence of all the rules of nature which human beings compart-MENTALize for ease of understanding and description, hence those are called disciplines, such as physics, chemistry which are the infrastructures of what we call biology.

As life and lifeforms get more complex, such as in a cat or a human, the awareness increases and responses mature. The awareness and response are present in a lowly one celled amoeba or a virus or bacterium too, but limited. At least as can be examined objectively.

The increasing awareness as the complexity of the organism increases leads to division of labour (like in a hydra) and specialization in body organs and systems.

It gets more complex as the organism becomes more complex and grows. It is beautifully seen in a developing human embryo which exhibits the resemblance to earlier species (Ontogeny repeats phyllogeny - Development of the individual shows its developmental stages that resemble primitive species or rather chain of species).

Even in the grown human the internal cells seem to have an innate intelligence, such as soldier cells killing foreign invading infectious organisms through sensing (chemoceptive mechanisms) although they can get mislaid and begin killing the cells of the body leading to autoimmune diseases, like a coup-d'etat.

All science can really explain is about the physical structures, funtions and this amorphous thing called mind which is the projection of the walnut like structure called brain which connects through electricity and chemicals, just as similar linkages exist in the rest of the body!

Then comes the inevitable moment of death! When a healthy man dies in his sleep, science can often tell exactly the moment of death when all electrical flows stop, but no significant difference between the body and its cells, one moment prior to death and one moment after death.

Life is that 'something' that shows its existence through the billion dollar Robot (were we to create a working replica of a human being, whose constituents (chemicals, parts) have been costed at less than 25 dollars if bought from chemical suppliers!). When it is gone, unless heavily insured for life, the deadbody is worth nothing, and may actually cost (funeral costs are sky-rocketing! Sorry to get a bit morbid :-))

So, then what is life? Where is its battery that boots the system and makes it come alive? Is it a solar-powered expensive toy that we humans are??

Life is that DIVINE BREATH which when flows through this flute (body) with many holes and *gaps* (deficiencies!), MUSIC happens! Science cannot explain it and therefore adamently and myopically closes its mind to such ORIGINal questions and quests! Science does, but not all scientists do...

Love and Light and Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 am

I believe that life is the spark that gives us individuality and purpose.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Rohiniranjan ji a scientist by choice but a Bhakta by heart (no choice here) and suzisco ji very pithy and to the point, expected more from the creator of Havoc (Rudra?).

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:44 am

vivekvshetty wrote:Rohiniranjan ji a scientist by choice but a Bhakta by heart (no choice here) and suzisco ji very pithy and to the point, expected more from the creator of Havoc (Rudra?).
Thanks! So I said it is 'electricity' (in manifestation) and Suzisco said it is a spark.

Now someone should tell you where this spark comes from and enters or arises in the developing embryo, at what stage and when? For astrologers, knowing that would be a very useful epoch, understandably! Just saying, it comes from God may be correct but not a complete answer...!  :smt004

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 am

The question of when do we become human is interesting. By law it's not untill the baby is born however we know that babies can survive early birth and have functioning brains from early on in development.   Where does the spark come from?  It comes from our parents, it's part of the hormonal soup that surrounds us during development.   The romantic part of me says its created by the love we have for our unborn child and the spark contains our hopes and aspirations for the baby.

I usually give straight and short answers but out of respect to vivekvshetty I made this one longer.

Kind regards

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 am

here by law the baby is classed as a baby is 24gestation, but I feel it is human the moment the baby is the thought, as to me life is energy (like Susico) i believe, as soon as a baby is thought of, all energy is focused on bringing that baby together, the second the mother is pregnant, life has begun completely, this is the miracle of life, to grow, to develop, we are forever evolving, even after birth, science to me can't explain why one person thinks differently to the next. Life is energy, it is temporary, it is evolving all the time. Life is a miracle, and it is a gift. we walk this path knowing that one day we will return, our spirit within is ever lasting.

Life just is.
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

vivekvshetty

Thank you all.

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 am

A 'Thank you' to all three. I think what all three of you are saying is that life begets life and there is no clear demarcation as to where a new life begins and it is a series. If we retrace we will have to go right up to the start which is in the realm of speculation.  

What i meant to ask is what is this life, this unmistakable feeling of being alive and also feeling it throbbing and pulsating everywhere around us.

btw some Tantrics believe that originally there was only the female of the species and reproduction was parthenogenetic and it was only because of the danger of annihilation of the species in case of genetic mutation that the male evolved as an afterthought. The Male was to only intermix genetic material so that the species grows stronger by the survival of the fittest genes which evolved by this inter mingling.

My many other friends are missing in this discussion and i miss their presence.

vivek

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 am

What i meant to ask is what is this life, this unmistakable feeling of being alive and also feeling it throbbing and pulsating everywhere around us.
I know now its the realisation that we arent alone, the energy of earth and everything in it surrounds us, its the energy in which we breathe, the sights we see, there is no better feeling than witnessing miracles in the every day witnessing a child being born, giving birth (there is no words that explain that moment when you first lay eyes on your child, and I have been blessed with 3) it is in the big miracles and even the small things like a stranger giving another a smile, never realising that it may be the only smile that person has had all day) its in the humanity of people, that sadly nowadays takes a tragedy for people to realise it is still alive.

Life is all encompassing. I guess to sum it up, Life is in the human spirit of each person, we are meant to feel and to live, each persons energies contribute to how it affects the next person, we can feel joy, we can feel miracles. I don't know where we begin, and where we may end, but to know that each walk on this earth is temporary, and that we are part of this miracle that is earth, spiritually I feel the energies of the earth and people. I thank the miracles that surrounds me.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm

suzisco wrote:The question of when do we become human is interesting. By law it's not untill the baby is born however we know that babies can survive early birth and have functioning brains from early on in development.   Where does the spark come from?  It comes from our parents, it's part of the hormonal soup that surrounds us during development.   The romantic part of me says its created by the love we have for our unborn child and the spark contains our hopes and aspirations for the baby.

I usually give straight and short answers but out of respect to vivekvshetty I made this one longer.

Kind regards

Suzi

Dear Suzi,

This topic intrigues all of us, quite obviously! Please take my following comments not as a critique of what you or others shared but merely additional comments on the topic :-)

Law varies from country to country. In Canada there has been raging quite heated word-wars in the courts of law as to when does the growing embryo becomes a legally-idependent entity and has individual rights (the context was about when is an abortion in legalese homicide). The war rages on, and is not something new, here or anywhere else. Parents simply provide the form and not the 'content' in the sense that we are discussing: LIFE!

Now, it seems that we are really describing the 'life time' which incorporates purpose, hopes, aspirations and in some unfortunate cases the negation of all those. However, those expressing the negative states are also alive and hence do contain the 'LIFE' that we started our exchange of views about.

What we are discussing (LIFE and its source) are neither physical, nor poetic or romantic but really the MYSTICAL attribute that keeps us ALIVE or rather makes us come alive: L-I-F-E

Like most such discussions, semantics have and will get in the way :-) Let us just marvel in the fact that to each of us *LIFE* will mean a variety of things. It has been stated rightly that Variety is the spice of LIFE!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Spiritwhisperer wrote:
I know now its the realisation that we arent alone, the energy of earth and everything in it surrounds us, its the energy in which we breathe, the sights we see, there is no better feeling than witnessing miracles in the every day witnessing a child being born, giving birth (there is no words that explain that moment when you first lay eyes on your child, and I have been blessed with 3) it is in the big miracles and even the small things like a stranger giving another a smile, never realising that it may be the only smile that person has had all day) its in the humanity of people, that sadly nowadays takes a tragedy for people to realise it is still alive.

Life is all encompassing. I guess to sum it up, Life is in the human spirit of each person, we are meant to feel and to live, each persons energies contribute to how it affects the next person, we can feel joy, we can feel miracles. I don't know where we begin, and where we may end, but to know that each walk on this earth is temporary, and that we are part of this miracle that is earth, spiritually I feel the energies of the earth and people. I thank the miracles that surrounds me.
Not just at birth (btw, I loved your sharings on this topic, SW!), but sometimes a lot earlier. Our first precious one was a miscarriage. Spontaneous miscarriages in very early gestation period is no big deal statistically (odds ratio of 1:5 epidemiologically!), but the thought haunted both of our minds as to who or what would have become of it had LIFE fully entered that little but hardly imaginary little human that we both tried to bring into this world with lot of love, and attachment that we felt, long before we saw it: DEAD!)

Perhaps I have misunderstood Vivek's question. LIFE has many connotations. For some it may mean what is also called a 'lifetime', as in the life of Mahatma Gandhi or of Sri Aurobindo, etc. What I was thinking about was LIFE itself, the primal divine breath that makes the otherwise dead body come alive! The primal force, the Elan vitale as some call it!

Love and Light and Life!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Re: Thank you all.

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:16 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:A 'Thank you' to all three. I think what all three of you are saying is that life begets life and there is no clear demarcation as to where a new life begins and it is a series. If we retrace we will have to go right up to the start which is in the realm of speculation.  

btw some Tantrics believe that originally there was only the female of the species and reproduction was parthenogenetic and it was only because of the danger of annihilation of the species in case of genetic mutation that the male evolved as an afterthought. The Male was to only intermix genetic material so that the species grows stronger by the survival of the fittest genes which evolved by this inter mingling.

vivek
Hi Vivek,

Just responded to Spiritwhishperer, before I read this post. Like you, I was also tuning into the same thing. That which is present in the body one moment before Death, but not there anymore, one moment after death!

What is *THAT* which most of us alive possess but not when the body dies!

WHAT IS IT? :-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

MisterMarine0

Re: A question.

Post by MisterMarine0 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:28 am

vivekvshetty wrote:Namaskaar All,

What is Life?

vivek
Life is the time frame from birth to death.

vivekvshetty

Re: Thank you all.

Post by vivekvshetty » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:23 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:A 'Thank you' to all three. I think what all three of you are saying is that life begets life and there is no clear demarcation as to where a new life begins and it is a series. If we retrace we will have to go right up to the start which is in the realm of speculation.  

vivek
Hi Vivek,

Just responded to Spiritwhishperer, before I read this post. Like you, I was also tuning into the same thing. That which is present in the body one moment before Death, but not there anymore, one moment after death!

What is *THAT* which most of us alive possess but not when the body dies!

WHAT IS IT? :-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan ji,
your question itself has the answer and i know that you know. present -  presence.
vivek

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:18 pm

We are made up of body, mind, spirit.  The spirit being the eternal part of us carrying the soul onward and upward.  So life, felt in the living body, is spirit.
God bless, J

Return to “General Discussion”