question for everyone

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jamers

question for everyone

Post by jamers » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Has anyone else ever felt overwhelmed with emotions??  I feel like I have every emotion and thought running thru my body and mind right now!  Its almost to the point where I feel extreme anxiety coming on because of it.  I have no idea why I'm feeling this way either.  I don't know whether i'm coming or going lol.   Anyone else ever have this issue???

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 am

Hi,

Firstly I would like to ask if you have ever thought about Meditation? I find it the perfect way to calm my emotions down, sometimes I just sit and breathe and concentrate on my breath. (I find what i call "square breathing" is very helpful, you breathe in for the count of four, hold for four, exhale for four then hold for four and repeat) Why I find this good is because I am concentrating on counting and breathing and not how I am feeling or the thoughts that are going through my mind.

Another thought here is, Does this happen more after you have been around other people? is there any pattern into when you feel more overwhelmed, I pick up others emotions and energies, and it used to be so overwhelming, (sometimes still can be) but now that I am refocused on meditation, and shielding before I leave home, I find it helps.

I hope this offers insight,

Blessings
SW
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

jamers

Post by jamers » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 am

Hi,  Yeah I try to meditate every night right before I go to sleep.  It helps for that moment but after i'm done the thoughts and feelings come back.  I am an empath so that definitely doesn't help on some days lol.  I've tried shielding before but gave up on it cause that really doesn't help.  but its just here recently that the thoughts/feelings are extreme.  Its almost like noise and not any real thought out thoughts.  If that makes any sense? lol  I feel like i'm going crazy...I know i'm not but it feels that way sometimes.  

Thanks for replying!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 pm

jamers wrote:Hi,  Yeah I try to meditate every night right before I go to sleep.  It helps for that moment but after i'm done the thoughts and feelings come back.  I am an empath so that definitely doesn't help on some days lol.  I've tried shielding before but gave up on it cause that really doesn't help.  but its just here recently that the thoughts/feelings are extreme.  Its almost like noise and not any real thought out thoughts.  If that makes any sense? lol  I feel like i'm going crazy...I know i'm not but it feels that way sometimes.  

Thanks for replying!

When the 'restlessness' stops the maddening and overwhelming train of images, sounds, thoughts and feelings will appear to *scroll* at a more manageable speed and become more intelligible.

Focus on this inner restlessness and it will gradually slow down, if you can hold your gaze and concentration long enough.

Good luck!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”