Question about actress and dad

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Qayin

Question about actress and dad

Post by Qayin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:38 pm

I'am looking at a Victoria justice picture on google,my dad walks in and he's sees me doing that and makes that strange face and tells me stop looking at that and says Victoria is successful actress what have you done, why is he acting like this

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Qayin,

We can only guess why your father reacted the way that he did.

Even if it was possible to read his mind, third party readings are not allowed on Mystic Board.

I would guess that you were not looking at Victoria Justice's picture because she is a good actress.

Perhaps your father has issues with you having sexual feelings and fantasies which are perfectly normal and healthy for a man of your age.

It often feels safer to fantasize about someone like her who is not available or attainable as your partner.

She is out of your league?

I believe that your father sees Victoria Justice as being pure and chaste and not as sexually attractive, when like most other human beings she is far from being perfect in the normal sense of the meaning of the words pure and chaste.

Your father has a highly idealised image of what he thinks a woman should be like, which no real woman could ever hope to live up to.

Does any of this make sense to you?

EoT

Qayin

Post by Qayin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:07 am

I guess it makes sence, I think he thought she was fake

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:08 pm

If by fake you mean that your father recognises that the image of who Victoria Justice is as presented by the media is a false one, then I could not agree more with him about this.

But that still does not satisfactorily explain to me why he reacted in such an extreme manner to you looking at her picture. His comment about her being such a good actress gives me the impression (right or wrong) that he is placing her on a pedestal as being perfect, when no human being comes close to being that.

According to his belief about VJ you should not be having any feelings about her, particularly any of a romantic/sexual nature, as "goddesses" like her are seen as being untouchable and asexual.

Return to “General Discussion”