Could I please have some of your time to read this?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Could I please have some of your time to read this?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:19 pm

TO ALL MEMBERS WHO ARE VIEWING THIS MESSAGE

Could I please remind ALL members that directly copying large blocks or slabs of unedited information from a book or another website to Mystic Board is illegal, even if the original author is given due credit.

General members are not allowed to post links to external websites on these forums.

I would therefore suggest that in future the length of each posting should be kept to a single paragraph, and expressed in your own words (paraphrased and summarised) instead of being simply copied and pasted word for word. Often including the intentional errors which are deliberately put there in order to make this practice of claiming someone else's work as your own, easier for the author to detect.

The following paragraph of just over 200 words is an excellent example of what I regard as being the ideal or optimum length for our purposes.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 591#336591
Any specific Horoscope is regarded as one integral but open and dynamic system, which is part of a larger super-system. That larger super-system is the living individual who is an immortal Jeeva carrying fruits of karmas of past lives to this life which are manifest through the Horoscope. That individual is also related to other individuals who influence him/her. The horoscope is not a closed and finite system, it is open to external influences, such as free will of the individual, his/her relations, planetary propitiation, worshipping or fasting blessings of siddha persons, etc. Keeping this in mind, we can study the Horoscope as a unique system in two ways : (1) study the Horoscope according to its inner structures and their functions in the contexts of various events in life, and/or (2) take the Horoscope or any of its sub-systems as a Black Box without trying to study its inner structures and functions and concentrate on its external behaviour in different contexts in order to find out its manifest properties ; this latter approach can help us in confusing situations when classical rules are unclear. This Black Box approach is not the standard method and is only one of the diverse heuristic methods when classical standard method does not help us.
This policy should encourage everyone to think more carefully about what the one or two main points are which they wish to communicate.

It should also discourage "padding" and unnecessary repetition.

It would probably be good netiquette (net manners) to include the name of the author of the book or web article on which your posting was based at its end.

Thank you for listening, and please do not allow this guideline to discourage anyone from continuing to contribute even more high quality postings to the discussion forums than they did before, as Mystic Board cannot survive on readings alone.

Blessings in abundance for each and every one of our valued members,

EoT  Image

Return to “General Discussion”