Can you list places with 'ideal' weather?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jayashree Ravi

Can you list places with 'ideal' weather?

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:34 pm

I shudder thinking how cold it is going to get come Winter over here... as Summer winds up making way for fall, the days are getting shorter and temperatures cooler (kinda). The New England weather is severely cold in Winter season, with a lot of snow fall. I know up in Canada, it is colder in Winter so probably I should not complain. I thank god for not putting me in places prone to hurricane or severe thunderstorm activity. Coming to think of it, I wonder which place I have ever been that has a good weather, suitable for outdoor activities all year long... The place I was born (Chennai down South India) is extremely hot is Summer and there is practically no Winter, except for some rain. I know Bangalore down nearby state of Karnataka, also in South India has supposedly good weather - not too hot in Summer and not cold in Winter... golden for people living there! I know (heard) that California weather is like the Bangalore weather I discribed. Have you ever live in places with golden weather that you miss dearly?
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:24 am

Have you ever live in places with golden weather that you miss dearly?
I have only ever lived in one city (Adelaide South Australia), so I do not miss places with golden weather in which I have lived before.

But I do miss the much more predictable weather which we used to get in Adelaide, when I was still only a boy (ancient history).

Every summer the weather seems to get hotter faster, stay hotter for much longer, and become stickier (more humid).

While every winter seems to get colder.

And in every season there seems to be less rain. We get excited about 3 mm of rain!

Any way what is golden or ideal weather to one person, could be unbearable to the next person.

The terms "golden" and "ideal" are highly subjective.

Reports about what the weather is like in any place are a comparison to what the weather is like in another place.

Therefore judgements about what the weather is like are not only subjective, but in addition relative.

Some people cope better with certain weather conditions than others, so these judgements are also highly individual.

What the temperature is and what it feels like, can be very different.

When a person moves to another country it usually only takes approximately six months for their bodies to adapt to the new weather conditions.

Some people however never adapt psychologically to different weather conditions.

Pardon me for thinking out loud,

EoT  :smt002  :smt002  :smt005

chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 am

I think Singapore has quite the ideal weather.

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Any way what is golden or ideal weather to one person, could be unbearable to the next person.

The terms "golden" and "ideal" are highly subjective.

Reports about what the weather is like in any place are a comparison to what the weather is like in another place.

Therefore judgements about what the weather is like are not only subjective, but in addition relative.

Some people cope better with certain weather conditions than others, so these judgements are also highly individual.
You are right, EOT ji! Shunning the winter cold and embracing the warm Sunny weather is ideal 'to me', but need not be so for those who eagerly look forward to Winter-time activities, etc..

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

chongjasmine wrote:I think Singapore has quite the ideal weather.
Wish I lived there!

Rohiniranjan

Re: Can you list places with 'ideal' weather?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Jayashree Ravi wrote:I shudder thinking how cold it is going to get come Winter over here... as Summer winds up making way for fall, the days are getting shorter and temperatures cooler (kinda). The New England weather is severely cold in Winter season, with a lot of snow fall. I know up in Canada, it is colder in Winter so probably I should not complain. I thank god for not putting me in places prone to hurricane or severe thunderstorm activity. Coming to think of it, I wonder which place I have ever been that has a good weather, suitable for outdoor activities all year long... The place I was born (Chennai down South India) is extremely hot is Summer and there is practically no Winter, except for some rain. I know Bangalore down nearby state of Karnataka, also in South India has supposedly good weather - not too hot in Summer and not cold in Winter... golden for people living there! I know (heard) that California weather is like the Bangalore weather I discribed. Have you ever live in places with golden weather that you miss dearly?
I can take to pretty much any kinds of weather without losing my bliss. It is the mosquitoes, black flies and ticks that I detest!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:06 pm

ticks, are disgusting things, silent and creepy, stealthy monsters, have you seen the film Ticks, OMG!!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:32 pm

A notch better than mosquitoes though!
One can stay out of the path of the former.
The latter come looking for one! B-\
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”