NEW POLICY ABOUT POSTING LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES (2015)

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

NEW POLICY ABOUT POSTING LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES (2015)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:46 pm

To all members,

We have recently revisited our general policy about general members posting links to external websites on the forums.

I want to make it clear to everyone as to how the administrators and moderators on Mystic Board decide whether or not an external link should be allowed to remain on the boards.

If the link is advertising or self promoting your own website or personal cause or project, then it must ONLY be posted on the link exchange, and it must obey the rules of that forum to stay there.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... php?t=7598

If by posting any external link on a forum either you or the owner of that website would make a personal profit or gain (including financial and self promotion), then the link will be removed by the moderator without any further warning or explanation being given.

Forum signatures are a special case.

General members are NOT allowed to include links to their own websites or to any other external website in their forum signature.

However site helper team members and members who pay an annual subscription fee can apply to Swetha to be given this permission (as well as given instructions how to pay the subscription).

If at any time BEFORE posting a link you are not sure if it will be allowed on that forum and would like my guidance on this matter, I am usually only a private message away.

Also the maximum number of words allowed for any posting is around the 200 words mark.

Thank you for reading this,  

EoT
Last edited by eye_of_tiger on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Update

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:01 am

TO ALL MEMBERS

As part of wanting to make the forums more user friendly again, I would like to clear up this matter once and for all about how we decide whether an external link is allowed to be posted on the forums.

Which is why I have made this posting a global announcement.
When you are in any doubt as to whether the posting of a link to an external website will be allowed on the forums, please read the above guidelines which have been there since late November of last year.

If the external site is not your own which you are promoting or advertising, OR the owner of the website is not being intentionally or deliberately given free advertising or promotion of their products or services by you posting it on our forums, then please go ahead.

If a moderator disagrees with you about whether a particular link should be posted then we reserve the right to either remove the link itself, or if necessary the entire posting if it no longer makes any sense without the link being included.

No bad feelings, and no harm done.
Thanks everyone,

Brian  Image

Return to “General Discussion”