What are some good birthday gifts?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

singulierlamp

Post by singulierlamp » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 am

I'm bored and have nothing else to buy for myself, so im starting to buy my friends birthday gifts. What are some good gifts to give? Funny ones? Things below 100 please. I want them to be creative and cute. (btw, im in highschool if that helps) Thanks!

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:31 pm

btw, im in highschool if that helps
Are you really still in high school at the age of 27?

It is important that the date of birth shown in your forum profile is accurate?

http://mysticboard.org/pr ... ditprofile
What are some good gifts to give?
What does the word "good" mean to you?

What is a "good" present to you may not necessarily be a "good" present to your friend.

That very much depends upon the person whom you are buying the gift for, and the reason(s) why you are giving it to them.

If you are buying them gifts simply because you are bored, then the present is really for you to feel better about yourself, and whether your friends would consider your gift to be a good and useful one does not count.

If a present has been chosen by you for your friend for the right reason (to show how much you value your friendship) and it is something that they would be interested in having and be able to use on a regular basis, then it will most likely be a good present to them.

What are your friend's interests and hobbies? Do they play a particular sport, like to watch movies, or play online games? Do they drink or smoke? How old are they? Are they married or single? Creative and cute are hardly useful criteria to help you to select something for that individual which would be both appreciated and valued.

No matter how funny, creative and cute you may believe that the present is to you, if your friend cannot or will not use it then it is a waste of your money, and it is not going to help the friendship grow and make them feel that you genuinely care about them, which is what giving people gifts was always meant to be about.

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:10 am

Don't know why this reminded this 'old guy' of a nostalgic memory :-)
My children were young and it was 'Father's Day'. The Cancerian was as always well planned and had bought (with Mom's help) not one but a few gifts for me!
My Sagittarian one had completely forgotten! :-)

Suddenly, I noticed that my archer had gone missing from the little celebration we annually hold (The gemini likes those!)

When he emerged, "Happy Father's Day!" and handed me with a bar of soap. It was no ordinary *dove* but one which had been hurriedly carved into a hastily created (shavings had not been brushed off completely) piece of art!

Nothing like the gift of creativity and ingenuity in someone not quite nine then!

I thanked the Big Father in Heaven for my Gifts and that memorable moment...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:It was no ordinary *dove* but one which had been hurriedly carved into a hastily created (shavings had not been brushed off completely) piece of art!
Awww... how sweet (and thoughtful)! I love it when little children try to make something on their own. My son, as a little fellow, used to buy something for me with his father's help. usually daughters are the ones that 'make' things. My daughter sits and makes these wonderful cards... that last in memory forever!
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

AngoloGomez

Post by AngoloGomez » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 am

I would like to know the age of your friend?

Astrosameer

Post by Astrosameer » Wed May 25, 2016 4:56 am

Great impressive this one.

blankpuppy

Post by blankpuppy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:38 am

Try this article. The ideas here are really cute.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:47 am

blankpuppy wrote:Try this article. The ideas here are really cute.
Hi BP,

Your link has been approved.

Although the OP has not visited us since December 8th of last year, the link might be of some use to couples looking for birthday presents for each other, so I will leave it in place.

Watch out for the advertising popup on this page which is a real nuisance, and which can clearly bypass some browser popup blockers.

Cheers,

Brian

Calla Abegail

Post by Calla Abegail » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:05 am

If I'm one to buy a gift for a friend in HS. I'll give a planner or notebook and a pen. I presume that will suit her age.

Return to “General Discussion”