What would I ask god for?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed May 25, 2016 10:10 am

Why ask for things from God?  If I were to ask God for wealth, and it falls out of the sky and lands in my lap, will I value it, or will I use it all up and then expect more?  It is in achieving things that I find value, much more than having the thing, whatever it is.  A sporting trophy for example.  I have a cupboard full of them, because every kid got one every year for their sport.  The ones on the mantle are the ones that were worked for and earnt through pain and sacrifice.  If I asked God for love and was given a woman, would I think this woman loved me for me or because of some enchantment?  It would haunt me forever.  If I asked God for happiness, and was given happiness, what happens when I grieve?

Life is life, full of the full spectrum of emotion.  It is good to have a good journey, yes, but there is also a time to be sad, a time to be tough, a time to crumble and retreat.  Life is a journey, the important part is finding the right path.  Your path is your path, and not those of another, as we are each unique bubbles of consciousness with unique skills and unique experiences.

It is one thing to act for others and do charitous deeds, but one who lives entirely for others will suffer needlessly.  The middle path is the way to go in my view; acting compassionately for others but having that same level of compassion for your own self, even partaking in some of the ;) joys of life when they present themselves.

I can certainly relate to feeding the soul though.  For me that used to mean interpreting dreams, but I find I am going through some significant spiritual growth.  Thanks EoT by the way, you are a great guide ;)

Astrosameer

Post by Astrosameer » Thu May 26, 2016 5:29 am

Nobody can judge god judgement. But i think what you had done same thing you will get back.

Return to “General Discussion”