Thoughts/Experiences on Binaural Beats?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MysticalParadox

Thoughts/Experiences on Binaural Beats?

Post by MysticalParadox » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:24 pm

I wanted to see if I could start a conversation with all of you on Binaural Beats or Isochronic Tones.

Have you used them?

How did they affect you?

Where do you stand on the subject?

Thank You. Looking forward to a conversation with you all

MP
Eternally lost, wandering, looking for something. Just don't know what. I'm in a MysticalParadox.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Thoughts/Experiences on Binaural Beats?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:21 pm

MysticalParadox wrote:I wanted to see if I could start a conversation with all of you on Binaural Beats or Isochronic Tones.

Have you used them?

How did they affect you?

Where do you stand on the subject?

Thank You. Looking forward to a conversation with you all

MP
Yes! Basis makes sense. Not magic (what is?) so requires motivation and repetition since it is a way to train or retrain the mind (brain).
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:21 pm

I found they really made me feel sick, some of the tones were painful, others I couldn't hear or feel.
MP do you use them and what for and which ones?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:12 pm

obviously not your cup of tea :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 am

Nope, I think I am very sensitive to the feedback they can produce, they negate the effect?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Talia wrote:Nope, I think I am very sensitive to the feedback they can produce, they negate the effect?
One thing less to spend time on; that is a blessing! :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:24 pm

There is a free website that offers recordings f the binaural beats if you google it :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Not surprised at all  :smt004

I think in the field of occultism, in general, resonance is the underpinning key.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Of course none of this negative feedback about the use and effectiveness of binaural beats in modifying and synchronizing brain waves in a manner similar to the altered state of consciousness usually only seen in deep meditative states detracts from the fact that for some people they can do a lot of good, and greatly accelerate a process which would have normally taken many years.

This is something highly individual. Like Talia, I not only find binaural beats to be distracting, but also intensely irritating due to my own over-sensitivity.

But the same dislike applies in my case to heavily guided meditations, and the over use of music to reach the deep meditative state.

It is not a dislike unique to binaural beats?

Is there anyone out there who has successfully used binaural beats in a manner which supports the many enthusiastic claims which have been made about their effectiveness?

Thank you everyone,

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Individual variability is the constant in biology :-)

Entrainment requires time, dedication-persistence and a certain degree of ability to be mentally and physically still. Prior meditation experience has been observed to be helpful.

That said, just as in most occult-spiritual type pursuits, the lack of rigid or at least narrowly prescribed spectrum of producing these probably is responsible for variability in reactions and responses of individuals.

Since you ask, individuals that I know of have who benefitted included people with anxiety conditions, as meditation aids, improving concentration, insomnia, etc. Please remember that it is not a cure or replacement for therapeutic modalities or magical. Probably best avoided by those who felt discomfort at their close encounter with these modalities  :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

MysticalParadox

Post by MysticalParadox » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Thank You for taking the time to share your opinions.

I have used Binaural beats. My reasons for using them was to see if it could help me block out outside distractions (mainly sounds) I have an EXTREMELY active mind and find it impossible to clear for meditating and such.

Im a believer in the effect EMP's have on us (If i stand by the freezer when it start to ''hum'' I feel a awful pressure on the side of my head and my ear rings loudly. It can even be almost painful. Then it goes after about 20 seconds). As our electrical equipment also resonates at a frequency and it has such an affect on me I thought I'd try a more suitable one for me as a living creature.

I did a lot or studying into frequencies and their uses and have mostly used the Schumann Resonance 7.83Hz, which is the natural tone the earth resonates at and should aid with grounding.

The tones are annoying at first but i use headphones (and never loud) and after a minute or so find my mind calming and I can just allow colours and images to fill my mind.

By all means like anything, it's not for everyone and it should not cause discomfort so for those who it does should not use them.
Eternally lost, wandering, looking for something. Just don't know what. I'm in a MysticalParadox.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:59 pm

MysticalParadox wrote:Thank You for taking the time to share your opinions.

I have used Binaural beats. My reasons for using them was to see if it could help me block out outside distractions (mainly sounds) I have an EXTREMELY active mind and find it impossible to clear for meditating and such.

Im a believer in the effect EMP's have on us (If i stand by the freezer when it start to ''hum'' I feel a awful pressure on the side of my head and my ear rings loudly. It can even be almost painful. Then it goes after about 20 seconds). As our electrical equipment also resonates at a frequency and it has such an affect on me I thought I'd try a more suitable one for me as a living creature.

I did a lot or studying into frequencies and their uses and have mostly used the Schumann Resonance 7.83Hz, which is the natural tone the earth resonates at and should aid with grounding.

The tones are annoying at first but i use headphones (and never loud) and after a minute or so find my mind calming and I can just allow colours and images to fill my mind.

By all means like anything, it's not for everyone and it should not cause discomfort so for those who it does should not use them.
If interested, and not already having explored, a familiarity with the rhythms of the brain (EEG) would be helpful.

The equipment is of critical importance, particularly for individuals who are sensitive-hypersensitive. Originally, binaural earphones (extremely high separation of left and right channels with super-minimal cross-talk) was recommended, along with high degree of isolation from ambient sounds. Many modern recordings employ less stringent extra- and inter-aural isolation, but while serving well most of the occupants of the normal bell curve of distribution, might be leading to uncomfortable experiences in the occupants on the extremes of the distribution curve...?

Anyways, enjoy your experience!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”