No more chasing paper trails

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

blankpuppy

No more chasing paper trails

Post by blankpuppy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:36 am

Anyone here who has any idea on how we can control documents in the office. My boss said that he's tired of chasing paper trails and asking who has who and who edited what. I was asked to find a software for document control but I don't know which of the ones I found via Google are good.

Rohiniranjan

Re: No more chasing paper trails

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:11 am

blankpuppy wrote:Anyone here who has any idea on how we can control documents in the office. My boss said that he's tired of chasing paper trails and asking who has who and who edited what. I was asked to find a software for document control but I don't know which of the ones I found via Google are good.
Both msword and wordperfect track any edits made as long as individuals are using different computers/laptops etc. The name of the user account is captured in the annotations.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

blankpuppy

Post by blankpuppy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks for your advice. I told my boss about your recommendation and said he prefers a software that can track the edits accurately. I saw these online- XaitPorter, Q-Pulse, Zoho Docs, BSI Knowledge Manager and ETQ. However, I am not sure about how reliable these are except for the last [external link removed] which was used by my previous company. Anyway, TY for your help. Appreciate it much!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:18 pm

you are very welcome!

I am sure there must be dedicated doc-mgmt. software systems that might better suit the needs of your org. We were happy with the sw I mentioned we were using in fed. govt where we had a maximum of 2 doz. people editing the documents at the most.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “General Discussion”