Some beliefs can help us, but..........

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:31 am

If I may suggest, Brian, perhaps defining what constitutes belief within the boundaries-framework of your thread might be helpful.
Please read my previous posting in which I have already done what you have just suggested.

Still learning.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 361#343361

Clearly you know what a boundaries - framework is, but please spare a thought for other members who do not know what it is, and honestly do not care.

I am attempting to help people examine how their personal beliefs work for or against them.

People needing help in this area should not be looked down on because they can better understand something written in Wikipedia, or are not interested in a long philosophical discourse of the type in which you excel.

That is not the way in which we treat our members.

You have a right to express your opinions and to enjoy lengthy and complex discussions elsewhere, as they equally have the right to read something much simpler and easier to understand and to apply what they have learned here in their daily lives.

Then everyone including yourself can get his or her personal needs met, and everyone's rights are equally respected.

The Mystic Board way.

Brian  :smt006  :smt006  :smt006

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Some beliefs can help us, but..........

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:44 pm

eye_of_tiger wrote:Some beliefs (all types of beliefs) can help us to grow and develop as both human and spiritual beings, and bring us closer together with each other.

But other beliefs can have a completely opposite result. Some beliefs can equally block us from fully growing and developing as both human and spiritual beings, and drive us further apart from one another.
RishiRahul wrote:All religions, or most, has given importance to re-incarnation. And we were to believe in it.
Of course, we can never prove it. Despite so many stories of personal experiences by extra or hypersensitive people.

Religions were created by master Philosophers and Leaders of societies, who devised or had to device ways to keep his society to be united, grow and stay together..... For which he needed families/familial bonds; which can only be strengthened through moral sense (also a subject in our early years).

As everything was created out of Neccessity' (even spelling' to maintain uniformity)....... Oops! wrong spelling....!

RishiRahul

I believe that the pioneers of Religions, basically wanted to influence a way of life that is good/healthy to follow so that we and our community has a meaning to live for etc etc.....

....For which they created the idea of past life & /karma.
See,Nothing can be proved scientifically.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:26 pm

RishiRahul wrote:...I believe that the pioneers of Religions, basically wanted to influence a way of life that is good/healthy to follow so that we and our community has a meaning to live for etc etc.....

RishiRahul
Perhaps so, and we cannot be certain since they often spoke in parables, metaphors and were generally terse rather than descriptive.

What is curious is that some religions strongly and in details described the verity of reincarnation (for example), whereas certain other religions were silent or rather strongly denied the verity of reincarnation. This creates a strong rift between the thinking of these religions or of the pioneers that created the religious framework. By the way, lest someone conclude hastily, I am not saying that this alone is the reason for the intolerance between modern religions, or rather religions in modern times.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:57 am

I apologize to Brian ji for discussing/opening up the topic of karma in my response earlier (post #2). I did not think it will have such a profound "ripple" effect.
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:41 am

I apologize to Brian ji for discussing/opening up the topic of karma in my response earlier (post #2). I did not think it will have such a profound "ripple" effect.
Hello Jayashree,

There is really no need to apologise.

Actually I was delighted to get any response from anyone, after so many months of relative inactivity on all boards.

And the question does include a person's spiritual and religious beliefs.

So you were not off topic.

I am also delighted to see you beginning a new thread on Karma in another forum.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... highlight=

Those members who wish to specifically discuss karma in much greater depth, can now do so thanks to you.

At any time any member (including myself) can open a new thread/topic as needed, and begin a discussion.

I want members to begin and contribute to discussions, which both interest and engage them.

The more active discussions which we have going at the same time, the more likely it is that new members will find something which attracts them to make that first post.

If the current thread does not do this, then click on New Topic and away you go.

If I feel that it belongs in a different forum from where you posted it, then I will move it there on your behalf.

No problems!

Brian :smt059

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:...I believe that the pioneers of Religions, basically wanted to influence a way of life that is good/healthy to follow so that we and our community has a meaning to live for etc etc.....

RishiRahul
Perhaps so, and we cannot be certain since they often spoke in parables, metaphors and were generally terse rather than descriptive.

What is curious is that some religions strongly and in details described the verity of reincarnation (for example), whereas certain other religions were silent or rather strongly denied the verity of reincarnation. This creates a strong rift between the thinking of these religions or of the pioneers that created the religious framework. By the way, lest someone conclude hastily, I am not saying that this alone is the reason for the intolerance between modern religions, or rather religions in modern times.

Hey Dada,

Great having your response!

So, here is a difference in Religions in the idea of Re incarnation. Wow!
Ideally it should have been like that as great ideas can differ too.

This is a burning question for me too, personally.
But I can be never be so sure, as surety comes to me through experience. And mine, like everyones, is Limited.

Again I tend to believe in the Greek philosophy called 'Nemesis', which say that there is a taskmaster watching, sort of...

Whatever little, I have understood through personal experience and my study of divinations, allows me to believe the fact that religions were created out of necessity.

Intolerance happens with the lack of tolerance and open vision and flexibility.

I am still open to change......

Thanks for responding  :)

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 pm

RishiRahul wrote:...
Rishi
Cultural maturity in true deep sense, in other words.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 pm
RishiRahul wrote:...
Rishi
Cultural maturity in true deep sense, in other words.

Good to see you, Dada! :)

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Return to “General Discussion”